VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree on the face of it that doesn’t sound right but how material is it? I don’t really buy into any theories of corruption or biased (although I do think they can be influenced by ‘partisan’ crowds). 

The fact that Bobby Madden has walked away doesn't help,the refs in this country are not getting the big games in Europe because they are behind and don't use VAR in domestic games.

45 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, Aberdeen received a healthy dose of shite decisions last season. 

But ultimately, did we deserve to finish 10th? 100% yes, we were awful. And of all the bad decisions we had, I don’t remember too many of those games that I feel we were actually robbed of points because we were generally useless. 

The late penalty when we were 2-1 up at ibrox and livi not having their keeper sent off for punching our player in the face when it was 0-0 are the only ones that may have really altered what we deserved. 

There was so many that you've missed the most glaring one. Ojo away at United.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That was the worst decision we got, we were still utter pish that day. 

Charlie Adam punching Ferguson in the face twice within seconds of coming on then delivering the FKs that led to their goals, was sub optimal. 

But we 100% deserved to be where we finished. 

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

What do you mean by that? What do I care whether Willie Collum does games in the CL or at the World Cup or not?

FFS, the SFA have one vote of five on the rules of the game with IFAB, we've implemented Var yet we still don't have it here we're at least two years behind.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You obviously missed the point of my earlier post. Whether a player is in an offside position is considered black or white, but there are still subjective decisions to be made relating to whether players gained an advantage by being in an offside position, and I can imagine sometimes a referee would want to have a look at things like that.

You're very persistent in saying the same thing on more than one post. I will leave it here.

Edited by kingjoey

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Dread to think how many people have watched yesterday's Match of the Day and thought "yes, this is what I want."

And another beauty a few moments ago in Brighton v Leicester.

VAR is like a weeping wart on the ballsack of crap refereeing decisions