Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

16 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Why can Talbot sustain their success for so long from mid to late 80s right through to today? Never seem to ever be the big spenders and always find gem of players from divisions below. 

Having the best manager at our level in Tucker, stability at the club & big support base due to trophies won and village loyalty that our town teams don't have. Also sticking by your best managers in years (Strain for Buffs & McGinty for Meadow example where our clubs didnt and why find ourselves in the First Division).

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

Having the best manager at our level in Tucker, stability at the club & big support base due to trophies won and village loyalty that our town teams don't have. Also sticking by your best managers in years (Strain for Buffs & McGinty for Meadow example where our clubs didnt and why find ourselves in the First Division).

That’s an excellent point re McGinty. Did a great job at Meadow and while his style of football wasn’t exactly the easiest on the eye he made sure he built a team of boys who would give absolutely everything for him, each other and the cause. 

Not sure if McGinty has stepped away from the game or not but he would’ve been a perfect fit for Buffs in this time of transition. 

3 hours ago, Shannon said:

Talbot went 14 years between 92 and 06 without winning the junior cup and had a few seasons in the bottom half the table in the early 2000’s. Our committee are unbelievably loyal to their managers and to be honest that loyalty works both ways, our players quickly feel that sense of belonging, passion and loyalty from fans and all find that extra 10%.  Yes we don’t win every game but I would say every team that plays Talbot know they have been in a match!!

Edited by southerner

12 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Buffs seem in a sorry state on and off pitch, pitch looking terrible and untouched during season. Experienced players all leaving. 

Seems a lack of structure to the club. Worryingly for the Buff Colin Boyd seems to be floating around the idea of a return. 

As one of the teams leading the change for the WoS league I can't help but think they are the biggest losers of the new set up. 

Unfortunately for Buff fans I think it may take a few years for the team to return to the top flight. 

What’s so bad off the pack? 

how is their a lack of structure

first I’ve heard of @parkcircusreturning

The Buffs have at least invested in their ground and got their SFA License and not over spending on player wages instead of sorting out the ground like some teams that are popular on these forums!

15 hours ago, ibenji said:

What’s so bad off the pack? 

how is their a lack of structure

first I’ve heard of @parkcircusreturning

The Buffs have at least invested in their ground and got their SFA License and not over spending on player wages instead of sorting out the ground like some teams that are popular on these forums!

Me too

59 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

A little better this evening.

Looked a bit more of a unit but still a lot of work to be done.

The pitch certainly didn’t help a passing game.

How has it gotten into such a mess?

Definitely better tonight against a good side.

The pitch looks as poor as I've seen it. I take it the usual close season work hasn't happened?

Away from the team, the pitch is looking rough, unsure if any works have taken place over the close season. There are numerous tasks around the pitch that have not been completed. The stand is looking like it hasn't been inspected in some time and would not pass an independent inspection. 

For a club that were at the front of the WoS happening, it seems since the change KR have only went backwards and at the moment well off top flight status. 

It is a shame how far behind KR have become compared other teams that were at similar level. 

5 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Away from the team, the pitch is looking rough, unsure if any works have taken place over the close season. There are numerous tasks around the pitch that have not been completed. The stand is looking like it hasn't been inspected in some time and would not pass an independent inspection. 

For a club that were at the front of the WoS happening, it seems since the change KR have only went backwards and at the moment well off top flight status. 

It is a shame how far behind KR have become compared other teams that were at similar level. 

I'm a bit lost, I've been a few times over past few years and think they have great facilities, a few parks for training and a good sized academy and they are also licensed, meaning they will always make money entering the Scottish cup, even if they get put out at the preliminary round. Haven't seen the park recently but sure they will sort it.  Call me old fashioned but think there's a lot of clubs would like to be in their position right now.

I don't expect clubs to have a fantastic season every year, they will have a few bum ones now and then.  I'm sure the committee will learn from that and progress.
Clubs in the WOSFL are in the pyramid system and it wont always be up for everyone, some will fail and drop down, some will win and move up, then again, the following seasons they could go the opposite way.  As long as each club is prepared for a bad few season and deal with it then don't see a problem. real fans will keep watching the clubs in the ups and downs, its just normal

14 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm a bit lost, I've been a few times over past few years and think they have great facilities, a few parks for training and a good sized academy and they are also licensed, meaning they will always make money entering the Scottish cup, even if they get put out at the preliminary round. Haven't seen the park recently but sure they will sort it.  Call me old fashioned but think there's a lot of clubs would like to be in their position right now.

I don't expect clubs to have a fantastic season every year, they will have a few bum ones now and then.  I'm sure the committee will learn from that and progress.
Clubs in the WOSFL are in the pyramid system and it wont always be up for everyone, some will fail and drop down, some will win and move up, then again, the following seasons they could go the opposite way.  As long as each club is prepared for a bad few season and deal with it then don't see a problem. real fans will keep watching the clubs in the ups and downs, its just normal

There pitch is in poor condition. The sports center and other pitches are nothing to do with KR. The stand is an accident waiting to happen. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

There pitch is in poor condition. The sports center and other pitches are nothing to do with KR. The stand is an accident waiting to happen. 

What stand is it you are referring to? Last time I was there, one behind the goals at the “away end” didn’t appear to be fully finished (and had been like that for a long time). 

The seated stand is, ironically, probably the worst part of the ground though  for various reasons. 

it’s a shame the pitch sounds like it has been left to fall into a state of disrepair. Money can only be the reason for that I guess. 

38 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

What stand is it you are referring to? Last time I was there, one behind the goals at the “away end” didn’t appear to be fully finished (and had been like that for a long time). 

The seated stand is, ironically, probably the worst part of the ground though  for various reasons. 

it’s a shame the pitch sounds like it has been left to fall into a state of disrepair. Money can only be the reason for that I guess. 

Pitch not in a state of disrepair however considerable money needed spent. 

I was talking about the seated stand, better getting rid of it. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Pitch not in a state of disrepair however considerable money needed spent. 

I was talking about the seated stand, better getting rid of it. 

Interesting given as SFA Licensed club The Buffs would fall into a lot more scrutiny around health and safety and have had these things signed off by a suitably qualified person. 

1 minute ago, ibenji said:

Interesting given as SFA Licensed club The Buffs would fall into a lot more scrutiny around health and safety and have had these things signed off by a suitably qualified person. 

They are signed off at the time by SFA, it is ultimately KR responsibility to ensure safety checks are carried out. Also for entry no seating is required. 

I would be surprised if a structural engineer puts their PI on the line against the integrity of the seating. 

I’ve no idea if the seating is safe or not but for me it dampens any atmosphere. 

Doesn’t sell the club particularly well  either when you watch the highlights as the camera directly faces it.  Always looks predominantly empty and lifeless. Throw in that the only roar you hear seems to  come from those in the filming gantry and it’s not a great look but that’s a bit by the by. 

As much as the ground is neat and tidy looking it does sorely lack that one particular area  where a sizeable home contingent would congregate and generate a bit of atmosphere: in that respect It badly fails to live up to Abbey Park. 

56 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

They are signed off at the time by SFA, it is ultimately KR responsibility to ensure safety checks are carried out. Also for entry no seating is required. 

I would be surprised if a structural engineer puts their PI on the line against the integrity of the seating. 

The stand IS NOT SAFE.