Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

2 hours ago, skelpy said:

Think you’ll find that was a previous committee under different stewardship. It’s all different people involved in the committee now & I'm not one for anonymity as I’m one myself. 

The stand has been passed in terms of safety however it’s recognised it’s best days are behind it & will be removed next season. 

We have just passed our yearly SFA Licence Audit which is conducted under scrutiny. The ground has been assessed & passed with flying colours. 

I think people need to understand the level of work & effort required by volunteers. Like most WOSFL (former Junior) teams we aren’t professional in that we have dedicated staff working full time. A lot of the things being done are done by guys & girls taking time off work, forsaking family & friend commitments & working long into the night. 

Could things be done differently? Could things be done better? Of course. What I do know is that the work of the former Chairman & committee to move us to Kilwinning Sports Club should never be forgotten. The work of the current Chairman, in the face of constant pressure & criticism should not be underestimated. Mr Colin Evans should have a statue erected at the club if you know what he’s done, he’s sacrificed & what foundations he’s put in place. 

What is finish up by saying is that we’re the envy of many if not all clubs who visit. Those constantly knocking everything Buffs related should get off their soapboxes, contact a committee member of the chairman & give up your time to help! 

#COYB

Is it really ‘all different committee’? 

Hasnt Colin Evans for one not been there for years? No one can knock the guys commitment, hard work and loyalty and nor should they. The guy has been a stalwart. 

But he has headed up a committee - irrespective of who sits on it - who have got the last two managerial appointments very wrong which have led to relegation and a failed and very poor attempt at getting back up. 

That’s fair game for criticism imo and simply pulling the ‘you volunteer and see if you can do better’ line is a kop out I’m afraid. 

We perhaps used to be the envy of most clubs who visit but I doubt we are now.

As mentioned, a stand that has been allowed to rot combined with a pitch that also seems to be allowed to get worse.

Not adding in the battered and broken advertising boards around the place.

A 3 2 win in Kirkconnel to finish off our pre season.

Some signings to be formalised and announced tomorrow then on to a cracking opener at home to Winton next Saturday.

On 20/07/2024 at 08:49, skelpy said:

Think you’ll find that was a previous committee under different stewardship. It’s all different people involved in the committee now & I'm not one for anonymity as I’m one myself. 

The stand has been passed in terms of safety however it’s recognised it’s best days are behind it & will be removed next season. 

We have just passed our yearly SFA Licence Audit which is conducted under scrutiny. The ground has been assessed & passed with flying colours. 

I think people need to understand the level of work & effort required by volunteers. Like most WOSFL (former Junior) teams we aren’t professional in that we have dedicated staff working full time. A lot of the things being done are done by guys & girls taking time off work, forsaking family & friend commitments & working long into the night. 

Could things be done differently? Could things be done better? Of course. What I do know is that the work of the former Chairman & committee to move us to Kilwinning Sports Club should never be forgotten. The work of the current Chairman, in the face of constant pressure & criticism should not be underestimated. Mr Colin Evans should have a statue erected at the club if you know what he’s done, he’s sacrificed & what foundations he’s put in place. 

What is finish up by saying is that we’re the envy of many if not all clubs who visit. Those constantly knocking everything Buffs related should get off their soapboxes, contact a committee member of the chairman & give up your time to help! 

#COYB

Very few clubs will have paid employees outwith playing staff.  So I would say nearly all teams are run by volunteers.  

regarding the SFA audit.  The SFA are not structural engineers.  Nor is the requirement at entry to have seating so this is totally out their remit. This is a temporary structure which requires routine inspections.   If someone gets hurt on the stand and an up to date inspection has not been carried out the club is liable. This is a death trap.  An accident waiting to happen.   

The pitch is in terrible condition.  Looks untouched over the summer.   

The club defiantly isn’t the envy of most.  Teams have simply over took the sports centre while the centre itself has fell back quite considerably.  

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Very few clubs will have paid employees outwith playing staff.  So I would say nearly all teams are run by volunteers.  

regarding the SFA audit.  The SFA are not structural engineers.  Nor is the requirement at entry to have seating so this is totally out their remit. This is a temporary structure which requires routine inspections.   If someone gets hurt on the stand and an up to date inspection has not been carried out the club is liable. This is a death trap.  An accident waiting to happen.   

The pitch is in terrible condition.  Looks untouched over the summer.   

The club defiantly isn’t the envy of most.  Teams have simply over took the sports centre while the centre itself has fell back quite considerably.  

Are you saying Buffs never needed seats in the new ground ? 

On 20/07/2024 at 11:29, coistysgoldenboots said:

Is it really ‘all different committee’? 

Hasnt Colin Evans for one not been there for years? No one can knock the guys commitment, hard work and loyalty and nor should they. The guy has been a stalwart. 

But he has headed up a committee - irrespective of who sits on it - who have got the last two managerial appointments very wrong which have led to relegation and a failed and very poor attempt at getting back up. 

That’s fair game for criticism imo and simply pulling the ‘you volunteer and see if you can do better’ line is a kop out I’m afraid. 

Not a Kop out at all. The point about volunteers is that we’re all dealing with competing demands with our personal lives. 

There’s always room for new blood to come on board & join the committee or volunteer to help. 

My posts were to try & put a bit of transparency out there on this forum. I commented that yes, things could have been done differently & better but there’s not an unlimited pot of money we can tap into. Give the new gaffer a chance, give the club a chance to get things sorted. I regularly read this thread & get everyone’s frustrations but I know first hand the work ongoing behind the scenes. 

I totally accept criticism comes with putting yourself up there, I accept that & don’t take any offence. 

Edited by skelpy

33 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Second signing of the day. An experienced striker who offers us something a wee bit different up front.

Welcome to the Buffs.

FB_IMG_1721560410977.jpg

Surely a 35-year-old journeyman is not of the type of pool we’re looking at?

He’s not looked great in the matches I’ve seen if I’m honest and has to be reminded of what to do by his teammates more than an experienced player really should.

Hoping he proves me wrong but I can’t see this one working.

On 20/07/2024 at 11:55, funky monkey said:

A further thought on the above. Are we really the envy of clubs that visit? Maybe we were for a while? Not so much at the moment.

I've been taken aback at how poor the playing surface is looking. There doesn't appear to have been much work done on it over the close season. It's got holes all over it and clear signs that the drainage isn't working. It's the poorest that I've seen it. Abbey Park was an undulating surface, but it was always perfect at the start of a new season.

"Clear signs drainage isn't working"🤔

We were miles in front of our rivals in terms of matches played last season, partly due to the floodlit midweek games, but also, and more importantly due to the fact our park was always playable, aye there were a few close shaves with frost and a few occassions with water logging at one goal mouth, but on those occassions go back and check the fixtures for those weekends, count the postponements at every level, we were never one of them.

Park is dry and a bit lumpy in areas but goalmouths have been relaid and there is a new water butt in place for watering the pitch.

As for the stand, it is temporary structure and was built for the common wealth games.

It is ropey looking but is structurally sound......a bit like myself these days.

As for the digs at committees past and present and the volunteer comments, clubs like ours survive on the efforts of those willing to step up to the mark and be counted, they don't alway get it right and in that case, constructive criticism is just and acceptable. What isn't is the barrage of abuse from folk hiding behind anonymity and who would try and damage their own club for some petty reason or other.

It's your club, if you don't like what you are seeing, suggest ways to Improve it or better still, put the phone down and help out, a lot of people doing very little is a better model than a few doing everything and getting  slaughtered for it.

@funky monkey this is not a dig at you personally other than correcting you on the drainage comments, its a generalisation on a rake oft recent post from multiple sources on here.

Our rivals must be laughing up their sleeves at the lack of unity at our club at the moment.

Edited by Leeco10

The quality of recent signings would worry me if i was a Buffs fan. 

Yes, they should be given a  fair chance to prove themselves but the First Division is extremely unforgiving. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure Bembo has spent most of his career at a lower level than Division One. I’m sure not so long ago he was at Ardeer and Saltcoats? 

On 17/07/2024 at 13:36, leaguereformer said:

Away from the team, the pitch is looking rough, unsure if any works have taken place over the close season. There are numerous tasks around the pitch that have not been completed. The stand is looking like it hasn't been inspected in some time and would not pass an independent inspection. 

For a club that were at the front of the WoS happening, it seems since the change KR have only went backwards and at the moment well off top flight status. 

It is a shame how far behind KR have become compared other teams that were at similar level. 

The man who paid the up keep of the pitch is watching his lad at beith now unfortunatly having to now trim a playing budget and paying off other bills the park is going to suffer its only natural the facilities are goin to suffer as well as the team kello results paper over the cracks had to get a team to beat pre season and scraped it hopefully we stay up 

Third signing announcement today. A centre back. Welcome to Kilwinning Rangers.

Acknowledgement to the Buffs media team for reproducing their excellent graphics on here. Also, credit to the excellent player write ups on the Buffs website.

FB_IMG_1721569015079.jpg

56 minutes ago, Leeco10 said:

We were miles in front of our rivals in terms of matches played last season, partly due to the floodlit midweek games, but also, and more importantly due to the fact our park was always playable, aye there were a few close shaves with frost and a few occassions with water logging at one goal mouth, but on those occassions go back and check the fixtures for those weekends, count the postponements at every level, we were never one of them.

Park is dry and a bit lumpy in areas but goalmouths have been relaid and there is a new water butt in place for watering the pitch.

As for the stand, it is temporary structure and was built for the common wealth games.

It is ropey looking but is structurally sound......a bit like myself these days.

As for the digs at committees past and present and the volunteer comments, clubs like ours survive on the efforts of those willing to step up to the mark and be counted, they don't alway get it right and in that case, constructive criticism is just and acceptable. What isn't is the barrage of abuse from folk hiding behind anonymity and who would try and damage their own club for some petty reason or other.

It's your club, if you don't like what you are seeing, suggest ways to Improve it or better still, put the phone down and help out, a lot of people doing very little is a better model than a few doing everything and getting  slaughtered for it.

@funky monkey this is not a dig at you personally other than correcting you on the drainage comments, its a generalisation on a rake oft recent post from multiple sources on here.

Our rivals must be laughing up their sleeves at the lack of unity at our club at the moment.

Fair enough @Leeco10. The right to reply and set the record straight is what's good about P&B.

2 hours ago, Leeco10 said:

Sent you pm.  You no nothing of drainage my friend. ☺️

Just to add, when the tennis courts were dug out, they were done to a fair depth and filled with rocks. This helped immens,y  with the natural drainage of Buffs Park. It very rarely floods now since the tennis courts were completed.