NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

16 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Thought id chuck this in, am now up in Inverness Oct 7-14 which i didnt realise was international week - any idea where i might find midweek games ? Wrong wk for reserves as well, ruining my planning !

https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com/

https://www.scottishpyramidfixtures.com/

Our first non league Bumper podcast.

https://parkthebusfitbapodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/13356756-non-league-round-up

0:00Intro & Lowland League
36:35Highland League
41:03North Junior
46:22 Midland League
49:53 South Of Scotland
56:13 West of Scotland
1:03:53 East of Scotland & Outro

I'll apologise for our pronunciations in advance. We are still learning lots about the league

5 hours ago, ParkTheBusFitbaPod said:

Our first non league Bumper podcast.

https://parkthebusfitbapodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/13356756-non-league-round-up

0:00Intro & Lowland League
36:35Highland League
41:03North Junior
46:22 Midland League
49:53 South Of Scotland
56:13 West of Scotland
1:03:53 East of Scotland & Outro

I'll apologise for our pronunciations in advance. We are still learning lots about the league

Just a wee note on the "junior leagues" here. You said that the North Region & Midlands League are "still junior" and will probably change at some point. Although both leagues are still organised by the NRJFA & ERJFA respectively (who are in turn falling under the SJFA) so are technically indeed "still junior", the situation has considerably changed already. These leagues aren't stand-alone anymore, they are both part of the pyramid, clubs can get licensed & if licensed and they win the league, they go in a promotion play-off to get to the Highland League. Currently only 2 clubs across both regions are licensed and thus eligible for promotion, both in the Midlands League: Lochee United & Tayport. Other clubs are however working on their license so within the next few years I'm confident there are considerably more than just these 2, probably mainly in the Midlands League as the facilities tend to be better around here but there will probably be some in the North Region too.

In the Midlands League, Lochee United have spoken out that our ambition is to get promotion to the Highland League. We strengthened considerably for this season in the hope to achieve that. Most remarkable signing is no doubt Bobby Linn, who came over from Arbroath where he was a fans' favourite. He retired from playing in the SPFL but couldn't resist the call from his local club (he has lived in Lochee all his life, very close to the ground). The squad has considerably more depth this season too, which was main our issue last season as we didn't have enough cover to deal with injuries and lost too many points when the inevitable injuries hit us. We are not expecting to get an easy ride towards the league title though as there is strong competition. Downfield look good & we had to come from 3-1 behind to beat them 5-3 in an absolute thriller last Saturday. Brougthy Athletic are also a strong side so we expect tough competition from them.

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Just a wee note on the "junior leagues" here. You said that the North Region & Midlands League are "still junior" and will probably change at some point. Although both leagues are still organised by the NRJFA & ERJFA respectively (who are in turn falling under the SJFA) so are technically indeed "still junior", the situation has considerably changed already. These leagues aren't stand-alone anymore, they are both part of the pyramid, clubs can get licensed & if licensed and they win the league, they go in a promotion play-off to get to the Highland League. Currently only 2 clubs across both regions are licensed and thus eligible for promotion, both in the Midlands League: Lochee United & Tayport. Other clubs are however working on their license so within the next few years I'm confident there are considerably more than just these 2, probably mainly in the Midlands League as the facilities tend to be better around here but there will probably be some in the North Region too.

In the Midlands League, Lochee United have spoken out that our ambition is to get promotion to the Highland League. We strengthened considerably for this season in the hope to achieve that. Most remarkable signing is no doubt Bobby Linn, who came over from Arbroath where he was a fans' favourite. He retired from playing in the SPFL but couldn't resist the call from his local club (he has lived in Lochee all his life, very close to the ground). The squad has considerably more depth this season too, which was main our issue last season as we didn't have enough cover to deal with injuries and lost too many points when the inevitable injuries hit us. We are not expecting to get an easy ride towards the league title though as there is strong competition. Downfield look good & we had to come from 3-1 behind to beat them 5-3 in an absolute thriller last Saturday. Brougthy Athletic are also a strong side so we expect tough competition from them.

Thank you for all of that. It's vastly appreciated. 

We don't hide that we are building our knowledge so again thank you.

I was recording a little recap of the tier 6 leagues yesterday and seen the cup result between Stoneywood Parkvale and Glentanar caught my eye. Any highlights at all? Seems a cup tie that shouldn't have been missed?

The episode is here although I would love to see that game 

https://parkthebusfitbapodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/13600823-september-so-far-below-tier-5

• 2 weeks later...