Have a great day

The sun has disappeared. It's overcast here now.

I have A LOT of e-learning stuff to do (moving and handling, fire safety etc) and personal documents to scan and send away before the actual coursework starts.

I have worked in healthcare for nearly a decade, so I have done this kind of e-learning a million times. It's mind-numbingly boring.

36 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have A LOT of e-learning stuff to do (moving and handling, fire safety etc) and personal documents to scan and send away before the actual coursework starts.

I have worked in healthcare for nearly a decade, so I have done this kind of e-learning a million times. It's mind-numbingly boring.

In exactly the same boat after many years working in healthcare/support work and the refresher e-learning is the one thing that pisses me off about it the most.  Especially the "what have you learned from this course?" bit to which the honest answer would be "f**k all, this is the eighth time I've done one like this".

It has to be done, no getting away from it, but it is brain-blendingly tedious.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I've trying to balance an account ledger and have found £100.00 that was unaccounted for. Now I have to find the remaining ten pence that I'm out by....

Ach weel, it could be worse...

If it's my account, take the £100 for yourself. Not a problem.

2 hours ago, ParsJake said:

In exactly the same boat after many years working in healthcare/support work and the refresher e-learning is the one thing that pisses me off about it the most.  Especially the "what have you learned from this course?" bit to which the honest answer would be "f**k all, this is the eighth time I've done one like this".

It has to be done, no getting away from it, but it is brain-blendingly tedious.

Not only the repitition, but the inappropriateness (real word?) of the learning. Prison Officers receive an e-learning package for most training, including Fire Awareness which is basically a twenty minute multi-choice quiz*. I would suggest there are few ocupations (other than the obvious FRS) where you are likely to encounter, and possibly have to deal with, an actual fire. The "good old days" saw us actually tackling various types of fire, and gave graphic experience of what can happen if the wrong equipment is used. Not wanting to come over all YD, but today's youngsters rarely actually encounter fire outside of Guy Fawkes and barbecues. E-learning ain't gonna instil the respect for danger which they need.

* Which can be re-done without penalty until the appropriate pass level is reached, ffs.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I've trying to balance an account ledger and have found £100.00 that was unaccounted for. Now I have to find the remaining ten pence that I'm out by....

Ach weel, it could be worse...

It's always easier finding big amounts of money, as you say it's the 5 and 10 pences that drive you mental.

I've seen me just making them balance, tbqh. (Doesn't work if they're audited by a c/a, though.)

21 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Not only the repitition, but the inappropriateness (real word?) of the learning. Prison Officers receive an e-learning package for most training, including Fire Awareness which is basically a twenty minute multi-choice quiz*. I would suggest there are few ocupations (other than the obvious FRS) where you are likely to encounter, and possibly have to deal with, an actual fire. The "good old days" saw us actually tackling various types of fire, and gave graphic experience of what can happen if the wrong equipment is used. Not wanting to come over all YD, but today's youngsters rarely actually encounter fire outside of Guy Fawkes and barbecues. E-learning ain't gonna instil the respect for danger which they need.

* Which can be re-done without penalty until the appropriate pass level is reached, ffs.

Set one in the dangerous chemicals store the next time you're in...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma