The Official 'Who's Going Down' Thread

I still don't know tbh.

Livingston feel like they've been spiralling since their inevitable purple patch ended. Guess nobody believes you after the fact but it was always the case that you never know how good a manager is until they've had a rough patch, rather than how they do during the good times, and I think they've discovered Martindale is not a good manager.

No idea what to make of County or Dundee yet. Dundee I can see sort of unspectacularly finishing 9th or 10th, while County having a squad full of young loanees and a manager nobody likes reeks of relegation. 

Motherwell will be fine.

Dundee United another I've no idea about. Still not convinced by Courts but Siegrist will inevitably keep them more than safe again as long as Courts doesn't play without a defence.

Always worry about us too, just as a natural instinct.

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

No way Dundee will be involved in the mix since they are, and always have been, the Scottish equivalent of Barcelona 2012.

Or so they would have you believe after a 1-0 win over a makeshift team in the cup……

Still absolutely seething

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Motoring towards 40 consecutive years of top flight football, ML1's footballing powerhouse simply don't do relegation, no matter how shite we may be in any given season. 

If there's ever a hint that we're in danger, we simply get our good friends in the corridors of power to reconstruct the league or fûck over some 2 bit club like Falkirk with their shitey ground to maintain our #bigtime status, so you can realistically reduce your pool to 5 candidates for taking the plunge towards the seasides. 

* You may wish to bookmark this post for the end of the season as we are fairly gash atm and could be right in the mix.

We won’t go down and with a couple of decent addition next week could be fighting for 6th.

59 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Still absolutely seething

We were absolutely rotten that day and I have my concerns about this season for sure. 

More just confused Dundee that suddenly have turned into world beaters despite spending 15 of the last 20 seasons in the seaside leagues and losing 9 of the last 10 v us.

I went for County to finish bottom and Livi in the playoff spot in the league predictor thread, which seems relatively sensible so far. Not sure how Livi fans feel, but I’d have big concerns over Martindale as manager because results have been awful after that mental purple patch last season.
St Johnstone are far too good to go down as it stands but it’ll be interesting to see how they do if they (hopefully) qualify for the group stages of the Europa Conference. A Thursday-Sunday schedule until Christmas would be a huge ask for a squad that size. I wouldn’t expect them to be in any real bother but it would maybe take a good second half of the season to make sure they weren’t dragged into a scrap.
Motherwell will be fine and Dundee will do enough to scrape to 9th or 10th.

3 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

We were absolutely rotten that day and I have my concerns about this season for sure. 

More just confused Dundee that suddenly have turned into world beaters despite spending 15 of the last 20 seasons in the seaside leagues and losing 9 of the last 10 v us.

What a lot of shite.

11 hours ago, mizfit said:

I can’t see past either County or Livi for straight down.

Martindales bubble has burst but he won’t resign, his pal in the boardroom will conveniently find a promotion for him when it’s evident they’re fucked.

County’s manager seems out of depth in this league already and is still talking about transfers.

St Mirren, Dundee & Maybe United will be around about there. Dundee will probably click when needed to and stay up by the scruff of their neck.

I wouldn't say his bubble has burst, we had to limp through the end of last season and then deal with zero training and COVID for the League Cup and start of the season. We're probably one CB away from being fine. He's previously said there will be a time he isn't at the club though, and that managers have shelf lives.

Edited by ATLIS

27 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

See Jackson’s Guarantee!

That didn’t come back to make him look like a total fanny at all......

33 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35149800

Edit: MacArab beat me to it but aye, that comment has got The Jackson Guarantee written all over it. 

Edited by Dee Man

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hopefully we relegate Livi at Dens too. 

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

...after signing Adel Taraabt as a groundsman but due to a loophole can play him for the game and he sets up ex-Livi player Leigh Griffiths to score the injury-time winner that sends them doon. 

images (7) (10).jpeg

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hopefully we relegate Livi at Dens too. 

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Would be a good laugh if it had to happen, for it to be that way :D Might actually mean the season would be interesting or exciting a little bit

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

...after signing Adel Taraabt as a groundsman but due to a loophole can play him for the game and he sets up ex-Livi player Leigh Griffiths to score the injury-time winner that sends them doon. 

images (7) (10).jpeg

All whilst Livi are in Administration.