Hearts v Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

No reason not to have a go. If we set up anything like how we started against Celtic, there's no amount of stoic practice that will stop me from losing the plot.

We our former Welsh Wunderkind should have arrived from Anfield by Sunday

That'll  shake  things  up a bit

17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Well until such time as Scott Brown gets substituted off* at which point Aberdeen and their supporters will  switch  back from being the living embodiment of all that is evil and  revert  to  being a great bunch  of lads

* Hopefully after Peter Haring gets a  yellow card for a niggly  decapitation 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We our former Welsh Wunderkind should have arrived from Anfield by Sunday

That'll  shake  things  up a bit

I get the feeling we're not going to see him until the end of the month. Mad how we've practically signed two players but we're still waiting on them.

43 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I almost don't care about this and have written it off completely.

If we get pumped out of sight in Azerbaijan, it becomes more important - but if the European tie remains open, then it's all about next Thursday and we will have a Raith Rovers team out there on Sunday and they won't enjoy playing Hearts, who invariably play a 'robust' game against us at Tynecastle. If it's their first full stadium since lockdown, then that will just make it harder.

I’ve pretty much written the Hearts game off.

If we have any chance of making the Europa Conference group stages & the €5m we’d get, then we’ll have a second string team out & the players will be knackered having only got to bed at breakfast time on Friday morning. 

In the grand scheme of things, Tynecastle matters not a f**k.

Guest Bob Mahelp

A hard game in 30 degree heat against a decent team on a mud heap in Asia. Another important player struck down with the AFC injury curse. And oh yeah, and almost 6 hour flight back home in the middle of the night. 

And then Tynecastle on Sunday against a Hearts team that will undoubtedly start off with a rocket lit under their arses. 

That top class squad that we have is going to come in handy. 

Everything points to an easy home win. Almost worth breaking my hip on Wednesday so I don't have to witness it first hand. Will miss having a pint with my jambo mate pre/post match more than I'll miss the football.

If anyone wants a ticket, I've got a spare now and a return train ticket. Not sure when I'm getting out of ARI so no idea how you could pick them up.

Just now, Leith Green said:

ooft, seriously? How did you do that? 

Assume you will need a THR and about 12 weeks rehab.

Fell off my bike. Arse over tit landing on my hip. I've got a pin and 2 screws on my right hip to match the pin and 5 screws in my left ankle (football 20 years ago).

They talked about a THR but my bone was good enough for just a pin. 6 weeks on crutches. Waiting on the physio just now.

Even though I know we'll get beat I'd still rather be at the game. Both Edinburgh trips are good but Tynecastle is the best. Even though we've got a shit record.  Far better than weegieville. Can't remember the last time I went to either of the bigot brothers stadiums apart from the final.

8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Fell off my bike. Arse over tit landing on my hip. I've got a pin and 2 screws on my right hip to match the pin and 5 screws in my left ankle (football 20 years ago).

They talked about a THR but my bone was good enough for just a pin. 6 weeks on crutches. Waiting on the physio just now.

Even though I know we'll get beat I'd still rather be at the game. Both Edinburgh trips are good but Tynecastle is the best. Even though we've got a shit record.  Far better than weegieville. Can't remember the last time I went to either of the bigot brothers stadiums apart from the final.

That sounds decent news at least. I have a resurfacing (10 years old) and do sometimes wonder what might happen if I come off my bike. However, you need to stay fit etc.

Best of luck

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Sounds horrible. I  wouldn't wish  that on anybody* . Do  your physio, be patient and get well soon

* Except Scott Brown  obviously

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sounds horrible. I  wouldn't wish  that on anybody* . Do  your physio, be patient and get well soon

* Except Scott Brown  obviously

Just got my physio and they checked my crutch skills (insert Kenneth Williams gif) and said I'm free to go home. Just getting my drugs together and the nurse will have to show me how to inject my blood thinner. Not being a Hibby I've never injected myself.  😲

Will need the painkilling drugs for Sunday I reckon.