Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Dom 'Dom' Thomas is a gubbins sand-dancer and your club's failure to see that fact contributes to your current predicament. 

Surprising and welcome result though I can't honestly take satisfaction from a result that will prop up this management team. Happy for Ugwu to continue marking his return to fitness with another goal, though I think we'll need to make the most of the spells when he is fit.

That was pretty much a must-win game for us to avoid being cut adrift and we've managed that. As for Dunfermline, I did say that Peter Grant's departure might not be the solution to the club's problems* and that result bears it out. Obviously he should have been sacked for building the current squad, but a lot of people seemed to think that there was some Ajax '95 outfit that only the useless manager was holding back from a promotion challenge. It's just an unbalanced mess. 

Yup, maybe now folk will stop saying we have a good squad. 

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Special mention to Kennedy, for being a weak wee shitehawk who is massively overrated and does very little. Perhaps if he learned how to make a pass after beating a couple of guys he could be a player. Until then, he is not.

Thanks for saving me from typing that. 

That’s obviously a big result for us and a slap in the coupon for the  Pars, but in the grand scheme of things  Ayr in 6th place are only 6 points ahead of Dunfermline, with 69 points still to play for.

Any of those 5 teams - half the league - could easily end up in the bottom 2 places, given a poor run, and if, IF, Dunfermline break with tradition and appoint the right guy it’ll be game on for all of us.

Please make a mess of it - again.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Thanks for saving me from typing that. 

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it. I keep hearing about what a talent he is and how he has great potential. Aside from the game for Inverness at Palmerston last season on TV, he's done nothing when I've seen him for Inverness, Raith or us.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Man. That's hard to take, thought we were alright but Morton took what they created. Fair fucks.

You must be kidding? We were absolutely dreadful and lost 3-1 to a terrible Morton side. That was arguably a worse result than anything Grant managed.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup, maybe now folk will stop saying we have a good squad. 

Correct, I will now cease and desist with that rotten "good squad" patter. Hands up, I was guilty of it.

We have a team of charlatans that don't care. 

We have to be happy with a 9th place finish this season if we can have as good a season as that. 

Imagine looking at our squad and thinking Dom Thomas is even in the top 20 of things wrong with it.

He shoots too often and his final ball isn’t always the best but he is comfortably our best player. Taking him off before Dow or Kennedy was utter lunacy if he wasn’t injured.

Winning a game and scoring three goals away from home. Incredible.

The difference in this team with Ugwu in it is something else. There are still glaring flaws throughout the side that are inevitably keeping us in the relegation battle, but we can actually create chances with him as a focal point and every other creative player improves for having him there. Ledger coming on made a significant difference as well, that was tremendous work before the corner for the second.

How did Connolly not get sent off for the penalty? I've never seen that donkey have a good game.

8 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Correct, I will now cease and desist with that rotten "good squad" patter. Hands up, I was guilty of it.

We have a team of charlatans that don't care. 

We have to be happy with a 9th place finish this season if we can have as good a season as that. 

We definitely have some good players, but as others have said, the squad is unbalanced, and also padded out with dross.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Imagine looking at our squad and thinking Dom Thomas is even in the top 20 of things wrong with it.

He shoots too often and his final ball isn’t always the best but he is comfortably our best player. Taking him off before Dow or Kennedy was utter lunacy if he wasn’t injured.

Dom should get himself firmly on the transfer list in January if he has any ambition left in him. 

I dont think being comfortably our best player is a great selling point but I wish him well in the window. 

48 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Difference in us with gozie in is night and day. 

Having Mcantee At CB allows us to play higher up the pitch than with McLean and no surprise we had more control of the second half. 

I have to admit that while I don't want to see Morton players going off injured, I was pleased to see Ledger replacing McLean.