Air-da-ree v Kyoo Pee

42 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

For having the temerity to dance past the QP players? I certainly didn't see him acting in a manner that would justify calling him a wee shite. I've not seen that from him all season in fact.

Nah, he didn't dance past anyone. Niggly fouls, complaining constantly, falling over. Aggressive attitude. Basically being a wee shite.

31 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Nah, he didn't dance past anyone. 

https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv2122/291221/airdrieonians-vs-queen's-park

2.02, 2.17, 2.36 on the highlights. 

Fell over when fouled and I think you're seeing things if you think he was complaining or committing fouls (not one of the 6 yellow cards flashed went in his direction). 

I get it though, you have an irrational dislike of him but that sounds like a you problem.

Maybe concentrate on why your full time side with players on decent wages are not sitting top of the table.

51 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Maybe concentrate on why your poundshop Gretna side with players on idiotic wages for their ability level are not sitting anywhere near the top of the table.

FTFY

Edited by cb_diamond

After having a good 24 hours to process that game, I’ve drawn a few conclusions. 

1) Airdrie seem to be returning to their previous form after some recent bumps. The football was good and sharp with plenty of movement. Queen’s Park (reserves) couldn’t really contain us at all in the first half and it seemed dead certain that an Airdrie goal was going to come at one point. 

2) I’ve seen Queen’s Park 3 times this season and not once have I been that impressed with them. They have some big players who carry a threat at set pieces but apart from that, there’s no real style of play in my eyes. A decent team nonetheless but I’ve seen far better football from the likes of east fife and Dumbarton this year. A team I can see in the championship in 2/3 years tbh. 

3) Airdrie too had a pretty depleted  squad yesterday. We have no real left back, centre half partnership or strike force and a very weak bench. Still, nowhere near as depleted as the supposed Queens Park reserves team that was out 😂

16 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes these are good points and worth remembering. I certainly didn't set my expectations any higher than where we are, and was happy to settle for a goodish season of building the foundations of a new club rather than promotion this season. Perhaps also it's impatience on my part, and I really don't want to turn on Ellis, but we have a talented and experienced team that likes to play out from the back, easy on the eye knocking it about, but really have looked painfully short of any threat up front all season, and quite a few 'stars' under-performing. The stats show our goal difference is very good, yet our win rate is very disappointing. If it's going to work out longer term then we need to see a real change in form. I don't believe Cove or Montrose have more resource at their current disposal than QP.

form.JPG

So in summary, we are good in all areas but let down badly in attack. Many of us have said similar for a while now. Which is why it seems ridiculous to keep blaming the coach for a supposedly failed team when the reality is that most of our draws would have been wins had we a striker like Goodwillie or MacAllister. Simple as that.

I’ve no idea who the target will be in January, but who would have thought we’d be bringing in a highly thought-of development director from Holland. That’s just part of the challenge though. Trimming the payroll is needed.