Clyde vs Alloa

Two sides with systems they're still figuring out on the evidence of the first twenty. Both quite cagey in their set up. Lots of protection for the defences. Easier game for our defenders because they're under no pressure. We've put a strong team out too. Which is good.

However, there is little or nothing going on beyond our midfield when we have possession. Goodie is barely moving. And there's nobody inbetween the lines, moving their defenders about.

I can see it being close. Alloa could get behind our midfield because it's slow in places and they've got good, dynamic players to work things through the middle and down the sides, where they're sometimes giving Taggart license to push up.

Really poor from Alloa. Hard to understand what the manager was trying to do with the formation he started with, particularly on the left flank, and we had no real shape at all for a long time. The football from both sides in the first half was horrific.

Second half wasn't really much better but at least after Clyde scored we changed to a recognisable shape and also took off Mendy, who again was very erratic, and King, who again was anonymous. We were better after that, we actually looked something like a football team and were the more likely to win until a bit of magic from Goodwillie at the end. 

Excellent win for Clyde and terrific response to their result midweek. For Alloa there are again a lot of questions. The team so far is significantly less than the sum of its parts. The way it is set up works against us. Last week wee bits of individual brilliance papered over the cracks. Today the individual brilliance was on the other side. Worryingly, both these games were against teams with inferior players and budgets. Again, there is a good team in there but not the way they have been set up so far. 

And I'd forgotten how shite pixelot is too, didn't follow the ball for Scougall's goal and spent a lot of the first half watching Hutton 😁

Last week papered over the many cracks.Ferguson is utterly clueless.I've been on here predicting that we'll go down again this year,results like this more than back this up.Barry Ferguson can GTF.I renewd my season ticket because i care about my club,despite having taken on this management team,but i can't bring myself to attend home games this season.I'm angry enough as it is,without completely losing the nut at games.I don't care what other fans think of this,i want him out,and never wanted him in.Nothing he has done can convince anyone that he's the man for the job,utterly embarrassing.Even if some of the signings are ok,he's not capable of forming them into a team.It would be understandable if results like this were one offs,but they are the norm.

Really poor performance all round, apart from Howie who I thought battled well in the middle and a decent second half from Scougall. 

Not really sure what formation we were playing before the second half subs but it seemed to be 3.5 at the back with Taggs sometimes playing as a full back and at other points as a wide midfielder or something, and no idea if Boyd was supposed to be playing as a wing back or not on the left?!

Utter crap from Sammon again up top, perfectly summed up by his ‘effort’ just before Clyde’s winner. King again proving to be a waste of a jersey in the middle of the park and should have been hooked before he was eventually replaced. 

O’Donnell yet again showing why he should be more involved when he came on, willing to take a man on and provided the only bits of quality from crosses we had all day. 

I know we’ve seen it before but why is Hutton always so angry? I don’t remember him being utterly permaseething when he played for us, albeit I was quite young at the time.

I see Livingstone is in A&E, hopefully just a precaution as we really can’t be doing with any more injuries. To be fair to Docherty, he wasn’t totally rubbish when he came on which was a marked improvement. I did think Alloa were worthy of a point and I was waiting for a Howie (90+4) winner but the second goal was fantastic. We all know Goodwillie has that in his locker despite looking gubbed for the twenty minutes prior to the goal. I make that 94 Clyde goals for him now (it could be 93, I’m not sure if Soccerbase still counts the QP game that was scrubbed from the records). What a player.

We looked knackered since we scored the first and I thought the midweek fixture would really come back to punish us. We still created very little but thankfully, we took our two opportunities beautifully. The first goal was a brilliant cross from Cunningham and a brilliant header. Sammon was, once again, useless for the opposition and Rumsby dealt with him well. Elsdon had a decent game too. Mendy for Alloa has to be one of the most erratic footballers I’ve ever seen. He looked positionally clueless at times but he did make an amazing tackle on Goodwillie as he threatened to break through (I didn’t think he was offside). Personally, I can’t see Ferguson having the patience with someone like him. He’ll probably have his next Alloa squad for January in mind already after that today.

Things certainly look a wee bit better than they did on Wednesday evening but we’ll need plenty of moments of brilliance from Goodie and battling performances from every player to be safe in this league. However, I’m delighted this evening!