Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

No bitterness just asked a question...

Do fans think the club is being well run? 

Are fans happy with the position the club finds itself in etc...? 

Is promotion off the cards this season? 

Hardly trolling?

Probably blames The Buffs for ending the west region that’ll be it!

4 minutes ago, ibenji said:

Probably blames The Buffs for ending the west region that’ll be it!

To be fair the Buffs were desperate for the pyramid. 

Worked out well eh 🤔

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

To be fair the Buffs were desperate for the pyramid. 

Worked out well eh 🤔

Kinda yeah. As there's absolutely nothing to say they wouldn't be sitting in the West Region Championship.

This way they've had Scottish Cup runs to the 2nd Round with exit fees of £6,500. The SFA membership meant to have the extra bump in payment this year due to the Euros. As as a Development League team.

22 minutes ago, energyzone said:

It's season 3...

Don't think its a big deal.  Some people are a bit shallow or not intelligent enough to realize the pyramid is not just for the here and now but also for the future.
Kilwinning have been going since 1899 and there's no team in the WOSFL have gone higher than them, i.e. they won the Western Super premier league and the Scottish junior cup apart from only Darvel and Beith who have both won the new WSOFL so thats all Kilwinning have to do to reach the same level as no other team in the WOSFL have done any different.   We haven't even had anyone reach the playoffs yet, it will happen at sometime with a licensed team winning the league and the first time.   Will Kilwinning ever do it, yeah could and can happen, they are eager enough but it will be in the future.

Kilwinning are licensed, entry each year to the money spinning Scottish cup, have their own academy and, do they own their own ground? so personally they are in an envious position that many WOSFL teams would loved to be.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Don't think its a big deal.  Some people are a bit shallow or not intelligent enough to realize the pyramid is not just for the here and now but also for the future.
Kilwinning have been going since 1899 and there's no team in the WOSFL have gone higher than them, i.e. they won the Western Super premier league and the Scottish junior cup apart from only Darvel and Beith who have both won the new WSOFL so thats all Kilwinning have to do to reach the same level as no other team in the WOSFL have done any different.   We haven't even had anyone reach the playoffs yet, it will happen at sometime with a licensed team winning the league and the first time.   Will Kilwinning ever do it, yeah could and can happen, they are eager enough but it will be in the future.

Kilwinning are licensed, entry each year to the money spinning Scottish cup, have their own academy and, do they own their own ground? so personally they are in an envious position that many WOSFL teams would loved to be.

Darvel reached the play offs....

15 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Darvel reached the play offs....

Ok SO Darvel have went further than your team ever have or Kilwinning, or any WOSFL team so its there to be beaten.  The fact is, no team in the WOSFL have progressed further, only time will tell and most of Kilwinning look as if they want to just been put back cpl of years as not the right time for them.

Oh and I was at Darvel for the playoff and Tranent were a superb team outfit on the day and fully deserved win.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Think it’s more the severe and speedy nature of the club’s fall on the pitch more than anything. 

They joined the pyramid in strong shape, shot themselves in the foot with the sacking of Strain and a string of poor managerial appointments thereafter.

Bad decisions have got them where they are and they now find themselves at serious risk of being  also-rans in a very competitive first division.  Getting back up to the Premier (where I personally think they belong) any time soon will not be easy. 

As for owning their own ground, aren’t  the Buffs tenants of Kilwinning Sports Club? I could be wrong there but that was my impression. Will hold my hands up if that’s not the case. 

I would be accepting of mid-table obscurity this season so long as there are evident signs of progress.

I am giving the Manager time to implement his own vision as he has been playing catch-up from his first day in terms of recruitment, player fitness and style of play.

One major issue already for me is the way our Captain acts on the pitch.

Absolutely no need for the way he reacts and screams at his teammates. No encouragement whatsoever.

Much better candidates for the role, in my opinion.

I took a wee cycle down to the buffs game tonight and delighted to see them come away with a 1-0 against 10 man Rob Roy. Most pleasing was seeing young Campbell McLean get the goal and his reaction and celebration should how much it meant to him !  Have to comment Mark Lamont for a sublime bit of  play down the wing to get to bye line and cut the ball back for McLean. 
In fairness to Rob Roy they played well with 10 men in the 2nd half and the result could have went either way before the goal but it's another 3 points in the bag for the new management and squad and they must be happy with the points gained so far after such a massive turnover of players.

Campbell McLean was excellent tonight, played his heart out, deserved his goal and celebration.

A welcome 3 points against a good KRR side that didn't slack even down to 10.

Something for the team and manager to work with. Cumbernauld up next.

Onwards and upwards COYB 🔵 ⚪ 🔵 ⚪ 

On 12/08/2024 at 17:49, leaguereformer said:

The change went well for your side….a once proud team languishing at bottom of tier 7 now.   

Plenty of pride on show tonight, sir.  Campbell McLean, scorer, kissing the badge in front of the ecstatic fans in the “Toadhill End” ⚽✊💙

Buffs, 125 years old - and still very much alive and kicking.  

1 hour ago, History Buff said:

Plenty of pride on show tonight, sir.  Campbell McLean, scorer, kissing the badge in front of the ecstatic fans in the “Toadhill End” ⚽✊💙

Buffs, 125 years old - and still very much alive and kicking.  

And yet...the History Buff doesn't seem to know that it is actually "Todhill"...that is to say, where the foxes live. Feck all tae dae wae toads. Or badgers.

That's all you need to know about the ancient history of the famous Pennyburn Rangers.