FA Cup 2021/2022

Eednud

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I don't know if they do give it up the other end, but it's definitely the correct decision not to give it - Yates shapes his foot to initiate the contact with Allison. 

That's the sort of "soft" penalty that Mane and Salah "win" all the time.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't know if they do give it up the other end, but it's definitely the correct decision not to give it - Yates shapes his foot to initiate the contact with Allison. 

They definitely would. Soft contact pens like that are given every week to the big teams in that league. I don’t mind if they want to toughen up the rules but you still get those.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's never a penalty, he drags his foot into the goalkeeper's glove, and even at that there's barely a touch.

But would Liverpool have got a pen for it ? My bet would be yes. VAR doesn’t stop dodgy decisions it’s probably actually made it worse

But would Liverpool have got a pen for it ? My bet would be yes. VAR doesn’t stop dodgy decisions it’s probably actually made it worse

This is the sort of thing that is really easy to say because there's never going to be evidence to say otherwise given that it is based on a scenario that didn't actually happen.

All we can say from this game is that VAR had no impact on the two major decisions at the end, given that they stuck with the on-field decision.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is the sort of thing that is really easy to say because there's never going to be evidence to say otherwise given that it is based on a scenario that didn't actually happen.

All we can say from this game is that VAR had no impact on the two major decisions at the end, given that they stuck with the on-field decision.

My argument is though if that was a decent team against one of the arse cheeks the results would be the same. If that was for example Motherwell v Arse cheek, if it’s in our box that’s a pen and other box it’s not. VAR for me has proven to be a big failure that slows the game and makes it more like the NFL 🤷‍♂️. All about opinions I suppose 

I thought Stuart Armstrong was quite sharp in the first half for Southampton, good on the ball and made several strong driving runs with the ball. He was quiet in the second half as Manchester City took control of the game.

• 2 weeks later...