Euro 2022

Christophe

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I feel like Sweden could play until Aug and not score. Nothing is getting by big Bright and Earps

I hope she's nicknamed Wyatt.

I take your point about Sweden scoring but I am sure they have a goal in them.  The bigger worry is England getting in behind them down the flanks.  I can see England scoring at least one more.

England have been the better team since they scored, although I felt Bronze was fortunate not to concede a penalty when she lost the ball on the halfway line, chased the Swedish player into the box and gave her a wee shove in the back, but she stayed on her feet instead of going down like a shoal of herring.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

England have been the better team since they scored, although I felt Bronze was fortunate not to concede a penalty when she lost the ball on the halfway line, chased the Swedish player into the box and gave her a wee shove in the back, but she stayed on her feet instead of going down like a shoal of herring.

My eldest was here today for an essay-writing tutorial and brought a jar of her maw's pickled herring -  which I've just had with some cheese and crispbread and a cold beer.

Better Swedish fare than their 'fotboll' lassies are serving up...

Edited by The_Kincardine

5 minutes ago, supermik said:

Did they just say that the Swedish sub was playing her 230th game? How many international games do the women play each season?

Gemma Fay played over 200 times for Scotland but her international career lasted 20 years.