Arbroath v Morton - 18th December

11 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Mate, move closer to the action. You’d have seen the lot emoji1145.png

By the time I got back from the toilet that end was packed and I still wouldn't have seen who scored because there always seems to be a couple of big lads who stand in front of me. Not always the same lads by the way :-)

It's utterly ridiculous that game was completed yesterday. Not because the conditions had an impact on the result or was responsible for our usual, atrocious defending, but because professional football is a spectator sport and there was literally f**k all to see for the sum of £19.

Arbroath fans won't be too bothered though with an excellent result. The gulf between the teams in the league only further underlines just how badly run the visiting club is at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's utterly ridiculous that game was completed yesterday. Not because the conditions had an impact on the result or was responsible for our usual, atrocious defending, but because professional football is a spectator sport and there was literally f**k all to see for the sum of £19.

Arbroath fans won't be too bothered though with an excellent result. The gulf between the teams in the league only further underlines just how badly run the visiting club is at the moment. 

I thought Morton were pretty decent yesterday and probably deserved at least a draw. Played nice passing football and kept the ball on the deck more than we did. Certainly better than some other teams we’ve played this season. You (and Ayr) have scored more goals against us this season (3) than anyone else so that’s something. Looking forward to seeing the highlights and how you never managed to score when it looked like a certain goal. 

Even though I’ve seen a few games played and completed in worse fog than that, it must have been very, very close to being abandoned. I think the fact that the linesman could see the full width of the pitch, and that it wasn’t deteriorating, meant the officials were happy to play to a finish. We could also see both goalmouths from the side although in the first half it was difficult to make out the other end from behind the goals.

It was quite funny that the Morton fans didn’t realise they’d scored for a few seconds until they heard the players and bench celebrate.

Edited by Tattie36

If you had moved round to the terracing beside the stand or in the stand you probably would have seen more. Didn't have a problem seeing the action from the side of the pitch.

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:
6 hours ago, virginton said:

If you had moved round to the terracing beside the stand or in the stand you probably would have seen more. Didn't have a problem seeing the action from the side of the pitch.

Dunno like I didn’t even see Morton’s goal.

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:
6 hours ago, virginton said:

I was on the terracing round the side and didn't see our goal: I only realised we'd scored when I saw the players celebrating.

I'm surprised at how many Arbroath fans are saying we looked decent or even that we were the better team. Admittedly there were areas of the pitch I couldn't see at various points, but there was never any danger that Morton were winning that game, at both 0-0 and 1-1 there was only one team who looked like scoring. At 2-1 the game was effortlessly seen out by the side who'd controlled the game throughout.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I was on the terracing round the side and didn't see our goal: I only realised we'd scored when I saw the players celebrating.

I'm surprised at how many Arbroath fans are saying we looked decent or even that we were the better team. Admittedly there were areas of the pitch I couldn't see at various points, but there was never any danger that Morton were winning that game, at both 0-0 and 1-1 there was only one team who looked like scoring. At 2-1 the game was effortlessly seen out by the side who'd controlled the game throughout.

Your highlights package (which show zero of us apart from the goals) shows you had a few chances and could have won it. Most we’ve struggled at home in a while. Usually create so much at home but I can’t really think of anything other than a Bobby shot early on and a Stewart shot in the second half 

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Don’t agree with this. I know when your team are in the doldrums that it’s easy to be ultra critical of everything but I genuinely thought you gave us a much sterner test than pretty much any other side in the division, apart from Raith.

Aside from the goals, we never had any clear cut attempts at all. Normally we are relentless and create chance after chance so it was nice to be more ruthless for a change. Morton definitely had better goal scoring chances and it certainly felt to me that you had every chance of taking something from the game, even at 2-1. It certainly didn’t feel like we closed out the game effortlessly, the relief from the players and fans at the end was palpable.

I was at the side and saw your goal, maybe I have better eyesight 😉

Even although we had the better of the game I never believed we were going to take anything from the game. Whether it's bad luck or lack a lack of quality or resiliency we just don't look like taking anything from games just now.

Fair play to Arbroath. Grinding out a result when not playing well. They're having a fantastic season. Would love to see them win it.