Rate the Teams

1. Rangers (1-1) - apparently one of their better performances of the season, we really struggled against them in the first half and they had enough chances to win the game before we came back into it.

2. Celtic (2-1) - dominated possession and territory but were pretty toothless and vulnerable at the back. Clearly improved since and if the League Cup game counted they'd be top of this list.

3. Aberdeen (1-1) - our game against them was a bit of a midfield battle with few clear chances. They looked decent and finished the game strongly. 

4. Hibs (0-0) - I think we had most of the play against them but they still looked dangerous and chance-wise it was about even.

5. Ross County (2-2) - a bit of an odd game to judge on because it's the only one where we deviated from our 3-4-3 in favour of an ultra-attacking formation and it didn't work. Regardless, they created good chances and were probably worthy of their draw.

6. St Johnstone (1-1) - pressed us well in the first half hour but fell away as an attacking threat after that. Seemed reasonably solid defensively.

7. Motherwell (2-0) - hard to judge because we were 2-0 up after 20 minutes and if we hadn't missed a penalty we might have pumped them, but I thought they came back into the game well in the second half and created a few chances.

8. Dundee (1-1) - nothing particularly impressive but they've got some dangerous players and took their chance when it came. 

9. Dundee United (2-0) - really poor against us aside from a spell in the second half where they got a few shots on target from range. Seems like it was an off-day for them based on subsequent results.

10. St Mirren (2-1) - I don't think either team had really come into their own when we played. Had some pressure in the second half but didn't create much.

11. Livingston (3-0) - the worst by miles. I think they had one (very weak) shot in the game and we're well beaten.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

1. Hibs

2. St Johnstone 

3. Them 

4. Hearts

5. St Mirren 

6. Dundee

7. Livingston 

8. Dundee United 

9. Motherwell 

10. Aberdeen 

11.  Ross County

Based on their game against you, you've put Dundee United at 8 after they absolutely dominated you, below Livingston who you scudded?

Cool

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

1. Hibs

2. St Johnstone 

3. Them 

4. Hearts

5. St Mirren 

6. Dundee

7. Livingston 

8. Dundee United 

9. Motherwell 

10. Aberdeen 

11.  Ross County

Three of the four teams who’ve taken points off you in the bottom four. It’s no Rate the Ref.

37 minutes ago, bennett said:

1. Hibs

2. St Johnstone 

3. Them 

4. Hearts

5. St Mirren 

6. Dundee

7. Livingston 

8. Dundee United 

9. Motherwell 

10. Aberdeen 

11.  Ross County

See that’s a better troll than earlier. Keep up the good work. 

51 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Three of the four teams who’ve taken points off you in the bottom four. It’s no Rate the Ref.

I've rated how the teams played against us, Hibs played the best attacking football and that's why I rated them 1st.

St Mirren are fairly high up because they put us to the sword and ripped us apart for a good part of the game.

The teams who were cynical and negative are lower.

Interesting question. Each team we've faced this season in the league have caused us problems. I also find it hard to ignore their overall performances, but if we are basing it on displays in their matches against us alone, I'd go with:

1. Celtic - controlled the majority of the ball and talent wise the best side we've faced for obvious reasons. Missed a sitter and defence looked shaky but not a lot in it at all
  2. Aberdeen - looked well organised, very dogged and pressed very well in the first half. Allowed us to knock the ball side to side without any concerns and always had a good out ball if we over-committed. We rarely threatened them seriously.
  3. Hibs - this is possibly controversial having them above teams that have taken points off us, but prior to their sending off Hibs were worthy of their lead and looked very at ease. Even after going down to 10 they never really made it that easy for us.
  4. Dundee - my second potentially controversial point, but I thought Dundee were more worthy of taking points off us than their city neighbours. They created chance after chance in the first half particularly and I felt they could've and probably should've grabbed another couple of goals
  5. Dundee Utd - Never allowed us to get going at all and smothered us all over the park. 
  6. Hearts - left Ibrox with a point but felt we overran them in the first half and should've been 2 or 3 to the good before the late equaliser. No doubt they improved after the break and created a couple of really good chances but I felt they were missing something and we really should've won handsomely
  7. Motherwell - Similar to the above really, another case where we really should've been out of sight before their equaliser
  8. St Mirren - I feel quite harsh having St Mirren this low given their opening half hour against us. Completely worthy of their lead but then seemed to completely drop off and let us do what we wanted for the next 60 odd minutes.
  9. St Johnstone - Probably the team that has limited our play most effectively this season in terms of creating chances so it may seem harsh having them 9th but they didn't look very threatening and seemed to do much less with the ball than some other teams
  10. Ross County - Scored twice but ultimately conceded 4 and it could've been a few more
  11. Livingston - visited Ibrox with a plan to hold out for as long as they could and never really offered much going forward. Maybe they were hindered by a slight fear factor carrying over from our form last season that teams we've played more recently haven't had to worry about
Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The worrying thing for Aberdeen is I don’t think anyone has been that impressive against us. And yet…

I'd look like I'm at it if I put County at the top but they wouldn't be far off it.

Didn't see St Johnstone or Motherwell. Felt we were better than St Mirren until the red 

Edited by Merkland Red

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Interesting question. Each team we've faced this season in the league have caused us problems. I also find it hard to ignore their overall performances, but if we are basing it on displays in their matches against us alone, I'd go with:

1. Celtic - controlled the majority of the ball and talent wise the best side we've faced for obvious reasons. Missed a sitter and defence looked shaky but not a lot in it at all
  2. Aberdeen - looked well organised, very dogged and pressed very well in the first half. Allowed us to knock the ball side to side without any concerns and always had a good out ball if we over-committed. We rarely threatened them seriously.
  3. Hibs - this is possibly controversial having them above teams that have taken points off us, but prior to their sending off Hibs were worthy of their lead and looked very at ease. Even after going down to 10 they never really made it that easy for us.
  4. Dundee - my second potentially controversial point, but I thought Dundee were more worthy of taking points off us than their city neighbours. They created chance after chance in the first half particularly and I felt they could've and probably should've grabbed another couple of goals
  5. Dundee Utd - Never allowed us to get going at all and smothered us all over the park. 
  6. Hearts - left Ibrox with a point but felt we overran them in the first half and should've been 2 or 3 to the good before the late equaliser. No doubt they improved after the break and created a couple of really good chances but I felt they were missing something and we really should've won handsomely
  7. Motherwell - Similar to the above really, another case where we really should've been out of sight before their equaliser
  8. St Mirren - I feel quite harsh having St Mirren this low given their opening half hour against us. Completely worthy of their lead but then seemed to completely drop off and let us do what we wanted for the next 60 odd minutes.
  9. St Johnstone - Probably the team that has limited our play most effectively this season in terms of creating chances so it may seem harsh having them 9th but they didn't look very threatening and seemed to do much less with the ball than some other teams
  10. Ross County - Scored twice but ultimately conceded 4 and it could've been a few more
  11. Livingston - visited Ibrox with a plan to hold out for as long as they could and never really offered much going forward. Maybe they were hindered by a slight fear factor carrying over from our form last season that teams we've played more recently haven't had to worry about

Think we were more hindered by having a team decimated by illness and injuries. No coincidence it's just our last 3 games we've picked up some decent form, i mean against Hibs we had players throwing up and passing out o the pitch, hard to grade a team when illness is affecting the players as they're playing, and yet they still played because even the ones on the bench were carrying injuries. Course every team will have their sob story of injuries, however it was just ridiculous at Livi for a good part of the first quarter.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd look like I'm at it if I put County at the top but they wouldn't be far off it.

Didn't see St Johnstone or Motherwell. Felt we were better than St Mirren until the red 

St Johnstone would possibly be bottom for me, didn’t think they were up to much at all at pittodrie. 

Wouldn’t have county top but definitely above st Johnstone, livi, Dundee, Dundee United and hibs.