In memory of Robbie Nielson -Utd v Hearts

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Gordon kept Hearts in the game and their hammer throwers were decking themselves at every opportunity. 

Disgraceful stuff from Hearts. 

Meh. 

PowttJS.gif

Guest TheJTS98

Really good from Hearts today. Probably the best performance of the season overall. The attack will take time, but the overall shape of the side is coming on.

Got a bit deep at times in the second half, but only for short spells. Kept United at arm's length and made by far the better use of the ball. Very good and a well-deserved win.

Celtic (h), St Mirren (a), Aberdeen (h), United (a) - 10 points. That's fantastic. No easy games in there.

A good day.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Odd game, we looked by far the better team for most of it but some shocking final passes and United seemed to make a chance with every attack in the last 20 minutes without having to do much at all.

Deserved win but we could easily have dropped points if not for Gordon

I don't really think he had any great saves. The one he tipped over the bar was a good stop, but the others were all saves any competent keeper would make.

United never really troubled us in a real way.

United were flat as anything today with no press and Hearts were a better team. 

Need an improvement if the aim of splitting the old firm is maintained after this. 

3 points dropped in our quest for the title, that has to be the only loss of the season or its not happening. 

10 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I don't really think he had any great saves. The one he tipped over the bar was a good stop, but the others were all saves any competent keeper would make.

United never really troubled us in a real way.

Just because he's much better than the other goalies doesn't mean we should take him for granted.  He'd have probably saved big Gnando's goal for example.

But aye, nothing breathtaking but several good saves

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Just because he's much better than the other goalies doesn't mean we should take him for granted.  He'd have probably saved big Gnando's goal for example.

But aye, nothing breathtaking but several good saves

There's something to be said for normal saves.

I mean, if we'd had Gordon (or any semi-competent keeper) instead of Pereira in the 19-20 season, we'd have been merely shite instead of shite and relegated.

We've seen the consequences of having a keeper who doesn't make the normal saves.

24 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Gordon kept Hearts in the game and their hammer throwers were decking themselves at every opportunity. 

Meh. 

Drinking Tears GIF - Drinking Tears Drink - Discover & Share GIFs

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Easy as eating pancakes. 

Gifs and tears comments within a minute. 

Sit down lads your team paid 6 figures for Neilson. 

And how much of that was then spent on Micky Mellon?

Anyway, a deserved win given we dominated for 70 minutes but nothing to get too excited about and the final ball is still a concern. We could easily have lost an equaliser in that last 20 minutes.

I get the feeling "if it wasn't for Craig Gordon" is going to be a frequent excuse for opposition teams this season, but I'll echo the comments above that his saves were all decent but routine today. I'd rather he didn't have to make so many towards the end of the game, though.

Found the Dundee United TV commentators' attitude very bizarre. United showed next to no ambition in that first half and barely threatened at all but they were acting like they had Hearts right where they wanted us. I'd have been seething if we'd put in that performance in a home game against another Premiership team.

Hearts were the better side an deserved the win.

We we’re poor, despite a couple of excellent performances.

Not convinced it was a penalty, will want to see it again.

Our squad is pretty weak as shown by the lack of attacking options on the bench.

Regardless of penalty the referee was awful.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Meh. 

Gordon made I think 1 genuinely good save, the rest you'd expect. 

United had a 10 minute spell the whole game where they caused issues, that aside it was very comfortable.  

24 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Gordon made I think 1 genuinely good save, the rest you'd expect. 

United had a 10 minute spell the whole game where they caused issues, that aside it was very comfortable.  

Yep, the one from the corner was a good stop. I actually think all his other saves he should be catching them instead of parrying them out. But all in all he did his job fine, nothing amazing.