Livingston FC V Dundee United FC - Wednesday 27 October 2021

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Has anyone saying shite like this ever actually played fitba?

A straight leg tackle with studs going into the ankle/foot hurts like a motherfucker!

Uhm yes I've played plenty football mate and other sports that can involve quite hard hits to the legs. At no point did I say it wouldn't have hurt but I think he didn't need to quite do the shot by a sniper act.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Give it up, you've made a big enough tit of yourself.

I've made a tit of myself by slating Livi's absolutely barkit pitch? Win lose or draw I'd have the same comment to make. It's an complete piece of shite and shouldn't be anywhere near top league football. At least get a decent artificial pitch laid down and employ someone competent to maintain it. 

13 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've made a tit of myself by slating Livi's absolutely barkit pitch? Win lose or draw I'd have the same comment to make. It's an complete piece of shite and shouldn't be anywhere near top league football. At least get a decent artificial pitch laid down and employ someone competent to maintain it. 

If we had a grass pitch tonight's game would've been cancelled at about 7 for a big puddle in the south east corner. It's happened since we've had the stadium, only reason the game was even on was because of the plastic pitch. 

Plastic is far superior to grass in our stadium mainly due to the location of it. Bottom of a valley next to a river is a shite place for a stadium when it comes to getting games on but plastic has cut postponements down by about 80%

4 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Has anyone saying shite like this ever actually played fitba?

A straight leg tackle with studs going into the ankle/foot hurts like a motherfucker!

He stood on his foot for gawd sake. Your description is as dramatic as the scream and rolling by Glass who miraculously was ok after a team of medics ministered to him. 

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

If we had a grass pitch tonight's game would've been cancelled at about 7 for a big puddle in the south east corner. It's happened since we've had the stadium, only reason the game was even on was because of the plastic pitch. 

Plastic is far superior to grass in our stadium mainly due to the location of it. Bottom of a valley next to a river is a shite place for a stadium when it comes to getting games on but plastic has cut postponements down by about 80%

Oh I'm not doubting the plastic is the right approach here for you guys. I'm bemoaning the quality of it not the use. 

I don't have an issue with plastic as long as its quality. 

It may be strange given we played against ten men for half the game, but I am not too unhappy with a point. We weren't really at the races last night, and Livingston always made it hard for us looked a threat on the break. Our play in the second half was much too slow, and Charlie Mulgrew was resorting to pot shots from further and further out.

No complaints, we're allowed an off day. It's just as well we equalised when we did, had we not gone on at half time level it's not impossible to think we would have lost that game

Not unhappy with a point, strange decision not starting Fuchs though. 21 points from 11 is a fantastic return though and around double what I expected at the start of the seaspn. 

Hate to moan at the lad but was pretty disappointed in Freeman last night. Especially in the second half when he had loads of the ball on the touchline, his first touch was always back and to retain possession. It just slowed everything down. He was possibly under instruction to do so but would have liked to have seen him at least a couple of times take a positive first touch and swing in a cross.  It could be that Pawlett who was playing inside him wasnt showing but I thought we looked much better when Chalmers came on which forced Freeman inside and we at least had positive intent down that wing. 

Biamou made a big difference as well. Provided an option where the ball at least had a chance of sticking and an aerial threat that wasnt there previously. 

25 minutes ago, low-life said:

Not unhappy with a point, strange decision not starting Fuchs though. 21 points from 11 is a fantastic return though and around double what I expected at the start of the seaspn. 

Hate to moan at the lad but was pretty disappointed in Freeman last night. Especially in the second half when he had loads of the ball on the touchline, his first touch was always back and to retain possession. It just slowed everything down. He was possibly under instruction to do so but would have liked to have seen him at least a couple of times take a positive first touch and swing in a cross.  It could be that Pawlett who was playing inside him wasnt showing but I thought we looked much better when Chalmers came on which forced Freeman inside and we at least had positive intent down that wing. 

Biamou made a big difference as well. Provided an option where the ball at least had a chance of sticking and an aerial threat that wasnt there previously. 

Thought both full backs were uncharacteristically reticent in the second half, Freeman more so though yeah.

Thought United were were wasteful up front.But credit to Livi for restricting United to wayward shots from outside the 18 yard area.Can sometimes be frustrating playing against 10 men,last night the perfect example of that.Anybody there could see that Livi deserved a point and indeed near the end could have nicked it.Biggest laugh for me was not having to check the fun score,United fans kept us up to speed every time County scored.Fair play lads,and well done Livi.👏🦁.

Compared to the United we faced last season; this team seemed a lot less threatening however a fair bit of that may have been down to the weather.

I was generally pleased with our guys' performances; we dug in and worked as a team although why does it seem to take ten games plus into a season before we start to make that happen?

The one exception being Williamson; this was the same guy that ran around trying to kick all of the Celtic team.  If he hadn't been sent off this week he certainly would have been next week at Celtic park. As someone else said it would have been far better to have a half fit Sibbald or Jacobs out there than Williamson.

One final note- that was a pretty impressive turnout by the United support - I think somewhere between 1300 and 1400 braved the elements to come and support their team. Well done.

1 hour ago, low-life said:

I like Freeman but I noticed this at the weekend v Motherwell. He's either very limited offensively, or like you say, he's been instructed to be conservative. He certainly doesn't have an eye for a cool pass inside to the likes of Levitt or Fuchs as any time he is under pressure he opts for the long ball. I've not seen enough of Smith myself to say if he'd be better.

Oh I'm not doubting the plastic is the right approach here for you guys. I'm bemoaning the quality of it not the use. 
I don't have an issue with plastic as long as its quality. 
How many games have you played on the Livi pitch? Only people who have actually played on it know how it plays...just because it doesn't look great is hardly a reason to slate it

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Compared to the United we faced last season; this team seemed a lot less threatening however a fair bit of that may have been down to the weather.

I was generally pleased with our guys' performances; we dug in and worked as a team although why does it seem to take ten games plus into a season before we start to make that happen?

The one exception being Williamson; this was the same guy that ran around trying to kick all of the Celtic team.  If he hadn't been sent off this week he certainly would have been next week at Celtic park. As someone else said it would have been far better to have a half fit Sibbald or Jacobs out there than Williamson.

One final note- that was a pretty impressive turnout by the United support - I think somewhere between 1300 and 1400 braved the elements to come and support their team. Well done.

Just posted something that answers that on another thread.

Think this season has been like no other i've seen for injuries and illness, we played Hibs with players throwing up at HT, coming back out and Fitzwater throwing up into his shirt on the pitch, then Anderson passing out with a diabetic seizure. Replace Fitzwater with Kelly, who was carrying a rib injury from the prev game against Motherwell, and had a bench full of injured players. It was like the walking wounded giving the least wounded a place on the bench, and not really fit to play, and even our starting line up had only about 50% of the players fully fit. It was like that for a good part of the first 11 fixtures, covid and other illnesses affecting a few players too. Sibbald has had a horrible time, getting covid, the a sickness and shits virus, then a couple of injuries ending with one having to get stitches. And look at Parkes too, only just starting to get game time again, after a lengthy injury, Penrice had an op there and will have a 3 weeks recovery period, Longridge and Shinnie are just about ready to come back from injuries, Kabia was out for a lengthy spell, and Lewis is still out, Omeonga will hopefully only be out a game or 2 with concussion.

Added to that the turnover in players, and young players like Bailey taking 5 or 6 games to get up to speed. Thankfully the worst seems to be behind us now and in our last 3 games we've seen a massive improvement in the players.

14 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

No, but as Hooch said in his post above there, you're havering pish about a plastic pitch you know nothing about other than how it looks to you, having not actually played on it. I've read a few posts from fans of other teams who have played on the pitch and praised it up, fair enough some/most players and fans don't like plastic pitches, and prefer grass, but as plastic pitches go, there is nothing wrong with Livi's. 

Bored to tears about the debate on plastic pitches too, so wont go over well trodden old ground, but as ATLIS has also said, for practical and financial reasons the plastic pitch is our best option.

Funniest thing is, so far this season we've got more points on grass pitches, but will still get the same old patter of how our plastic pitch is a huge advantage to us.

When in fact, it's just called home advantage and most teams will have that regardless of what their pitch is made of, they have played on that particular pitch more than anyone else and will be more comfortable on it, know all its quirks etc, playing in front of their own fans, not travelling, and in general just being familiar and comfortable with the home surrounding.

Course as we've just seen with Dundee, home advantage doesn't always work out too well.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

17 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Good game, two decent teams.

Can't complain at the red card, Martindale is an arsehole for getting himself sent off when it was a dangerous tackle.

According to Martindale, he was going over to the lino to ask him what the red card was for, and the 4th official blocked him off, DM told him to take his hands off him, and the jumped up pr1ck got him red carded, saying he was confrontational and abusive. Martindale asked him what abusive language he'd used (as he hadn't used any), 4th official refused to tell him, saying it will be in his report.

Martindale is appealing the card, but doubt the panel will go against one of their own, even if he is a jumped up wee pr1ck that thinks having to explain himself is beneath him.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER