Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

37 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Interesting to contrast the fortunes of AWR with their fellow three toon counterparts

Ardrossan have plenty of money to spend the other two dont.

3 hours ago, funky monkey said:

AWR and the Medda.

True - four North Ayrshire teams next season.  I don't mind playing some of the Glasgow/Lanarkshire teams but the crowds do suffer from a lack of a local rivalry.

• 2 weeks later...

That's Buffs 10th league defeat of the season. For a club that was in the Premier League last season it's been a hugely disappointing and unacceptable campaign. Being honest, even when we topped the league for a short spell, we've just never looked good enough to get a promotion spot.

I've stated a few times that I didn't think the squad was refreshed enough during the close season and that led to a poor start to the season for Buffs. We had more or less the same group of players that took to relegation.

We've had to rely quite heavily on our twenties to bolster the squad all season. It's a big ask to put a level of responsibility on young players to try and get promotion.

I'll cut the management team some slack in that we have had horrendous injury problems this season, rarely putting out the same starting 11, same midfield, losing 2 of our strikers for the majority of the season.

Big questions and decisions for the Buffs committee. Do we stick or twist? Will we need to downsize with less money around the club, smaller crowds?

The only positive for next season is that we'll have local derbies again Irvine Meadow, Winton Rovers and Ladeside to look forward to. It's not going to be any easier for us next season though. Planning has to start now.

FB_IMG_1713025351533.jpg

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

That's Buffs 10th league defeat of the season. For a club that was in the Premier League last season it's been a hugely disappointing and unacceptable campaign. Being honest, even when we topped the league for a short spell, we've just never looked good enough to get a promotion spot.

I've stated a few times that I didn't think the squad was refreshed enough during the close season and that led to a poor start to the season for Buffs. We had more or less the same group of players that took to relegation.

We've had to rely quite heavily on our twenties to bolster the squad all season. It's a big ask to put a level of responsibility on young players to try and get promotion.

I'll cut the management team some slack in that we have had horrendous injury problems this season, rarely putting out the same starting 11, same midfield, losing 2 of our strikers for the majority of the season.

Big questions and decisions for the Buffs committee. Do we stick or twist? Will we need to downsize with less money around the club, smaller crowds?

The only positive for next season is that we'll have local derbies again Irvine Meadow, Winton Rovers and Ladeside to look forward to. It's not going to be any easier for us next season though. Planning has to start now.

FB_IMG_1713025351533.jpg

An excellent post and one that I mostly agree with.

The one area where my opinion does differ is that we have a Manager in place who has ultimately failed during his time at the club.

The statistics will show that he was the man in charge when we lost our Premier League status (regardless of how poor we were before he took over) and it is again his name leading a side that has failed to regain its place in the top league.

Injury problems aside, many questions have been asked during his tenure at the club from developing a player for another club ahead of arguably one of our best players and the point-blank refusal to start a player who has proved he can score goals when brought off the bench.

I do think that smaller crowds will be an issue for us going forward (especially if we keep Aitken) so it’s important all income is maximised on those derby days.

52 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

An excellent post and one that I mostly agree with.

The one area where my opinion does differ is that we have a Manager in place who has ultimately failed during his time at the club.

The statistics will show that he was the man in charge when we lost our Premier League status (regardless of how poor we were before he took over) and it is again his name leading a side that has failed to regain its place in the top league.

Injury problems aside, many questions have been asked during his tenure at the club from developing a player for another club ahead of arguably one of our best players and the point-blank refusal to start a player who has proved he can score goals when brought off the bench.

I do think that smaller crowds will be an issue for us going forward (especially if we keep Aitken) so it’s important all income is maximised on those derby days.

No disagreement from me. Aitken had plenty of games to get us out of relegation last season, but failed. This season has been one big failure. The manager made a rod for his own back with the goalkeeping situation. We reckon that we would have been up to 9 points better off down to the mistakes of the rookie goalkeeper, yet  the manager persisted with him until today. Personally, I think it's time to admit that the manager hasn't worked out and to make a change, but that's up to the committee. At our level of football it can be about who has the most money, but it's also about who has the best contacts and ability to use whatever budget wisely. Friels and McGowan have proven that at AWR, the best coached team I've seen at Buffs Park this season.

The main issue I’ve got if we keep Chris Aitken is simply this: what’s he going to do different this coming close season that he couldn’t do last year. We needed a massive rebuild of the playing staff last summer and we changed virtually nothing. I remain unconvinced a season and a half in that were any better than we were under Gormley.

22 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

The main issue I’ve got if we keep Chris Aitken is simply this: what’s he going to do different this coming close season that he couldn’t do last year. We needed a massive rebuild of the playing staff last summer and we changed virtually nothing. I remain unconvinced a season and a half in that were any better than we were under Gormley.

That's my thinking too.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

I wonder who the 6/7 players the manager referred to in his post-match interview as having conversations with are.

He almost seems to be hinting at unrest in the changing room, players not wanting to be there. I'd say that's all in him if that's the case. He just didn't refresh the squad following relegation.

6 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

He almost seems to be hinting at unrest in the changing room, players not wanting to be there. I'd say that's all in him if that's the case. He just didn't refresh the squad following relegation.

I thought so too, mind you it's the stage of the season where players are being approached by other clubs now that certain clubs are confirmed in a certain division.  I thought it was strange that he mentioned 6 or 7, not sure how that's meant to make the rest of them feel with 3 matches left, albeit there's nothing much left to play for.

My first post. I was hoping for Kilwinning to get back in the Premiership good club good facilities good fanbase.

The First Division is cut throat, at the moment nobody is looking to win it top 3 teams dropping points nearly every week. Teams in 9th/10th place potential can reach 3rd or 4th if they win their remaining games.

I've watched Kilwinning a few times this season don't think your manager has improved the squad much since he took over. 

Hopefully Kilwinning will be back up soon. 

18 minutes ago, TwoFooted said:

My first post. I was hoping for Kilwinning to get back in the Premiership good club good facilities good fanbase.

The First Division is cut throat, at the moment nobody is looking to win it top 3 teams dropping points nearly every week. Teams in 9th/10th place potential can reach 3rd or 4th if they win their remaining games.

I've watched Kilwinning a few times this season don't think your manager has improved the squad much since he took over. 

Hopefully Kilwinning will be back up soon. 

Welcome!

Aye, it definitely is a cut throat league where anyone can beat anyone.

The manager gets some slack because of the injury situation, but even so it is very difficult to see where any improvements have been made on the park.

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Welcome!

Aye, it definitely is a cut throat league where anyone can beat anyone.

The manager gets some slack because of the injury situation, but even so it is very difficult to see where any improvements have been made on the park.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Another pathetic defeat.

Make a change now!

Jamie McKim sitting around twiddling his thumbs while we plod on with this imposter!

I wouldn't be averse to a full refresh on and off the park. The management team have done nothing to convince that they are the people to take us forward. Grim times at the Buffs. Now is exactly the right time to initiate change.

horrible venue, poor game, team that were playing for something won comfortably, no big surprise, 80 % of the buffs team would usually be up for the fight, if they were managed, very poor show, hope aitken was enjoying his coffee, disrespectful from the dugout, and times up !

Edited by 99blue baloons
grammar

48 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Chris Aitken has won only 16 League games out of 44 during his time at Buffs - is that good enough to give him a third season?

Absolutely, categorically not!

If he’s given another season the club had better be prepared for a further reduction in numbers through the gate.

3 hours ago, Park the Buffs said:

Chris Aitken has won only 16 League games out of 44 during his time at Buffs - is that good enough to give him a third season?

No, I don't think it is.