Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

Club probably can't afford to sack Aitken otherwise it's a no brainer he would have been punted weeks ago I don't have any confidence in him. If he's left to rebuild the squad, remember that was his task, priority when he took over. His record is not good enough. Committee do the right thing get him out now grow a pair of balls.

17 minutes ago, TwoFooted said:

Club probably can't afford to sack Aitken otherwise it's a no brainer he would have been punted weeks ago I don't have any confidence in him. If he's left to rebuild the squad, remember that was his task, priority when he took over. His record is not good enough. Committee do the right thing get him out now grow a pair of balls.

The financial element is ringing alarm bells, I can't think of any other reason to keep him on.

22 minutes ago, TwoFooted said:

It's tough enough as it is mate. I though maybe just a few players to freshen things up would have been all we needed 

We were well beaten today, it's more than just a few players we will be needing. Neilston already relegated, looked better coached and motivated. When they needed subs they brought men on, we brought on kids who aren't ready for that level of football.

13 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Another year of dropped attendances then.

I'm not sure the attendances can get much lower? Looks like it just the diehards/hardcore left now.

Posted (edited)

No hiding place from a result like that, woeful from start to finish.

I think we all thought at the start of the season we'd be there or there abouts for promotion, Johnston Burgh's spending spree put them as favourites then a straight shoot out for 4 or 5 other contenders including the Buffs.

We had a slow start to the season then were top by January after 19 games, albeit other teams had games in hand.

The record over the last 10 games has been abysmal, 3 wins, 7 losses and a goal difference of -9.

Truth of the matter is, that is relegation form, had we not put the points on the board earlier in the season we'd be staring at 2nd division football.

My tuppence worth on it is this:

The manager has been dealt a poor hand, strikers Mackin and Boyd missing most if the season, had they played, the games we dominated without scoring or struggled to score might have been won and certainly would have had an effect on that -9 goal difference since January.

The Defence was never the same two weeks running due to injuries and suspensions, yesterday it was unrecognisable and had never played together that I remember, hence why it shipped 5 goals to a relegated side.

Midfield story is the same, Wee Campbell looks a cracking prospect, and there is dig in there but where's the flair? With Campbell and Blair in the middle we have two gattuso's but no Pirlo, Benji's missed most of the season, Jordan had injuries and suspensions, Gavs missed a good few games.

U20s have stepped in a good few times and are looking like good prospects for the future but they need leaders on and off the park to talk them through the game and mentor them.

Mind when big Jambo started, never won a header, caught out of position time and time again, but by the time he'd moved on, he was arguably one of our best players, that was down to good coaching and mentoring from senior players. That seems to be missing at present.

The under 20s are reffered to on the park as "Wee Man", no even worthy of a name. 

I genuinely think Tiff and Durranty have brought a bit of professionalism back to the Club over the last season and a half.

Are they the guys to take it forward? My answer is, IDK,  let's see what they do with a full squad of first team players for a season. No easy task as we don't have a huge squad.

We don't have a big budget, it cost us a fair wad to put all the bits in place for the SFA licenss bringing Scottish Cup football to Kilwinning and to give the fans a facilty they can be proud of.

This was always going to be a short term pain for a long term gain and Id say we are still suffering from that short term pain at present.

Last point, during Chris Strains last few Seasons at the Buffs we had terrible results at the tail end, and for similar reasons listed above.

He's gone on to prove himself at a club with arguably more resource, he has also mibe had that wee but of luck it takes to win things that seemed to elude him at the Buffs.

Here's hoping we get that wee bit of luck for season 24/25

COYB

Edited by Leeco10
Grammar

57 minutes ago, Leeco10 said:

No hiding place from a result like that, woeful from start to finish.

I think we all thought at the start of the season we'd be there or there abouts for promotion, Johnston Burgh's spending spree put them as favourites then a straight shoot out for 4 or 5 other contenders including the Buffs.

We had a slow start to the season then were top by January after 19 games, albeit other teams had games in hand.

The record over the last 10 games has been abysmal, 3 wins, 7 losses and a goal difference of -9.

Truth of the matter is, that is relegation form, had we not put the points on the board earlier in the season we'd be staring at 2nd division football.

My tuppence worth on it is this:

The manager has been dealt a poor hand, strikers Mackin and Boyd missing most if the season, had they played, the games we dominated without scoring or struggled to score might have been won and certainly would have had an effect on that -9 goal difference since January.

The Defence was never the same two weeks running due to injuries and suspensions, yesterday it was unrecognisable and had never played together that I remember, hence why it shipped 5 goals to a relegated side.

Midfield story is the same, Wee Campbell looks a cracking prospect, and there is dig in there but where's the flair? With Campbell and Blair in the middle we have two gattuso's but no Pirlo, Benji's missed most of the season, Jordan had injuries and suspensions, Gavs missed a good few games.

U20s have stepped in a good few times and are looking like good prospects for the future but they need leaders on and off the park to talk them through the game and mentor them.

Mind when big Jambo started, never won a header, caught out of position time and time again, but by the time he'd moved on, he was arguably one of our best players, that was down to good coaching and mentoring from senior players. That seems to be missing at present.

The under 20s are reffered to on the park as "Wee Man", no even worthy of a name. 

I genuinely think Tiff and Durranty have brought a bit of professionalism back to the Club over the last season and a half.

Are they the guys to take it forward? My answer is, IDK,  let's see what they do with a full squad of first team players for a season. No easy task as we don't have a huge squad.

We don't have a big budget, it cost us a fair wad to put all the bits in place for the SFA licenss bringing Scottish Cup football to Kilwinning and to give the fans a facilty they can be proud of.

This was always going to be a short term pain for a long term gain and Id say we are still suffering from that short term pain at present.

Last point, during Chris Strains last few Seasons at the Buffs we had terrible results at the tail end, and for similar reasons listed above.

He's gone on to prove himself at a club with arguably more resource, he has also mibe had that wee but of luck it takes to win things that seemed to elude him at the Buffs.

Here's hoping we get that wee bit of luck for season 24/25

COYB

Good post. If you are old enough, you'll remember the 99 season, exceptional that it was. That squad consisted of 15 players who played a huge number of games, the starting 11 was nearly the same every week. Question is, why is the current squad suffering so many injuries? Are they really injured or just don't fancy it. Nobody even knows what our first choice defence is. 

In terms of the young players. All of them will be prospects to some extent or another, but none of them are physically ready for the league that we are playing in.

Where the professionalism you're talking about just listen to Lamonts post match interview questioning the players commitment and the manager a few post matches ago taking about how much of a failure he's been. Grant it we've had some injuries but all teams have to deal with that. 

Good post Leeco10. However you’ve arrived at the point I did with the current management one year after I did. This time last season (having been relegated) I felt Chris Aitken deserved a full season with his team of players having inherited a bad hand from Gormley. He’s had it and I’d score it as say 3 out of 10. It’s been an awful season particularly at home and I don’t have any faith that Aitken can wheel and deal in the transfer market and improve things next season. Time to change tack and bring in someone who actually knows the West of Scotland League and football in North Ayrshire.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Good post Leeco10. However you’ve arrived at the point I did with the current management one year after I did. This time last season (having been relegated) I felt Chris Aitken deserved a full season with his team of players having inherited a bad hand from Gormley. He’s had it and I’d score it as say 3 out of 10. It’s been an awful season particularly at home and I don’t have any faith that Aitken can wheel and deal in the transfer market and improve things next season. Time to change tack and bring in someone who actually knows the West of Scotland League and football in North Ayrshire.

By the sound of his post match interview he's at the helm again for another season.  Like you I don't have any faith in Aitken. You mentioned the squad he inherited from Gormley most of which are still there isn't that the problem. He's had more than a full season to get it right and failed miserably. Don't think I will be anywhere near Buffs Park whilst he's in charge. Apologies if I'm not a fan of Aitken it's just my opinion. 

Edited by TwoFooted

1 hour ago, TwoFooted said:

Where the professionalism you're talking about just listen to Lamonts post match interview questioning the players commitment and the manager a few post matches ago taking about how much of a failure he's been. Grant it we've had some injuries but all teams have to deal with that. 

The difference between Gormley's and Tiffs training is one area, his ability  to see fault in himself is another.

I watched training sessions under the previous manager, and I can honestly say they were a joke, it looked like a squad of workmates had hired the pitch for a kickabout.

Strains were always high intensity, Tiffs are back at that level.

The problems yesterday and over the course of the season, especially the start IMHO are more down to lack of cohesion due to injuries, a lack of natural leaders on the park and ultimately a lack of depth in the squad, not a lack of professionalism.

Last season certain players took us for a ride, not attending training, didnt have to fight to get into the first team, arguing with fans and taking the piss generally.

That's been stamped out, the Players that signed up this season have, in the whole, conducted themselves well, win lose or draw.

I don't belive Lamonts comments contradict my own, they show a frustration within the squad, I believe they are trying their best but it's not working, and hasn't for a good part of the season, they are questioning themselves and each other as to why, naturally.

Individually they are decent players and look on paper like a good side, unfortunately that paper with the names on it has had "Unavailable" next to too often this season.

The Club Physio has arguably had the hardest shift this season.

The manager does need to shoulder some of the blame and has.

Here’s the problem with I have with another year of Chris Aitken Leeco - it was obvious a year ago that the squad was nowhere near good enough and yet the manager changed virtually nothing over the close season. Why not?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Leeco10 said:

The difference between Gormley's and Tiffs training is one area, his ability  to see fault in himself is another.

I watched training sessions under the previous manager, and I can honestly say they were a joke, it looked like a squad of workmates had hired the pitch for a kickabout.

The problems yesterday and over the course of the season, especially the start IMHO are more down to lack of cohesion due to injuries, a lack of natural leaders on the park and ultimately a lack of depth in the squad, not a lack of professionalism.

Last season certain players took us for a ride, not attending training, didnt have to fight to get into the first team, arguing with fans and taking the piss generally.

That's been stamped out, the Players that signed up this season have, in the whole, conducted themselves well, win lose or draw.

I don't belive Lamonts comments contradict my own, they show a frustration within the squad, I believe they are trying their best but it's not working, and hasn't for a good part of the season, they are questioning themselves and each other as to why, naturally.

Individually they are decent players and look on paper like a good side, unfortunately that paper with the names on it has had "Unavailable" next to too often this season.

You obviously have a very bad opinion about Gormley and it's evident that you criticise him and not fully Aitken who has had more than enough time to turn it around than Gormley ever had. Your post is blinded by facts that Aitken is a failure. 

Edited by TwoFooted

20 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Here’s the problem with I have with another year of Chris Aitken Leeco - it was obvious a year ago that the squad was nowhere near good enough and yet the manager changed virtually nothing over the close season. Why not?

Exactly my point 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Leeco10 said:

Wow Aitken's training must be shite then

Edited by TwoFooted

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TwoFooted said:

Aitken training must be brilliant wow what a plonker you are 

Aye, cheers🤣

I'm not blinkered to Aitkens lack of success, but I  do think it's for very different reasons to that of the previous manager.

We obviously have very different opinions on this and whether am a "Plonker" or not🤣

Edited by Leeco10