Raith v Aberdeen

RRFC2711

With £20 still sitting in my pocket there's no complaints at my end. Everyone is a winner apparently. Except Aberdeen Soccer Team, that is. 

Are you a supporter or just a troll….seriously never heard so much pish in my life……soccer…really !

Aberdeen were well on top for the first half hour and took the goal well, u feared we'd take a doing in all honesty but there were glimmers in the remaining 15 that we were still in it. 

Second half and rovers flew out the traps absolute transformation and real belief in the team.

Riley-snow started to play a bit, the defence were solid and tumilty started driving forward, connoly put in a real shift, tait committed a proper shit house foul to stop Aberdeen breaking. However Dario was the main event he really put a shift in and played mostly the right ball.

Scenes as the winner went in. 

My first game at starks in 4 years and it was fucking brilliant.

16 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With £20 still sitting in my pocket there's no complaints at my end. Everyone is a winner apparently. Except Aberdeen Soccer Team, that is. 

You’re a fanny.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Whoosh whoosh. 2 goals.

I'll let you into something that anyone with half a brain would have realised, that I  was being sarcastically making a point to RSB about (as he sees it) our collection of shite signings.

You really are thick.

2 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

One of only two competitions we can win in a season and Glass treats it like a training game? 
Resting Brown and Considine (a couple of older players) I can get, especially for guys like Gallagher where the drop off isn’t massive. But why can’t Ramsay or Ferguson play more than once a week at their age. 
Very frustrating stuff 

Yip, yet more rank stupidity from a manager trying to be clever.

A symptom of us all getting told how important these European competitions are all the time.  People keep telling us about how much money can be made, while overlooking the fact that improved income is only desirable, precisely in order to enhance chances of success in tournaments like the one exited today.

He deserves this outcome.

47 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

@Raith_Raverwas having a wee dig at @Ro Sham Bo's negativity. 

On the whole, I’m tempted to suggest that @Ro Sham Bo is Raith’s version of Douglas Adam’s Marvin the Paranoid Android, but Marvin is highly intelligent, perhaps Eeyore is a better comparison?

image.jpeg.1fbd5303323488c28047a6ff7c2c2f1f.jpeg

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

We should have had the tie wrapped up in the first half, but couldn’t get any killer passes into the box. Rovers took heart from this and took advantage of two awful pieces of play by Jack Gurr. They were really comfortable after the second goal went in and were worthy of the win. St Mirren last season, Raith Rovers this season. Disappointing.

Very diplomatic.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Plenty of the fringe players gave Glass good reason not to trust them in that second half. Although I'm not sure the squad is as deep or strong as Glass thinks anyway. 

Unfortunately, with Gurr, I think some people have been guilty of deluding themselves a bit. It should have been fairly clear from his CV that he was unlikely to be up to playing for us, even as a rotation option. I'm not saying he was the worst player on the park in the second half, but he was in the top one.

Of course, if it's a choice between qualifying against Qarabag and beating Raith in this game then I'd take the former, but both would have been ideal. 

I would suggest that we should have had more chance of beating Raith than we have of qualifying against Qarabag.

End of the month we'll be out of Europe, halfway down the league and the only thing to look forward to is the Scottish Cup next year.

I think this idea that we should never rest Ramsay is silly. 

The guy has never had a consistent run of first team football in his career so it’s absolutely right to manage him through weeks of Thursday/Sunday fixtures including travel. 

Even if he is physically able it will all be mentally draining for an 18 year old. 

The problem is his deputy is absolute shite.