Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

2 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

I know on a previous post you said you didn’t know about budgets.

I do know that when a budget is set for the season it is divided by roughly 40 weeks at x amount per week which determines players weekly pay budgets are not blown in a oner at the start of the season.

if your weekly wage bill is maxed out to bring another player in you need to get one out the door if your budget is cut then you need to get players out and can’t get anyone else in.

The new boss could have got players out and brought players in unless…….

Hope that helps clear that up.

That's only wages though. There's more to budgeting than wages alone.

You are being very selective here. 

It's one thing forecasting and another thing income. There's no doubt that gate numbers have decreased during the season as a result of performance on the pitch and other factors. It'd be no surprise to find that income hasn't met with budgeted forecast, that'll be same with any club whose team isn't performing as well as predicted. Again, even given the upheaval, nobody would have put money upon the Buffs being involved in a relegation battle.

8 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

From the outside looking in david gormley pretty much ended up as a disaster for the buffs and he's one that they're currently struggling to recover from .

A pretty logical conclusion taking all factors into account 👍.

6 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Again from an outside view, it appears that the sacking of Chris Strain was a massive error.

There's a lot of credibility in that point of view. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

4 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Up next ...

Let's hope the referee doesn't miss any last minute penalties in this one 😉

FB_IMG_1681243594283.jpg

Cautiously more confident than I was after Petershill 🤞

Hurlford are a team we always seem to get player(s) sent off against though

3 hours ago, ADR said:

Cautiously more confident than I was after Petershill 🤞

Hurlford are a team we always seem to get player(s) sent off against though

Usually involving the same Hurlford player who has a whole career of deceiving referees despite being a very good player.

Can we go there and win? Yes we certainly can. Are injuries hampering our survival effort. Yes they are.

Onwards and upwards. COYB.

We didn't deserve to lose that at all. A few defensive errors and playing against one of the best strikers on the league (who should have been playing for us) cost us tonight.  If we apply the same effort to our remaining games then we still have a chance.

Great entertainment but a really sore one given our predicament.

2 minutes ago, energyzone said:

We didn't deserve to lose that at all. A few defensive errors and playing against one of the best strikers on the league (who should have been playing for us) cost us tonight.  If we apply the same effort to our remaining games then we still have a chance.

Great entertainment but a really sore one given our predicament.

We lost it because we can't defend. It's been an issue since the Clydebank game and we just haven't addressed it. Bringing back defenders deemed not good enough and loaned out to other clubs. Whatever way you cut it, wherever we end up, we are the masters of our own downfall. 

Agree about Lewis Morrison too. Cracking player and a Kilwinning boy.

Just watched the highlights from last night to confirm my opinion, how many goals come from players unwilling to put their head on the ball, it's embarrassing, especially the first goal, 3 of them back away from making a header or even an attempt.  

Some players are running on empty & some are just empty jersey's

1 hour ago, ADR said:

Just watched the highlights from last night to confirm my opinion, how many goals come from players unwilling to put their head on the ball, it's embarrassing, especially the first goal, 3 of them back away from making a header or even an attempt.  

Some players are running on empty & some are just empty jersey's

I couldn't watch the highlights, far too frustrating.

There's no question that there are players who are not pulling their weight, players that aren't putting their bodies on the line for their team mates.

Yet, there's guys like Lewis who is producing consistently high performances, showing the kind of leadership you'd expect from a long servant and Kilwinning man.

Arthurlie on Saturday and Cambuslang next midweek are now absolutely crucial, nothing less than 6 points required to try and salvage a disastrous season.

26 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Checking the league table we are in a mini league now with Cambuslang, Arthurlie and Petershill.

Looks increasingly likely that KRR will have enough, so any 3 from 4 for the drop.

Have to admit, my confidence is waning for you guys. Chris Strain must be a buddhist the amount of karma that's flying around him.

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Have to admit, my confidence is waning for you guys. Chris Strain must be a buddhist the amount of karma that's flying around him.

Yup, would imagine so. Having said that, in as much as he'll enjoy what will be a quite incredible league win, I'm sure he'll be disappointed at the season Kilwinning are having as he had such a strong attachment to the club.

First the positives. Ben Lewis was immense again last night. Also Mark Lamont finally looks like a top midfielder after a slow start at the Buffs. McComb up front is a god send - if he’d gone to Beith we were down.

Now the hard bit - how to stop shipping 5 goals every game. I’d play Ben just in front of the back four as a holding midfield player and get him to ensure that the defence doesn’t empty every time we go up the park. Back four for me is Loudon, Woods, Mark Miller, and Boland.

44 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

First the positives. Ben Lewis was immense again last night. Also Mark Lamont finally looks like a top midfielder after a slow start at the Buffs. McComb up front is a god send - if he’d gone to Beith we were down.

Now the hard bit - how to stop shipping 5 goals every game. I’d play Ben just in front of the back four as a holding midfield player and get him to ensure that the defence doesn’t empty every time we go up the park. Back four for me is Loudon, Woods, Mark Miller, and Boland.

I didn’t make the match yesterday but watching the highlights it’s the same old story.

Absolutely criminal defending that you think can’t get worse and inevitably does in the next match.

I agree with 99% of your post and Loudon and Woods start in the back four for me.

The other youngster that featured against Beith (O’Brien) didn’t look out of place but is it asking too much of inexperienced young players to save the season?

Boland is liable to take a flaky at any given moment and Mark Miller isn’t the answer in defence BUT is a better bet than Aldin who we are stuck with for another year at £250 per week, apparently.