Best dish you can cook

Started preparing tomorrow’s homemade madras. So far I’ve made a spice mix and spent 2 hours preparing a curry base sauce. I know that I sound like I know what I’m doing, but I’m just following an online recipe which I’m 90% sure is trolling me, as I’ve used around 40 ingredients so far, making it Europe’s most expensive curry. 

18 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Started preparing tomorrow’s homemade madras. So far I’ve made a spice mix and spent 2 hours preparing a curry base sauce. I know that I sound like I know what I’m doing, but I’m just following an online recipe which I’m 90% sure is trolling me, as I’ve used around 40 ingredients so far, making it Europe’s most expensive curry. 

What is the spice mix ingredients? You grind your own seeds?

6 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

That's big portions of spice.

Fenugreek is something worth trying if you haven't tried it before, both as a herb and a spice. I've been using it for about a year now. It's lovely.

Fenugreek goes in the curry itself, not the base (according to the recipe). Name a spice or herb, guaranteed it’s going in. Should have just used foodhub 

1 hour ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

I do a good braised red cabbage which is king of the sides when it comes to a roast dinner 

Heavy agree. I like it a lot more than my ladyfriend however, and certainly more than the kids, so whenever I make it I end up eating it far days afterwards.

I like red onion, red cabbage, some chopped apple, squeeze in an orange, cloves, allspice, redcurrant jelly, nutmeg and red wine. Then just cook it until it's learned its lesson.

34 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

That's big portions of spice.

Fenugreek is something worth trying if you haven't tried it before, both as a herb and a spice. I've been using it for about a year now. It's lovely.

How do you know.  He might be cooking for 100 people. 🙂

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

My wife does all the cooking. I can barely work the bloody toaster! 

Just remember the red light on the toaster isn't a red circle on a Scottish football forum.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
How many eggs do you use and what size dish? Whilst mine are always tasty, they always just seem to flatten after coming out the oven.

Ten inch round flan dish takes 8 large eggs. Coming out the oven the flan is well raised. It does flatten as it cools.

I’m probably at about 6 so will up my eggage.