Lowland league Attendances

The Faceman

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't think there is.

Surely there has to be, even to a lesser extent?

Their crowds are averaging 80, say they are all adults paying £8, so that’s £640 per game.   Not much over £10k on gate money for the whole season.

I think they do a bit of hospitality, no lottery that I am aware of, maybe they are very well sponsored?

On 19/04/2024 at 07:41, MrIrvinePollock said:

Never really paid much attention to the 'B' teams, but the one benefit that I would have expected is an increase in the crowd counts when they visit.  The table doesn't reflect that.  I'm also surprised at how low the crowd counts are for their home games.

It's as if nobody really cares about watching the emerging talent at Celtic and Hearts 🤷‍♂️

To be fair they have boosted crowds for the Rose. 2nd and 3rd highest gate for us behind Bo’ness.

I don’t want them in the league but I know local fans of those clubs came to watch them that day. I think Celtic especially was because the first team weren’t playing that day.

10 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Surely there has to be, even to a lesser extent?

Their crowds are averaging 80, say they are all adults paying £8, so that’s £640 per game.   Not much over £10k on gate money for the whole season.

I think they do a bit of hospitality, no lottery that I am aware of, maybe they are very well sponsored?

Clubs like CCS don't survive on gate money alone. Lottery, raffles, bar takings, sponsors, SFA payments all add to it.  Players may also be paid not much more than expenses.  Either way, Jardine and his coaches do a tremendous job.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Clubs like CCS don't survive on gate money alone. Lottery, raffles, bar takings, sponsors, SFA payments all add to it.  Players may also be paid not much more than expenses.  Either way, Jardine and his coaches do a tremendous job.

Was there today and crowd was about 170. Maybe 30 in bar before the game.

Was told that none of the CSS players get paid which says a lot about Jardine when it is clear they are all good enough to get paid elsewhere.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Was there today and crowd was about 170. Maybe 30 in bar before the game.

Was told that none of the CSS players get paid which says a lot about Jardine when it is clear they are all good enough to get paid elsewhere.

I know of one CSS player who was there in recent years, but not now, was certainly financially remunerated. Not a massive amount but more than travelling expenses. I’ll leave it at that. 😉

58 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There’s no evidence on CSS social media that they have any fan based schemes to raise money.   What SFA payments other than Scottish Cup money are you referring to?

Agreed though, the coaching staff do a fantastic job. 

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

There’s no evidence on CSS social media that they have any fan based schemes to raise money.   What SFA payments other than Scottish Cup money are you referring to?

Agreed though, the coaching staff do a fantastic job. 

Well member clubs receive their annual payment in December each year, and depends on what level you're playing at.  It's anywhere between £4,000 to £12,000 in recent years for EoS clubs.  Then there's Scottish Cup appearance money on top of that.   Then of course, there was a Covid payment in 2021 from the National Lottery via the SFA which for LL clubs amounted to around £20,000.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Well member clubs receive their annual payment in December each year, and depends on what level you're playing at.  It's anywhere between £4,000 to £12,000 in recent years for EoS clubs.  Then there's Scottish Cup appearance money on top of that.   Then of course, there was a Covid payment in 2021 from the National Lottery via the SFA which for LL clubs amounted to around £20,000.

Thanks, I wasn’t aware there was a lump sum payment made each year, other than Scottish Cup appearance money.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks, I wasn’t aware there was a lump sum payment made each year, other than Scottish Cup appearance money.

It's effectively profit sharing.  So this year should be a decent whack on the back of Euro24 income.

On 20/04/2024 at 22:54, Burnieman said:

It's effectively profit sharing.  So this year should be a decent whack on the back of Euro24 income.

Do you know if the profit is shared equally between all members or does it depend on a club's licence level or where they are in the pyramid?

Also, shame on Bo'ness for not bothering reporting half their attendances @Deanburn Dave etc

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Do you know if the profit is shared equally between all members or does it depend on a club's licence level or where they are in the pyramid?

Also, shame on Bo'ness for not bothering reporting half their attendances @Deanburn Dave etc

From memory it's level within the Pyramid as opposed to licence.

9 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The amount paid to each club is based on the licence level they hold - pyramid position has no bearing on it 

Yip you're right, just found an old SFA email which is the payment in Dec 2021;

• Entry Level clubs will receive £10,000 (CL award £4,000 plus £6,000 Euro bonus)

• Bronze Level clubs will receive £20,000 (CL award £8,000 plus £12,000 Euro bonus)

• Silver Level clubs will receive £30,000 (CL award £12,000 plus £18,000 Euro bonus)

• Gold Level clubs will receive £40,000 (CL award £16,000 plus £24,000 Euro bonus)

• Platinum Level clubs will receive £50,000 (CL award £20,000 plus £30,000 Euro bonus)

Clubs should receive another Euro bonus payment this year due to Scotland qualifying for Euro24.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Thanks, makes sense, with all the licence talk I wondered if there was an incentive for going for Bronze other than to be promoted to the SPFL.

Long term it probably is, but depends how much a Doctor costs for 15-20 home games when you don't actually need one in tier 5, plus other associated costs.

That's the dilemma, and clubs who are in with the chance of the play-offs will take it right to the wire as they wont want to be shelling out more than neccesary if they don't get to the play-offs.

A set one year derogation to complete the Bronze process, upon promotion, would go a long way to helping clubs, as would the removal of the doctor requirement which seems excessive.

Edited by Burnieman

On 29/04/2024 at 09:15, Burnieman said:

Yip you're right, just found an old SFA email which is the payment in Dec 2021;

• Entry Level clubs will receive £10,000 (CL award £4,000 plus £6,000 Euro bonus)

• Bronze Level clubs will receive £20,000 (CL award £8,000 plus £12,000 Euro bonus)

• Silver Level clubs will receive £30,000 (CL award £12,000 plus £18,000 Euro bonus)

• Gold Level clubs will receive £40,000 (CL award £16,000 plus £24,000 Euro bonus)

• Platinum Level clubs will receive £50,000 (CL award £20,000 plus £30,000 Euro bonus)

Clubs should receive another Euro bonus payment this year due to Scotland qualifying for Euro24.

So what upset Rangers B so much they left in a huff?

On 28/04/2024 at 22:14, Ginaro said:

Probably embarrassed at their attendances being lower than Athletic. 😎