FA Cup 2021/2022

Eednud

why is the Liverpool v Man City game live on tv at 3.30pm on a Saturday afternoon.  I thought you couldnt show games at that time during the season?

Golfing anyway but just wondered if the rules had changed - could have an impact on some of the lower league fixtures in Scotland.

30 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

why is the Liverpool v Man City game live on tv at 3.30pm on a Saturday afternoon.  I thought you couldnt show games at that time during the season?

Golfing anyway but just wondered if the rules had changed - could have an impact on some of the lower league fixtures in Scotland.

There's no lower league fixtures in England today so they lifted the blackout.

1 minute ago, David W said:

There's no lower league fixtures in England today so they lifted the blackout.

Sort of. 

The blackout only applies when 50% or more of fixtures in the top 2 divisions or domestic cup are being played. With the EFL playing yesterday and Monday, the threshold is nowhere  near being reached.

There could have been a full card in League 1 and below and the semi-final could still have been played at 3.30. 

City fans singing during the silence for Hillsborough isn’t a great look
Not surprising though. I know English football fans who care more about the fact that it happened to "dirty scousers" than about the fact that Police and Media contrived to make sure those deaths were covered up and never answered for.

Still parrot the same shite about looting the bodies and "killing their own fans".

Horrible fuckers.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's one of the worst pieces of goalkeeping I've ever seen. Total lack of awareness. 

It was utterly bowfin'. He'd be chased out of the club if that happened at Cliftonhill let alone Wembley.