Worst Spin-off?

scottsdad

On 15/09/2021 at 17:32, Satans_Husband said:

After MASH was a clear example of trying to squeeze the last drop of blood out of one of the most successful TV shows of all time.

How about Joey? I notice it didn't even get a passing mention on that Friends reunion special.

Talking of special, those old enough to remember Joanie Loves Chachi can probably still taste the sick in their mouths. Although revisiting Happy Days itself makes you wonder how it ever remained successful for so long. In fact, it was pretty guff from the very beginning.

Mrs Columbo was an obscene idea that collapsed accordingly.

There were three spin offs from M*A*S*H.

you forgot Trapper John (technically a spin off from the movie and I believe W*A*L*T*E*R was a RADAR spin off

On 09/09/2021 at 10:56, FairWeatherFan said:

For good spinoffs not sure if I've seen Better Call Saul mentioned.

The Simpson was spun-off into its own show from the Tracey Ullman Show. I suppose Alan Partridge, Ali G, and Colbert Report solo stuff would count in that regard.

I've never watched it personally, but Law & Order SVU is typically rated higher than the original.

Yeah Special Victims is my least favourite Law And Order but it went on the longest. Law and Order with Lennie was good, his one liners always made me laugh, liked him in Murder She Wrote too. Criminal Intent was really good to start with but went down hill when they did Goran falling apart, never like it when they start bringing in their personal life to expose flaws in the characters.

Man About The House spin offs, Robin's Nest & George And Mildred.

I remember going to see George And Mildred with my mum and dad during our hols on a pier show in one of the seaside towns in England but can't remember where. Also went to see a Paul Daniels show, we were easily entertained back in those days.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 07/04/2023 at 00:18, LIVIFOREVER said:

I remember going to see George And Mildred with my mum and dad during our hols on a pier show in one of the seaside towns in England but can't remember where. Also went to see a Paul Daniels show, we were easily entertained back in those days.

I remember seeing Frank Carson on one of the Blackpool piers, and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Minder “the ray years“ Not a spin-off as such but felt like one but after terry left, it was named minder after terry and the programme was made for him after the sweeney finished , then when he left  my arsehole nephew took over ,and with a change of  cast of the lesser characters  of the filth threw the years Aswell ,the ray years minder should never have happened. And as for the Shane Ritchie spin off where do I start on that fs!

Edited by Arthur daley