FM22

ajwffc

Panicked a bit with recruitment for the second season for a stab at the Championship. Kept my top scorer & top assister in Adam Frizzell, Rhys McCabe will stay in the holding role and League 1 player of the season Josh Kerr stays. Second top scorer Agnew retired. Fordyce, Currie & Gallagher wanted to “explore their options” and left. Everyone else just wasn’t good enough to sustain a challenge in the second tier. Rico Quitongo wanted to leave and managed to get £22k for him. 

Signed some absolute jobbers and blew through my wage budget. Had players wanting £2.5k a week off of me then going to other teams for £500 a week which I don’t know if it’s a bug but it certainly is very frustrating. Dynamics undoubtedly has taken a hit and lost first league cup game with Hearts 1-0. Ade Azeez is now my top earner after he was top scorer in the national league. 

1 hour ago, Uniform11 said:

Panicked a bit with recruitment for the second season for a stab at the Championship. Kept my top scorer & top assister in Adam Frizzell, Rhys McCabe will stay in the holding role and League 1 player of the season Josh Kerr stays. Second top scorer Agnew retired. Fordyce, Currie & Gallagher wanted to “explore their options” and left. Everyone else just wasn’t good enough to sustain a challenge in the second tier. Rico Quitongo wanted to leave and managed to get £22k for him. 

Signed some absolute jobbers and blew through my wage budget. Had players wanting £2.5k a week off of me then going to other teams for £500 a week which I don’t know if it’s a bug but it certainly is very frustrating. Dynamics undoubtedly has taken a hit and lost first league cup game with Hearts 1-0. Ade Azeez is now my top earner after he was top scorer in the national league. 

I think it's their (clumsy) way of showing that a player isn't really that interested in joining you.  Instead of just telling you gtf, they'll put in an offer that you either can't meet, or need to go full Kevin Kyle to get to.  I'm getting it a lot with Thistle, people asking for a few hundred over the max allowed, then ending up going down to England, presumably for less money.  I never check.  They're dead to me.

On 26/10/2021 at 11:28, Tommy Carcetti said:

Started a save with Sheffield Wednesday.

Tough.

My Wednesday side are an inconsistent rabble, pumped at home to Shrewsbury before swording the unbeaten league leaders Ipswich in front of their 6 fingered bumpkin fans. Sitting 8th in October 6 points off the top playing a 3-5-2 vertical tiki taka, after a 4-4-1-1 long ball experiment wasn't working.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

I think it's their (clumsy) way of showing that a player isn't really that interested in joining you.  Instead of just telling you gtf, they'll put in an offer that you either can't meet, or need to go full Kevin Kyle to get to.  I'm getting it a lot with Thistle, people asking for a few hundred over the max allowed, then ending up going down to England, presumably for less money.  I never check.  They're dead to me.

This is it. Much like how clubs often ask you for crazy money when you enquire about players.

They used to just say that they wouldn't sell for any price, but the SI forum was full of complaints that "everyone has a price", so they changed it. These complaints made by the same folk who now complain that "the AI asks too much for players" or "the AI offers me less than what I value a player at".

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is it. Much like how clubs often ask you for crazy money when you enquire about players.

They used to just say that they wouldn't sell for any price, but the SI forum was full of complaints that "everyone has a price", so they changed it. These complaints made by the same folk who now complain that "the AI asks too much for players" or "the AI offers me less than what I value a player at".

And hilariously, it seems like this year they've reintroduced the "not for sale" option, and there's already been people complaining about it.

After arsing about with Clyde and Blackburn for pre-season just to check everythings correct with them, failing to get Scotland to the World Cup and playing up till xmas so far in a Celtic save, I've now started one with Charlton. Think it's the first time in a BETA version that I've went a team that I know fairly less about. Got a decent looking squad with some recognisable names and play offs is a minimum requirement. Only signing so far has been Calvin Bassey on loan and I'm sitting 6th after 9 games (after losing the first 2) in an extremely tight division where 4 points seperate 1st and 11th. Playing a 4231 but with 2 DMs rather than CMs.  

Now after the Ronald Koeman news I'm starting to get tempted with a Barca rebuild save 😆 Coupled with starting my usual Clyde and Blackburn ones when the full game is released, I'm going to have some dropdown list of saves already 😆

Edited by C. Muir

Just started a Newcastle save to see what like and get used to tactics etc before starting an Arbroath save. Sitting 6th after 11 games, spent the 200million you get in first window sold about 7/8 players but only brought in about 27 million from them value of the guff in the squad is terrible. FFP could make that save interesting as currently failing with euro FFP and just passing English FFP need to sell a good few players or get rid of a good player to make the 35million needed. 

Normally use genpress tactic but players are knackered after 60 minutes each game and doesn't appear to be as affective as last years. So changed it to a tika tika style and slowly getting there with that.

I originally started a save with Ayr, had a David Hopkin style first half of the season were I didn't actually win a league game until a 1-0 win over Kilmarnock in January and then proceeded to win a load of games in the second half of the season to finish 8th.

I started a game with Schalke last night, as they are in the second tier of the German league now. They have no money to spend, but I have promoted all the best and most promising young players from the second and youth teams and that squad should be okay for getting back to the Bundesliga.

I started the season with a 4-0 win over Hamburg.

Geggenpress was almost like a cheat code in previous editions, but it doesn't seem to be as effective now unless you use it in bursts. I started the Hamburg game with a 4231 Geggenpress and raced into a 2-0 lead before switching to tiki taka. 

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Anything amusing happened? 

Not much tbh, all pretty predictable.

I'm up to the summer of 2026, 5 years in.

Kilmarnock are now a yo-yo team, just finished 3rd in the Championship, their only season so far that hasn't been a promotion/relegation.

Rangers have 3 titles, Celtic 2. Hibs 3rd for the last 3 years, getting slightly closer each year. St Johnstone were 3rd the first season then sacked Davidson and were relegated 2 years later.

Ange and Gerrard still in charge at the OF. Aberdeen sacked Glass, appointed John Terry, he lasted a year and Sir Steve Clarke has just led them to 4th, their best finish in the save. Hibs sacked Ross, Derek McInnes lasted 234 days, Paul Lambert has led them to consecutive 3rd places. Craig Leven is back in charge of Hearts.

James McPake still in charge of Dundee and has led them to Europe twice.

Further down the leagues, the Championship has been won by Killie twice, St Mirren twice and Partick, who had won League 1 the year before. Falkirk have just become the 2nd side this save to be promoted via the playoffs after St Johnstone.

Hamilton, Raith, Partick, Ayr and now Morton and ICT have all spent or are spending time in the seaside leagues. Fortmartine the only non league outfit to have made it into the big time.

The national team has been poor, never made the play off for Qatar. Beaten 3-2 in Moscow in the play off for Euro 2024, a poor 3rd in WC2026 qualifying. Still in Nations league Group B, only because there's been 1 dogshit side in the group each time. Clarke resigned after 4 years and now Austrian journeyman Peter Stöger, who was without a club job since 2005 has taken over.

This must be the first time I’ve completed 2 seasons so quickly in a save. Now into the Premiership after cantering to the Championship title. Semi final of Scottish Cup, won the Challenge Cup but didn’t get out of the groups in the League Cup. My 4-5-1 still has my twin Mezzalas as top goal scorers and assisters. Had to be very experimental with recruitment. Fair to say that Ade Azeez didn’t work, so ended up with a mish mash of players released from good youth teams and loans - Edwin Andersson from Chelsea being one named in the top 50 wonderkids. Have a look at Sam McClelland who was released after season one at Chelsea in my save. The guy is colossal.

Buckling down for the assault on the Prem now. Haven’t signed anyone of note but continuing to wheel and deal. Moved a young centre mid on to Hearts for £140k which helps the coffers, and the vultures are circling for McClelland due to his £400k release clause. Money in the door is money in the door but would prefer to keep him.

For years now FMs have been falling short of reasonable expectations in terms of how they improve on previous version.

However, I think this could be the first year where it is actually worse than the year before.

That I say that even noting that the match animations are significantly better than last year's just shows how bad it is. The whole thing is such a mess.

During match XG shows up on multiple panels with different entries on each. Transfer bands a good idea but doesn't work. Newgen faces are an outright joke. New teams talks are ridiculously unrealistic. Scout reports dont make sense. Wasted screen space everywhere.

I will give it another go at full release, but there is something inherently broken and cancerous at SI. They insulate themselves from any criticisim which results in massive turdpiles like FM22. I still have 30hrs in it, but it fucking sucks.

Edited by FrankChickens1

12 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

For years now FMs have been falling short of reasonable expectations in terms of how they improve on previous version.

However, I think this could be the first year where it is actually worse than the year before.

That I say that even noting that the match animations are significantly better than last year's just shows how bad it is. The whole thing is such a mess.

During match XG shows up on multiple panels with different entries on each. Transfer bands a good idea but doesn't work. Newgen faces are an outright joke. New teams talks are ridiculously unrealistic. Scout reports dont make sense. Wasted screen space everywhere.

I will give it another go at full release, but there is something inherently broken and cancerous at SI. They insulate themselves from any criticisim which results in massive turdpiles like FM22. I still have 30hrs in it, but it fucking sucks.

I've never understood this constantly getting trotted out.  There's a difference between not taking unconstructive rants and "insulating themselves".

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I've never understood this constantly getting trotted out.  There's a difference between not taking unconstructive rants and "insulating themselves".

You cant talk though, you ruin the forums picking fights with barely literate morons and then whenever someone starts winning you just say some pish about how nobody but you understands coding. You're the single most tiresome non-mod there. 

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

You cant talk though, you ruin the forums picking fights with barely literate morons and then whenever someone starts winning you just say some pish about how nobody but you understands coding. You're the single most tiresome non-mod there. 

Well at least I'm doing something right 😘

I was going to say usually it's pretty clear the people that have these kinds of issues, but you proved it without me saying it.

Just now, forameus said:

Well at least I'm doing something right 😘

I was going to say usually it's pretty clear the people that have these kinds of issues, but you proved it without me saying it.

What kind of issues? Winning every game on a shit broken system? Or just being sick of the fact SI don't understand football? Even if you take tactics out of it, the obviously don't get football if you look at, for example, that every fan wears team kit or that each club paints half its away dressing room in the colours of the visiting club each match, specific to what kit theywear. 

Little things but symptomatic of a failure to understand football, and part of the massive dumbing down and cartoonificafion of the game World which has coincided with the rot. Bunch of absolute dweebs, as are you. 

3 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

What kind of issues? Winning every game on a shit broken system? Or just being sick of the fact SI don't understand football? Even if you take tactics out of it, the obviously don't get football if you look at, for example, that every fan wears team kit or that each club paints half its away dressing room in the colours of the visiting club each match, specific to what kit theywear. 

Little things but symptomatic of a failure to understand football, and part of the massive dumbing down and cartoonificafion of the game World which has coincided with the rot. Bunch of absolute dweebs, as are you. 

The stuff about kits is wrong, but not something I'd spend much time getting raging about.  Completely disagree about "massive dumbing down and cartoonificafion" of the game, as I'd say it's the complete opposite that is the problem.  It's an incredibly po-faced and overly serious game most of the time, and often incredibly bland if you don't make something out of it yourself.  If they did dumb it down and actually remembered to make it consistently entertaining, it'd likely be a better game.

Better watch I don't say that on the official forums though, wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of that insulation, would I?

3 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Bunch of absolute dweebs, as are you. 

Cutting.  Really is.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

Cutting.  Really is.

That loops back to my original point though. It's not like I'm desperate to fling actual abuse at them, insults of the type above are the most appropriate for the childish and pathetic mistakes they make. 

But they insulate themselves form people trying to point out the above, or just call them dweebs, never mind the Twitter morons. The forums are cancerous because of the mods.