FA Cup 2021/2022

Eednud

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

BBCs coverage tonight has been shit.

With the clock breakdown, mics not working and clunky move to BBC2 part-way through extra time, you’d think it was a BBC Sport Scotland production. 

Marvellous game that. Wilder has Middlesborough playing some lovely football.

Danny Murphy though. f**k me. Put a negative spin on anything, but weirdly. He provides a real tonal clash, like a real life I M Jolly.

Wonderful game though. Guy Mowbray is an excellent commentator too. I genuinely thought that Spurs would nick that. Bunch of characterless imposters though, utterly shown up by the side a league below. 

I hope Boro go on and win it now.

Surprised Boro aren't higher up the league judging by that performance. Be nice to have a team that wasn't one of the usual suspects win it. Though I suppose we had Leicester last season. Anyway, Mon Boro/Forest/Huddersfield/Palace/Norwich/Boreham Wood.

12 hours ago, velo army said:

Guy Mowbray is an excellent commentator too.

I generally agree but cringed at his 'there'll be plenty of parmos eaten tonight and shifts missed tomorrow' comment. Outdated patronising, stereotyping crap like this is belongs in the bin. It negated the bonus point he'd got for talking about fans travelling from all over the UK rather than the standard 'fans of x club all travel from that town' cliche. 

Great game though and was also expecting the Spurs sucker punch that thankfully didn't come. Good to see an underdog beat two of the big names in succession instead of getting cuffed in the next round after their first win.