VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just watched a clip from the Chelsea v Newcastle game at the weekend, where I believe they have a VAR checking what happens during the game. In the box a Chelsea defender has a grip of the Newcastle attacker’s shirt for a good two or three seconds and then for good measure trips him up, all without coming near to touching the ball. The VAR presumably looks at this action from three or four different angles, although you only actually need to see it once from one angle, and comes to the decision of...play on. 

During the vital Leeds v Norwich game referee gives penalty and TBF most watching in real time thought it was the correct decision. VAR is used to prove the Norwich player had stood on the Leeds defenders leg and referee correctly overturns his decision and Leeds rightly get the crucial 3 points 

I agree the Newcastle decision is ridiculous as was the decision not to award Everton a penalty against City the other week. 

Obviously you’ll still get some inexplicable f**k ups but it is beyond debate that VAR benefits referees

11 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

During the vital Leeds v Norwich game referee gives penalty and TBF most watching in real time thought it was the correct decision. VAR is used to prove the Norwich player had stood on the Leeds defenders leg and referee correctly overturns his decision and Leeds rightly get the crucial 3 points 

I agree the Newcastle decision is ridiculous as was the decision not to award Everton a penalty against City the other week. 

Obviously you’ll still get some inexplicable f**k ups but it is beyond debate that VAR benefits referees

John Beaton found

14 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

It doesn’t benefit fans.

VAR takes fucking ages too.  The game can be stopped for 3 minutes while some gimp in a room watches a reply 62 times then tells the referee 'ach I don't know, you have a look'.

57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just watched a clip from the Chelsea v Newcastle game at the weekend, where I believe they have a VAR checking what happens during the game. In the box a Chelsea defender has a grip of the Newcastle attacker’s shirt for a good two or three seconds and then for good measure trips him up, all without coming near to touching the ball. The VAR presumably looks at this action from three or four different angles, although you only actually need to see it once from one angle, and comes to the decision of...play on. 

I don’t know how that they can be paid full time to be referees, given technology to assist them and then still f**k up like that. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

VAR takes fucking ages too.  The game can be stopped for 3 minutes while some gimp in a room watches a reply 62 times then tells the referee 'ach I don't know, you have a look'.

I'd say the anticipation/what's happening factor adds to the game

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Is your experience of VAR is purely from the EPL? In other countries the system works with much more fluidity. Even at the Euros, it only appeared to "take fucking ages" in the games where English officials were involved

4 hours ago, AB1872 said:

So if Norwich were awarded that penalty they would definitely have scored it and the game definitely would have finished 1-1?

2 hours ago, bennett said:

I'd say the anticipation/what's happening factor adds to the game

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Thread title... VAR in Scottish football. 

Right. So can you elaborate further on how your experience of VAR in the Scottish game so far has been? Which SPFL/Scottish Cup/League Cup matches have you attended where VAR has been such a thrilling addition to our game?

Just now, kingjoey said:

You have to agree with whatever your club says. You have no actual personal opinion.

e31.jpg

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Right. So can you elaborate further on how your experience of VAR in the Scottish game so far has been? Which SPFL/Scottish Cup/League Cup matches have you attended where VAR has been such a thrilling addition to our game?

The thread is about the implementation of VAR in Scottish football, you've made enough posts on here to know that.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, and you said it was a thrilling experience. I'm asking you where in Scottish football this has ever happened, while noting that it has been an utter disaster in England. 

Which competition is a Scottish team playing in that uses VAR?

Answers on a postcard to the usual PO Box.

In an ideal world you would have VAR and you would have some form of large screen so that folk actually at the game could see what is being looked at.  

For obvious reasons in Scotland you don't have the second option which IMO makes it rubbish for those attending.  

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

"VAR in Scottish football".

Try again.

"Would you like to see VAR implemented in Scottish Football?"

Can you see the subtle difference?

Edited by bennett