Keyham shootings

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/aug/13/plymouth-shooting-police-reinstated-gunmans-firearms-licence-last-month?__twitter_impression=true

He had his license taken away last December but got it back after taking an anger management course. Great work. His family had sought help for his mental health issues as well.

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

How the f**k did his mugshot not get his application autorejected? I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but you don't need to be Colombo to look at him and think hmmm, nerf more your level mate. 

Hopefully we won't have to wait 100 years for answers on that one. 

The police took the gun off him in December and gave it back to him last month after he attended a anger management course !

5 hours ago, superbigal said:
5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
In my day you’d put on a shirt, head down the pub and chat up anything with a pulse.
Gen Z don’t want to work for anything.

And if you fail whatever is falling over blind drunk in the kebab shop.

times have changed my friend

14a507ced154b0e81edcb751d65c7083.jpg

drunk.jpg

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

The press have never, ever given a shit about their coverage of murderers. The important thing is attracting readers/viewers, and if that encourages more killers, well, that's just more to report on.

Anyway, thank f**k Banana isn't here to get himself banned again with sympathetic posts about the poor wee mite.

if it bleeds, it leads…sad but true.

13 hours ago, Ric said:

Thankfully this is really rare, I think I read somewhere that the last mass shooting was over a decade ago. No comfort to the families of those involved, of course, but we should be grateful that we don't share the culture of our "friends across the pond" where this sort of stuff is almost a daily occurrence.

I hope this brings in more legislation regarding firearms, as did previous mass shootings. You'll never be able to completely reduce the risk to 0, but you can certainly do a lot to keep that risk as low as possible.

The biggest problem is that in the U.K. the regulations are probably sufficient, it’s the failure of people around the bad actors not reporting concerns and suspicions to authorities. In the U.S. the same issue happens all the time, with significantly worse results…but it will probably never be solved because of the sheer volume of firearms in circulation. It’s simply not possible to institute anything close to a legislative scheme like Australia or the U.K., simply for cost without considering the legal aspects (Second Amendment and current Supreme Court interpretation.

Given the U.K. police forces have knowledge of most all firearms and licensees, one would think that taking the time to interview associates or research a person’s social media would be a worthwhile endeavour every now and then. As for killing a three year-old, it badly strains my opposition to the death penalty (irrelevant here, but…).

Edit: FFS, just read how he was reported, and got the freaking license back…I have no words and can only imagine the horror of the involved persons, especially those who had no part in the decision but had to fulfill a directive to return his license.

Edited by TxRover

He apparently lived in Shetland for a while and still has family there.

His dad sounds a complete scumbag. I wonder what percentage of these mass shooters have violent and/or absent fathers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/plymouth-shooter-spent-time-scotland-24757691