Insulate Britain

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You can tell they are middle class wee p***ks when they do their protest at Waitrose ffs.

I just find that shite an awful waste when folk are using Foodbanks to get by.

Would love to have seen them try this at Asda robroyston or Tesco Springburn.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

"I don't think they deliberately caused the crash"

No of course they didn't. The poor family are grieving yet the mail can't wait to poke their beak into the situation to batter f**k out of anyone trying to stop the world going to shit.

If traffic jams that delay ambulances result in folk having blood on their hands I look forward to the mail's campaign about the murderous transport ministers who keep insisting on road works.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

If traffic jams that delay ambulances result in folk having blood on their hands I look forward to the mail's campaign about the murderous transport ministers who keep insisting on road works.

Traffic jams are an inevitable thing when driving but if that was someone I knew who couldn't get an ambulance to them due to people deliberately blocking a road to make a point I'd be pretty pissed off.

5 hours ago, 101 said:

"I don't think they deliberately caused the crash"

No of course they didn't. The poor family are grieving yet the mail can't wait to poke their beak into the situation to batter f**k out of anyone trying to stop the world going to shit.

Those that caused the jam through their actions should be jailed and charged

2 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Not sure how true this is buts a great idea.

I think that is already in the highway code although not sure if it's a "must"

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Those that caused the jam through their actions should be jailed and charged

Aye 51 weeks inside being the maximum term isn't really much of a deterrent and in fact probably a waste of time and money.

13 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

And so should the person that crashed into the women on the hard shoulder.

If they are found to have caused death by careless or dangerous driving then yes, I agree. And no doubt they would be, too.

If i'm not mistaken, however, the circumstances surrounding the crash are still unknown.

The same is not true, however, for the protestors on the bridge. Given there was a death attributed to an ambulance being held up in traffic a previous time these yuppies decided to block a road, it should not be hard to argue that a similar outcome resulting from their actions here was a known distinct possibility.

Jail them.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

I’m sure I read that we don’t generally do this as we have a hard shoulder but the Germans don’t.

People in the UK are absolutely terrible at moving over for emergency vehicles. So much so that the official stance is that if people arent moving out of the way you switch off lights and sirens until you can make progress. Its very simple to do, it should be part of the driving test. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

People in the UK are absolutely terrible at moving over for emergency vehicles. So much so that the official stance is that if people arent moving out of the way you switch off lights and sirens until you can make progress. Its very simple to do, it should be part of the driving test. 

Especially in Glasgow with those stupid armadillo things marking out the (usually) empty cycle lanes which render moving over impossible.