Hibs v Rangers Wednesday 1st December

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Because he admitted that he’d want it if it was for his own team but then goes on to say he doesn’t think it is a penalty. The very definition of a contradiction.

Have you ever watched a game of football? Fans, managers and players claim for decisions they know are wrong umpteen times a game.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Have you ever watched a game of football? Fans, managers and players claim for decisions they know are wrong umpteen times a game.

Of course they do. But to then come out after the match having watched the incident back and admit they’d want it given for them but not for the opposition I just found a bit funny. That is all.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Of course they do. But to then come out after the match having watched the incident back and admit they’d want it given for them but not for the opposition I just found a bit funny. That is all.

Can't imagine why a manager would want a late penalty given in their favour.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Can't imagine why a manager would want a late penalty given in their favour.

Of course, they all do. But coming out after a match, saying it’s not a foul and still saying you’d want it yourself just makes you look a bit silly, in my opinion.

Just now, AJF said:

It was your description of the decision being marginal which Ross alluded to as well, calling it a 50/50 decision.

Personally I think it's a pen. Not a stonewaller but can't complain. But equally you do "see those not given." Calling it 50/50 is not to be taken literally imo as it's just generic manager speak. As, I suppose, was me calling it marginal because I guess mathematically it's not lol. Your dedication to linguistic exactness is admirable 

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Personally I think it's a pen. Not a stonewaller but can't complain. But equally you do "see those not given." Calling it 50/50 is not to be taken literally imo as it's just generic manager speak. As, I suppose, was me calling it marginal because I guess mathematically it's not lol. Your dedication to linguistic exactness is admirable 

Fair comment, I’ll reign it in 😂

Just now, Merkland Red said:

AJF nonsense aside, no idea why Porteous is even in that position to give away the pen. Didn't need to get involved but seems to make a mistake like that every other week.

Complete bullshit.......

Some weeks he is suspended.

The Office Jim GIF

56 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Oh, and this might sound like sour grapes (not about the pen, he got that right) but Beaton made a number of baffling decisions all evening, and all appeared to be to the benefit of one side.

Funny old game, eh?

He only spoke to Porteous for his second act of simulation. That had to be a Yellow!

Newell , a player I rate highly, committed numerous fouls yet wasn’t booked

Ive never seen a player react as McGinn did at the penalty and not be booked. He was booked shortly after

Rightly or wrongly most players are booked for penalties like that

Cheating Beaton , so named after his horrific performance in the 3-2 Hibs win at Ibrox a few years back, is not my favourite by any stretch but I thought he let a lot go tonight , for both teams, which is fair enough 

I’d be more worried about a daft young centre back who repeatedly sells the jerseys and a manager that defends the indefensible. It does you no favours 

55 minutes ago, G51 said:

Porteous’s patter was funny post-cup semi, no doubt about it.

Would be a waste of potential if all he has to show for his career when he hangs them up is winding up some Rangers fans though. 

He has good physical attributes, but he hasn’t changed as a player for years now. Just doesn’t seem to have the mental ability to kick on, for whatever reason.

You’ve given the exact reason right there.

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, tazz1903 said:

Is there a Fucking league in the WORLD  where a club gets so much penalties ? 

In the league Hearts have had 6 this season, Hibs and us 4, Celtic 3

last season Hibs and ourselves 9, Celtic and Aberdeen 7

The season before Hamilton 7, Kilmarnock 6 Celtic 5 us 3

Considering we spend far more time in the opponents box I find it strange we’ve had so few penalties. 

Just now, AB1872 said:

In the league Hearts have had 6 this season, Hibs and us 4, Celtic 3

last season Hibs and ourselves 9, Celtic and Aberdeen 7

These numbers are proof of a pro-Hibs refereeing conspiracy.

Either that, or they’re proof that Martin Boyle is a diving b*****d.

It took until the 3rd camera angle before I believed it was a legit penalty, but indeed it was (though I will say the angle that concluded this for me was the opposite side from where Beaton saw it). Pretty much was written in the stars for Porteous to do something like that tonight.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee