SNP / Green and their Cooperation Agreement

Ric

12 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

that was my first thought, yeah, it tapers off (cant mind the thresholds but iirc something like £40k+ before you're at the higher rate, which I believe is a fair bit above the median UK wage). plus you get the personal allowance on your first £12500 or so. 

end of the day it all depends what the tax goes on, cant grumble too much if it funds more universal goodies like free prescriptions etc. Less so multi-million pound PPE contracts to Rishi Sunak's Auntie that runs a dildo factory in Wigan.*

*im stealing that from one of the hibs bois but i really really like it, so zero fucks given

And you stop paying NI for earnings over a certain amount.

You do realise that INEOS at Grangemouth contributes 4% of GDP and 8% of Scotland’s manufacturing base.
If you work in oil and gas, be very afraid.
Must have missed these then. Both precede the agreement announcement. Must be the #UKdividend they spoke of in 2014? Screenshot_20210813-010141_Twitter.thumb.jpeg.96c6e6bcca5356a8218317423e00efec.jpegScreenshot_20210830-005335_Facebook.thumb.jpeg.afccf7c83236ea3ac48c336510d8b93f.jpeg

Ratcliffe is an utter c**t.

Another in a long line of Brexiteers who don't actually reside in the country, so are not effected personally by it. He lives in Monaco, which means Radcliffe doesn't pay any UK personal tax, while as a Monegasque he retains the right to live, work and travel throughout Europe. His primary reason for supporting Brexit was to remove Ineos from EU industry regulation knowing that he has the ear of Johnson, and the tories, thanks to his shilling out millions of people, he'll be able to influence UK policy. However, when it comes to the EU rules benefiting him? Well imagine that, he's suddenly a fan of the EU once more, as he builds his car factory in Belgium.

When will those who voted for Brexit realise they were taken for a ride by schiesters like Ratcliffe, or is their pride as strong as their xenophobia?

Anyway, onto the SNP/Green agreement, the bitterness from the opposition has been absolutely glorious. They are raging, and their hypocrisy is showing.

I particularly like the calls of this being "undemocratic", it's genuinely like toddlers trying to argue their way out of bedtime.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Another in a long line of Brexiteers who don't actually reside in the country, so are not effected personally by it. He lives in Monaco, which means Radcliffe doesn't pay any UK personal tax, while as a Monegasque he retains the right to live, work and travel throughout Europe. His primary reason for supporting Brexit was to remove Ineos from EU industry regulation knowing that he has the ear of Johnson, and the tories, thanks to his shilling out millions of people, he'll be able to influence UK policy. However, when it comes to the EU rules benefiting him? Well imagine that, he's suddenly a fan of the EU once more, as he builds his car factory in Belgium.

When will those who voted for Brexit realise they were taken for a ride by schiesters like Ratcliffe, or is their pride as strong as their xenophobia?

Imagine being the richest man in Britain and choosing to live in a shithole like Monaco to save a bit of tax.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Imagine being the richest man in Britain and choosing to live in a shithole like Monaco to save a bit of tax.

Not sure if I'd want to live in Monaco, tbh, but I'd jump at the chance of being on the Mediterranean coast.

What I wouldn't do though, should I live and pay taxes elsewhere, is put lots of money into promoting a policy that would harm millions of people, for decades to come, when I myself was entirely insulated from the outcome. On top of that, if I had made statements slamming the EU for over a decade, I wouldn't suddenly flip my opinion and use all the benefits I'd been raging against...

...but then, I'm not a c**t, whereas Ratcliffe is.

According to one caller into Radio Scotland's voxpop the SNP are being "a dictatorship" which has presided over this "undemocratic" government alliance. She also went on to say "one of the problems is that too many people voted" .. :blink: .. sadly she doesn't expand.

:lol:

I believe that person has been advised not to remove the safety warnings from their furniture.

btw, voxpop's are a bunch of shite that are honeypots for the most crazy in society.

Edited by Ric

57 minutes ago, Ric said:

I take it you want Ineos to leave Scotland and the oil and gas sector to be closed down.

Brilliant!!

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I take it you want Ineos to leave Scotland and the oil and gas sector to be closed down.

Brilliant!!

Typical Brexit answer.

Ignore the point, make some unrelated spurious claim.

54 minutes ago, Ric said:

Typical Brexit answer.

Ignore the point, make some unrelated spurious claim.

Not at all.

All I’m saying is that before Ratcliffe and Ineos came along, Grangemouth was going nowhere.

Now, it contributes greatly to Scottish GDP and to central belt employment.

Where the boss chooses to live is irrelevant. Most of the wind turbine companies are foreign owned. 
We are going to need oil and gas for many years to come and it is not good to have an SNP/ Green government calling the shots, especially as it is easy to relocate businesses to friendlier jurisdictions.

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

.. trying to double down ..

No addressing Ratcliffe's hypocrisy, only some random claim about the Scottish Oil and Gas sector being non existent.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Where the boss chooses to live is irrelevant.

:blink:

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

16 minutes ago, Ric said:

No addressing Ratcliffe's hypocrisy, only some random claim about the Scottish Oil and Gas sector being non existent.

:blink:

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

The topic is about the SNP/Green Alliance.

Ratcliffe's position, politics, domicile is neither here nor there.

Please confine yourself to discussing the effects of this agreement on the Scottish economy.