Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

2 hours ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

It’s a good start in terms of getting off the mark (and not losing). Worth remembering however that Winton are league newcomers. 

Hopefully it gives the players a wee confidence boost. 

That same Winton team pretty much pumped  Buffs 4-1 last season. And a Buffs Team on paper a much stronger squad. 

Many will have Winton ranked in and around the promotion places so given where The Buffs are at it’s a good result

1 minute ago, ibenji said:

That same Winton team pretty much pumped  Buffs 4-1 last season. And a Buffs Team on paper a much stronger squad. 

Many will have Winton ranked in and around the promotion places so given where The Buffs are at it’s a good result

Time will tell where Winton finish. Last season was last season. They were in the habit of winning as they dominated their division. 

And that Buffs team last season wasn’t worth the paper it was written on. They were there for the taking.

Today a new Buffs team played a newly promoted team. A home draw isn’t something I’d get too carried away with. 

it’s a decent result and hopefully the players can kick on from it. 

A brand new Buffs team up against a double championship winning team. 

First half we should have been at least two up, playing some nice stuff and creating chances.

Second half Winton upped the physicality, but Buffs stuck to the task.

Much to be pleased about given where we were a month ago.

Every player in blue and white gave everything and that's all any fan can reasonably ask for.

I'm already more impressed with Kelly than I was with Gormley and Aitken. Might take a bit of time, but I think he's the right man to take us forward. Understands the level and seems to have good contacts pulling this squad together in such a short space of time.

As always COYB, onwards and upwards.

9 hours ago, funky monkey said:

First half we should have been at least two up, playing some nice stuff and creating chances.

Every player in blue and white gave everything and that's all any fan can reasonably ask for.

I'm already more impressed with Kelly than I was with Gormley and Aitken. Might take a bit of time, but I think he's the right man to take us forward. Understands the level and seems to have good contacts pulling this squad together in such a short space of time.

Imho, fantastic result.  I honestly felt we hadn’t enough time to prepare and expected a defeat.  Stability in our 125th year will do me. Anything better? …well, would be icing on the cake, really. COYB.

2 hours ago, History Buff said:

Imho, fantastic result.  I honestly felt we hadn’t enough time to prepare and expected a defeat.  Stability in our 125th year will do me. Anything better? …well, would be icing on the cake, really. COYB.

Stability would be great, on and off the park. Build a platform towards future success.

52 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

What would stability look like?

That's a good question.

Mid table obscurity on the park and a more secure financial footing off it.

No change of manager and a core of signed players.

A committee that settles down a bit and becomes almost anonymous.

Recognition and celebration of our 125th anniversary.

Incremental improvements around the ground, good to see the Buffs badge centre and prominent on the media tower yesterday.

16 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Ardrossan won their division last season, Vale of Clyde beat them to the title the previous season. 

First half we were solid without creating too much. Two new boys in central defence are decent and the new left back had a fine game. Goalkeeper also looks the part. Connor McLaughlin in midfield is a class act - reminds me of Liam McGuiness.

Second half we were more aggressive and Mark Lamont began to really influence the game - scored a great goal and created a brilliant chance for Bembo. Other positive - all the subs who came on second half added to the team performance with real energy and commitment. Scored a well deserved second late on to seal the win. 

Very encouraging performance from a team put together so quickly. Not going to get carried away but plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

1 hour ago, Park the Buffs said:

First half we were solid without creating too much. Two new boys in central defence are decent and the new left back had a fine game. Goalkeeper also looks the part. Connor McLaughlin in midfield is a class act - reminds me of Liam McGuiness.

Second half we were more aggressive and Mark Lamont began to really influence the game - scored a great goal and created a brilliant chance for Bembo. Other positive - all the subs who came on second half added to the team performance with real energy and commitment. Scored a well deserved second late on to seal the win. 

Very encouraging performance from a team put together so quickly. Not going to get carried away but plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

The one player we will really miss at the Loco's is Conor, like you say he is a class act. The amount of goals he created and was involved in last season was unbelievable. He can easily dictate a game and not shy to put a tackle in, a gentleman off the park as well. A couple of senior teams were interested last season and he also knocked back a top prem team to sign with Kilwinning due to his friendship with the manager.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Are KR fans writing off the possibility of promotion this early on? 

Something seems fundamentally wrong with how the club is being run. A big club at this level just seems to be too many poor decisions on and off the park. 

It's too early to tell. I'm not sure there's any great expectations that we can be promotion competitive this season. What's more important is stability and to be seen to be building something going forward. In that respect the management team have done well to pull in so many players in such a short space of time, it's almost a completely new squad with only 4 or 5 remaining from last season.

5 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Are KR fans writing off the possibility of promotion this early on? 

Something seems fundamentally wrong with how the club is being run. A big club at this level just seems to be too many poor decisions on and off the park. 

A thread that hadn’t been replied too for 12 days and then you pop up to stir the pot!

No idea why you have such a bitterness for The Buffs!

6 minutes ago, ibenji said:

A thread that hadn’t been replied too for 12 days and then you pop up to stir the pot!

He has been trolling East Kilbride, Clydebank, Darvel and probably off to have a pop at Meadow in 2 minutes. Dont worry its not just the Buffs 

11 minutes ago, ibenji said:

No bitterness just asked a question...

Do fans think the club is being well run? 

Are fans happy with the position the club finds itself in etc...? 

Is promotion off the cards this season? 

Hardly trolling?

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:

He has been trolling East Kilbride, Clydebank, Darvel and probably off to have a pop at Meadow in 2 minutes. Dont worry its not just the Buffs 

Think you will find I have said previously I would rather IM back in the Prem, I like their ground, social club etc...

32 minutes ago, ibenji said:

😀 You all play into his barra! At least he provokes discussion, even though he plays the "warmer" card to do so.

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Think you will find I have said previously I would rather IM back in the Prem, I like their ground, social club etc...

Good to hear, hopefully we will be in the future!