FA Cup 2021/2022

Eednud

13 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Quarter Final Draw

Crystal Palace vs Everton or Boreham Wood

Nottingham Forest or Huddersfield Town vs Liverpool

Middlesbrough vs Chelsea

Southampton vs Manchester City

Actually not a bad draw, for once. Hopefully at least one of the boring usual suspects gets knocked out. 

ITV cutting to adverts during it. On the ball as always.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Imagine played over the tannoy, all the players with cheap looking Ukraine flags, nobody does virtue signalling like the English game

19 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Bad certainly but entertaining?

The National League is this dreadful Everton team's level.

In a so bad it’s funny, kind of way. Can’t believe Lampard took Patterson off, he had been one of their better players.

21 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

In a so bad it’s funny, kind of way. Can’t believe Lampard took Patterson off, he had been one of their better players.

It was logical for Lampard to take off one of the three FBs in his starting line-up. Patterson was the unlucky one.

Lampard seems very reluctant to give him game time - not good news for Scotland!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Alli, El Ghazi and Gray (came off the bench against Man City on Saturday) are not even on the bench.

It seems that Lampard has binned them. Dele Alli is a waste of a wage and should f**k off back to Milton Keynes.

Yeah I think you've sussed it. I can't think of any other reason why Everton's January signings from other English clubs aren't playing in the cup. 

14 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It was logical for Lampard to take off one of the three FBs in his starting line-up. Patterson was the unlucky one.

Lampard seems very reluctant to give him game time - not good news for Scotland!

Yeah it was a formation thing. Feel a bit sorry for him, it must be fitting getting hooked at half-time on your debut when you’ve actually done alright.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah I think you've sussed it. I can't think of any other reason why Everton's January signings from other English clubs aren't playing in the cup. 

Gray was signed from Bayer Leverkusen in July. El Ghazi was out injured for a long time and then went AFCON. If he played in the FA Cup, it must have been a game that I missed.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Gray was signed from Bayer Leverkusen in July. El Ghazi was out injured for a long time and then went AFCON. If he played in the FA Cup, it must have been a game that I missed.

El Ghazi came on in the he Man U game I think, just before he left. Alli is cup tied too.

Just now, Jambomo said:

El Ghazi came on in the he Man U game I think, just before he left. Alli is cup tied too.

Really? IIRC Gerrard didn't give him much of a chance before moving him on. 

I realised that Alli was cup-tied after my post. He hasn't impressed at Everton anyway. Another cheap addition like Townsend and Gray.