Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…

Based on the ticket arrangements for the Arbroath game, I’m going to presume paying at the gate will be fine. £20, I presume? Since there’s no mention of cost.
Accies folks, I’m driving through, where’s best to park up?

As for the XI, I’d opt for this:
. MacDonald
RT Lang Berra Frankie
Mathews Spencer
Connelly. Ross. Zanatta
Matej (it’ll be Varian though)

17 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Rovers to win comfortably. We already have Fulton, Popescu, Want, Spence, Martin, Winter and Templeton out injured and MacDonald and Hamilton off injured last week.

If we have to go with a back 4 of Mathieson, Stirling, Easton and Munro we will get hammered.

9 players out injured again.  Really really sick of this shite.  That's been two years of this pish.

9 players out injured again.  Really really sick of this shite.  That's been two years of this pish.
Sometimes you can't help but feel your luck is against you compared to other clubs. Over the last decade I'm pretty sure we've had an absurd number of ruptures (ACL and Achillies). There's been at least ten I can think of off the top of my head and probably more I've forgotten. It's hugely frustrating seeing other clubs cruise through games with the same squad week in week out while your team has 3 senior players on the bench and start with players out of position.

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Based on the ticket arrangements for the Arbroath game, I’m going to presume paying at the gate will be fine. £20, I presume? Since there’s no mention of cost.

. MacDonald
RT Lang Berra Frankie
Mathews Spencer
Connelly. Ross. Zanatta

There will be online tickets available as well as PATG.

I would park in large car park on Caird Street opposite Mecca bingo. 5 min walk from the ground and much easier to get out of than the underground option.

There will be online tickets available as well as PATG.
I would park in large car park on Caird Street opposite Mecca bingo. 5 min walk from the ground and much easier to get out of than the underground option.

Nice one, cheers!

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

. MacDonald
RT Lang Berra Frankie
Mathews Spencer
Connelly. Ross. Zanatta

Horrible idea to keep Frankie at LB if Dick is healthy…not sure it’s great if he isn’t after last week where he didn’t add much wide.

MacDonald

Tumilty/Bene/Berra/Dick

Musonda

Matthews/Spencer

Connolly/Varian/Ross

Thinking: Tait could use a breather and hasn’t been highly effective, drop Musonda into that DM role…Zanatta, I’d like to see off the bench at the 60-65’ mark as he’s been a little less effective recently, and would really get the wind up the opponents coming on fresh at that point…option to play Bene at LCH and keep Lang at RCH if Berra is judged to want a rest…Varian has done the dirty work well, and Pops coming on with Zanatta late would also be a nice touch.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

MacDonald

Tumilty, Berra, Benedictus, Dick

Matthews, Spencer

Zanatta, Tait, Connolly

Varian

(Assuming Benedictus and Dick are back).

Dropping Lang for bene who has just returned from injury is a bit unjust on Lang considering how well he’s played coming into the defence

41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

MacDonald

Tumilty, Berra, Benedictus, Dick

Matthews, Spencer

Zanatta, Tait, Connolly

Varian

(Assuming Benedictus and Dick are back).

This team for me as well. Lang was outstanding against Ayr but I’m surprised anyone watched the game against QOS and thought he played particularly well. Of course, everyone is allowed a poor game but when you are trying to keep the club captain (who was in good form himself) out the team you probably need to be on the top of your game every week.

There is also the possibility that McGlynn drops Tait from the line up above and keeps Lang in and goes for a 3-4-3 but I think the line up above and formation is our best bet.

I really like Ethan Ross and he’ll go on to be a big player for us but I’m not sold on him in the central position and Ross, Zanatta and Connolly together as a 3 probably lacks the solidity we need away from home. Tough call on which of the 3 to leave out but I think Connolly and Zanatta have done more to hang on to their places so far.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Horrible idea to keep Frankie at LB if Dick is healthy

Tx speaking sense.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Thinking: Tait could use a breather and hasn’t been highly effective, drop Musonda into that DM role…Zanatta, I’d like to see off the bench at the 60-65’ mark as he’s been a little less effective recently, and would really get the wind up the opponents coming on fresh at that point…option to play Bene at LCH and keep Lang at RCH if Berra is judged to want a rest…Varian has done the dirty work well, and Pops coming on with Zanatta late would also be a nice touch.

Tx slavering shite.

20 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Him and Danny Smith arrived at Stark's Park in the summer of 1999 with a five year plan to establish Rovers in the SPL, as it was then. Three years into their plan we'd been relegated to Division Two.

You missed out a certain Mr Short who I believe was the main man with Smith and McGowan a front

Talk of resting players is madness. We need to keep our strongest XI on the pitch and that includes Tait, Zanatta and especially Berra. 

I’m not sure it automatically includes Tait. Where we might have an issue is I imagine McGlynn will be trying to persuade Hibs that he should stay the whole season to play first-team football but if playing the 4-2-3-1 of recent weeks, do we really think he should play in the 2 rather than Spencer/Matthews, or replace Ethan Ross in the three behind the striker?

Factor in his current form and I think he could do with a week or two on the bench.

On the game itself, I had this down as a home win to be honest, just feel like the defeat is coming with our last two away performances. But the talk of Hamilton injuries has given me some hope. Accies have beaten ICT at home already this season though and Arbroath needed an injury-time equaliser on Saturday so it won’t be easy.

5 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

This team for me as well. Lang was outstanding against Ayr but I’m surprised anyone watched the game against QOS and thought he played particularly well. Of course, everyone is allowed a poor game but when you are trying to keep the club captain (who was in good form himself) out the team you probably need to be on the top of your game every week.

There is also the possibility that McGlynn drops Tait from the line up above and keeps Lang in and goes for a 3-4-3 but I think the line up above and formation is our best bet.

I really like Ethan Ross and he’ll go on to be a big player for us but I’m not sold on him in the central position and Ross, Zanatta and Connolly together as a 3 probably lacks the solidity we need away from home. Tough call on which of the 3 to leave out but I think Connolly and Zanatta have done more to hang on to their places so far.

Yeah agree with all this. I'm not convinced by Ross in that role either and I'd prefer us to use Tait there while we still have him. 

Ross will get his chance out wide eventually but at the moment Connolly and Zanatta are pretty much undroppable.