Lowland league Attendances

The Faceman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, lithgierose said:

@The Faceman. Is there an upto date grid coming soon ?

An update was sent to the Lowland League on the 14th February 2024

I am not sure if they published it.

Still confident of getting the target number of games in the league 

VjgphKSB.jpg_small.jpg

Edited by The Faceman

No idea. I’m kind of disappointed really as it would show what kind of attendances we would have now when we’re doing much better in the league and playing more attractive football compared to previous seasons.

Plus the addition of newer league teams with a proper following come to Newton Park (Linlithgow and Albion) would surely push the average up.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Sad that Bo’ness a en Albion Rovers are letting the side down here as they’ll have one if the bigger gates. What’s going on there?

Bo’ness probably don’t have a clue what the crowd is or they maybe prefer not to say as its cash at the gate, no Fanbase or online ticket sales in advance.   Maybe they’ll move in to this century eventually.

13 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Bo’ness probably don’t have a clue what the crowd is or they maybe prefer not to say as its cash at the gate, no Fanbase or online ticket sales in advance.   Maybe they’ll move in to this century eventually.

They've been participating in these headcount attempts for 4-5 years now. Don't think i've seen as poor a participation as this.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

To be fair I emailed them for the crowd against us and they told me.

40 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Has Bo’ness crowds been affected by Bo’ness athletic joining the leagues at all? 

My view is a big NO for BU home games

Athletic may have claimed 1 or 2 fans but I reckon the affects of COVID when fans got out the habit of going to games is responsible for 100 fans dropping away.

Other BU fans will have differing views.

Athletic

2022 EoS Conference X = 145 / 15 games

2023 EoS Third Division = 122 / 18 games

2024 EoS Second Division = 96 / 8 games (135 + 101 only ones over a 100 so far)

United

2019 EoS Conference B = 261 / 12 games

2020 EoS Premier = 370 / 14 games

2022 Lowland = 285  / 17 games

2023 Lowland = 298 / 18 games

2024 Lowland = 408 / 7 games (small sample size & Linlithgow 906 skews higher)

BU have seemed pretty consistent with the 300+ crowds. Even with many missing figures this season i'd expect them to be a higher on average than the previous Lowland seasons.

Looks like Athletic benefited from the heavy West Lothian presence in the lowest tier. Should tick up a bit as they've still to host Armadale and the title run might bring some interest.

10 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Sad that Bo’ness a en Albion Rovers are letting the side down here as they’ll have one if the bigger gates. What’s going on there?

An average over 500, Imagine if we were playing well..!!!