Lowland league Attendances

The Faceman

9 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

An average over 500, Imagine if we were playing well..!!!

Surely it's about supporting your team even if not playing well.

I suppose as a rangers fan you'd struggle with that.

21 hours ago, The Faceman said:

An update was sent to the Lowland League on the 14th February 2024

I am not sure if they published it.

Still confident of getting the target number of games in the league 

VjgphKSB.jpg_small.jpg

Great job you do.  Well done.

22 hours ago, The Faceman said:

An update was sent to the Lowland League on the 14th February 2024

I am not sure if they published it.

Still confident of getting the target number of games in the league 

VjgphKSB.jpg_small.jpg

Is it correct that the Bo'ness v Linlithgow attendance was 906 instead of the 605 originally stated?

12 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Has Bo’ness crowds been affected by Bo’ness athletic joining the leagues at all? 

I think most people realise Athletic play some high scoring high tempo direct football so it’s a good watch. They absolutely destroyed us (twice in the first half) but it’s comes because they are playing way below their level.

Winning comfortably every week with every player fresh means they have it in them to take down a higher league team with that one game each month being their cup final. 

With around 100 fans it’ll be interesting to see where they settle. I’d suggest it’ll be bottom half of the East Premier or top of First Division. It’ll get a lot harder playing a higher level week in week out.

Fair play they’ve freshened things but surely only a matter of time until they need to have a conversation with BU and merge. Bo’ness as a town could have a league 2 side/ league 1 yo-yo, so any division can’t be a good thing.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

5 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I think most people realise Athletic play some high scoring high tempo direct football so it’s a good watch. They absolutely destroyed us (twice in the first half) but it’s comes because they are playing way below their level.

Winning comfortably every week with every player fresh means they have it in them to take down a higher league team with that one game each month being their cup final. 

With around 100 fans it’ll be interesting to see where they settle. I’d suggest it’ll be bottom half of the East Premier or top of First Division. It’ll get a lot harder playing a higher level week in week out.

Fair play they’ve freshened things but surely only a matter of time until they need to have a conversation with BU and merge. Bo’ness as a town could have a league 2 side/ league 1 yo-yo, so any division can’t be a good thing.

Did they not used to be called Linlithgow at Ammy level? Bizarre that they changed name when joining EOS. 

They have some good players, signed a player from the Rose during the week. I assume they have some sort of financial backing from somewhere?

9 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Did they not used to be called Linlithgow at Ammy level? Bizarre that they changed name when joining EOS. 

They have some good players, signed a player from the Rose during the week. I assume they have some sort of financial backing from somewhere?

Yeah Linlithgow Thistle if I remember right. Decent team as well.

10 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Linlithgow Thistle in the ams. Moved to the Juniors as Bo'ness United Juniors and started playing at Newtown Park. 

A condition on joining the EoSFL was the name change to differentiate themselves with Bo'ness United. Which led to the Bo'ness Athletic name.

Think there was a bit of a fall out between the clubs around about then too, united initially thought there would be some link up between the clubs and they would work together but it became clear athletic wanted to be there own, I think that will prevent any future merger too.

athletic need to keep a bo’ness identity as that is why they can play at newtown as the land was donated to the people of bo’ness

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Think there was a bit of a fall out between the clubs around about then too, united initially thought there would be some link up between the clubs and they would work together but it became clear athletic wanted to be there own, I think that will prevent any future merger too.

athletic need to keep a bo’ness identity as that is why they can play at newtown as the land was donated to the people of bo’ness

Newtown is owned by Falkirk Council. Both clubs rent it.

Most members of the BU committee refer to them as “the parasites”.

Something will give eventually though, not a big enough place for 2 sides when Athletic reach their potential.

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Something will give eventually though, not a big enough place for 2 sides when Athletic reach their potential.

It's not owned by council, it's owned by an independent association I believe.  Falkirk council got rid of it.

Plenty of other towns the size of Bo'ness have two clubs.  

1 minute ago, Marooneye said:

It's not owned by council, it's owned by an independent association I believe.  Falkirk council got rid of it.

Plenty of other towns the size of Bo'ness have two clubs.  

Just read up on this that’s a great idea and interesting. I didn’t know that and it’s been the case for almost a decade 😂 

If Bo’ness want a league team having 2 sides fishing for the same 500 or so supporters it won’t help that all I mean.

2 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Just read up on this that’s a great idea and interesting. I didn’t know that and it’s been the case for almost a decade 😂 

If Bo’ness want a league team having 2 sides fishing for the same 500 or so supporters it won’t help that all I mean.

Long may they squabble and divide their resources.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

They claimed they never had ambitions to become a senior club and that they would act as a bridge between the community club and the BUs, this was a lie. They then tried to register themselves as Bo'ness United Juniors when going senior and went to the press crying foul when Bo'ness rightly said they weren't allowed to do that. THey're a vanity project for a couple folk with money and the lack of uptake clearly shows as much. Theyre pretty much the exact same story as what Broomhill did with BSC Glasgow, the sooner they dissapear back into the ammys and over to Linlithgow again the better

8 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

That descriptor is completely accurate. Their entire existence as a "Bo'ness" team has been parasitical, weaselling their way into Newtown Park, trying to use our name when going senior, keeping an almost identical badge and totally identical kits, theres absolutely nothing genuine about them

13 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Been in the pyramid for a couple of years with access to Newtown. Yet haven't bothered getting their SFA license. Even the Syngenta sideshow were able to tick that box pretty quickly.

A vanity project with mysterious backing lucky to get a 100 through the gate. Enjoying life skooshing the lower divisions and then...

9 hours ago, Marooneye said:

Long may they squabble and divide their resources.

I disagree. We want a full strength Rose and BU fighting for the Lowland League. Well at least that’s want. 1,000 or more on the gate and proper rivalry.

I remember the Rose getting a bit of a bad press basically not backing the Community Club when they tried to splinter and go Junior and I’m glad they did.

Poster above sort of nails it. If you want a separate club why basically completely copy United? Must be very frustrating. It’ll be interesting if they ever do meet.

21 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I disagree. We want a full strength Rose and BU fighting for the Lowland League. Well at least that’s want. 1,000 or more on the gate and proper rivalry.

I remember the Rose getting a bit of a bad press basically not backing the Community Club when they tried to splinter and go Junior and I’m glad they did.

Poster above sort of nails it. If you want a separate club why basically completely copy United? Must be very frustrating. It’ll be interesting if they ever do meet.

Ours crowds hold up irrespective of who we're playing.

They don't even bring that many anymore.  They already of the benefit of not having to maintain a stadium so let them have their two team squabble.

On 24/02/2024 at 14:42, parsforlife said:

Not a case of thought, actually a case of promises broken.  The owner 'promised' that his side had no intentions of challenging United and wanted players to step up from them to ourselves.  Every promise made at a members' meeting was broken.  They don't need a Bo'ness identity, all their owner is interested in is the size of his ego