Hearts v Aberdeen

44 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Just promise me...however the game goes...don't destroy all the toilet paper and leave a dead bird on the back door step.

With the storm hitting us lads in New England early doors, I'll be lucky if I can illegally stream the game. 😢

Still, a classic 1-0 Neilson-ball match and I'll merrily celebrate as my car floats towards Boston 

28 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

With the storm hitting us lads in New England early doors, I'll be lucky if I can illegally stream the game. 😢

Still, a classic 1-0 Neilson-ball match and I'll merrily celebrate as my car floats towards Boston 

Urgh... I hope it's better than the old one.

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

Probably slightly more right wing, but it doesn't have a Blackpool so it's 50/50

Well...at least if you get stabbed whilst visiting Blackpool you won't become instantaneously bankrupt.

Guest TheJTS98

While I understand the Aberdeen travel angle, it's being slightly over-done here in classic 'oh, we're soooo fucked and have no chance, you have to pump us' style. Top marks to the Aberdeen lads for that game management.

Clearly, it's an advantage for Hearts, but teams do play after European ties all the time, and they don't automatically lose these games 10-0.

Also, the certainty that Aberdeen will rotate their squad seems mis-placed to me. They might, but from Aberdeen's point of view this is an away game against a side likely to finish in the same half of the league as them, and therefore has strategic value as well as bare points value. I doubt Glass is going to just send the kids out. Maybe if we were in deepest autumn, but it's August. The players will be more or less fine and perfectly capable of playing today and on Thursday. They're not going to be running onto the park half asleep and unable to run the length of themselves. They're fit (like) lads. And if Aberdeen rotated against Raith, then they'll have plenty of players who have played two games in a fortnight, one of which at home to some mob from Iceland. Not a big deal.

From a Hearts point of view, plenty to be positive about so far this season. Hopefully start the way we started the first two games, get on the front foot. And the second half last week has seemed quite under-rated to me. I thought Hearts were great.

It's there to be won and I think this could be quite a good game.

Edited by TheJTS98

1 hour ago, TheJTS98 said:

While I understand the Aberdeen travel angle, it's being slightly over-done here in classic 'oh, we're soooo fucked and have no chance, you have to pump us' style. Top marks to the Aberdeen lads for that game management.

Clearly, it's an advantage for Hearts, but teams do play after European ties all the time, and they don't automatically lose these games 10-0.

Also, the certainty that Aberdeen will rotate their squad seems mis-placed to me. They might, but from Aberdeen's point of view this is an away game against a side likely to finish in the same half of the league as them, and therefore has strategic value as well as bare points value. I doubt Glass is going to just send the kids out. Maybe if we were in deepest autumn, but it's August. The players will be more or less fine and perfectly capable of playing today and on Thursday. They're not going to be running onto the park half asleep and unable to run the length of themselves. They're fit (like) lads. And if Aberdeen rotated against Raith, then they'll have plenty of players who have played two games in a fortnight, one of which at home to some mob from Iceland. Not a big deal.

From a Hearts point of view, plenty to be positive about so far this season. Hopefully start the way we started the first two games, get on the front foot. And the second half last week has seemed quite under-rated to me. I thought Hearts were great.

It's there to be won and I think this could be quite a good game.

Hearts are going to win mate, just be happy about it. 

I think that Scottish clubs in Europe at this final stage for qualifying should be able to postpone the game in between if they wish to.

I know plenty won’t agree, but it concerns me that European qualification isn’t prioritised more in this country.
There’s  plenty time to play this game and there are so many benefits of qualification.

3 hours ago, big al said:

I think that Scottish clubs in Europe at this final stage for qualifying should be able to postpone the game in between if they wish to.

I know plenty won’t agree, but it concerns me that European qualification isn’t prioritised more in this country.
There’s  plenty time to play this game and there are so many benefits of qualification.

I’ve never thought that to be honest. Europe is lucrative for the club involved more than anyone else. Juggling domestic games is part of the challenge and don’t think we or anyone else should be done a favour because playing hearts after Europe is difficult.  

3 hours ago, big al said:

I disagree with this, it's usually the gruesomes that are playing the European ties and it would be they that stood to benefit most from postponement of matches.

It's a test of the management and club in how they handle the extra games. Our issue is we've got a paper thin squad and it needs to be addressed. Hopefully, Ferguson can be sold for good money but it isn't leaving much time to get good replacements in.

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Don't agree about postponing games. We should have built a squad to cope with playing in 4 competitions. (Soon to be 2)

Surely we have that squad, then?