Kilmarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Why do you watch Rangers TV? Is it do with the half and half scarves?

I work in South Ayrshire. Every ayr fan i deal with has a big team they really support….

I’m sure they all have subscription to Rangers TV

Very happy with this if it comes off. Given that there at first seemed to be no standout candidate following the Ross refusal, it certainly looks like the best-possible appointment. I didn't think he would be one of the candidates given the drop down to the Championship - but I'm happy to have him since he's got experience of winning this division, won't take any nonsense from the players and never seemed to lose a game at RP while at Aberdeen. Let's see what the morning brings.

People can knock McInnes all they like but that’s an outstanding appointment. 
If it was so easy to string together that run of 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th (think Aberdeen might have caught Motherwell for that last 4th tbh) then why has no manager at Aberdeen/hearts/Hibs done so in the last 30 years except him. 

The next big question facing Kilmarnock is, are they now the place where previously considered quality managers go to ruin their reputations?

Big job for McInnes but a top appointment from Kilmarnock.

With all due respect to Kilmarnock, I am astonished that he is dropping down to the Championship, even if he fancies his chances of getting them promoted this season. Would this possibly suggest that he hasn't had as much interest from England as he was expecting after leaving us? It was reported that he applied for the Ipswich job last month but was overlooked. Maybe there's an element of him just not wanting to be out of the game for too long. 

On paper, a very good appointment for Kilmarnock, but feels quite high risk (potentially also high reward) for McInnes. 

I’m sure he’s looked at what Clarke achieved- the Scotland manager’s job based entirely how he performed at Killie. I don’t mind us being a stepping stone, if he gets a decent budget in January I can absolutely see him turning this season round. 

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

With all due respect to Kilmarnock, I am astonished that he is dropping down to the Championship, even if he fancies his chances of getting them promoted this season. Would this possibly suggest that he hasn't had as much interest from England as he was expecting after leaving us?

I'd say this is a good appointment for both Killie and McInnes.  He's possibly still tainted by his spell at Bristol City south of the border, hence the lack of interest there.  North of the border he was never going to be seriously in the frame for OF level jobs with these clubs having higher aspirations.

To maintain his position at the next level down in Scotland, the options outside of Aberdeen were Hearts, Hibs and maybe Dundee United - but there's no immediate vacancies there and Hibs clearly looked elsewhere; every picture telling a story as they say.

That leaves the next level of club in Scotland for McInnes to turn to and try and resurrect his career/reputation - ie looking at the likes of Motherwell, Dundee, St Johnstone, Killie and maybe St Mirren.  Again, no obvious vacancies appearing there (well maybe at Perth if results don't improve) so out of that group Killie (even in the Championship) is a reasonable strategy for McInnes, and of course he gets to try to build a team somewhat out of the full glare of the top league limelight.

Even if he doesn't get Killie out of the Championship this season (ICT will give them a run for it I'd say), I'm sure he'll get another season at it on the basis of ..... well, he took on a squad that someone else put together etc etc.

Just wish the Rugby Park board had waited another week - as Queens will be on the wrong end of yet another new manager bounce this weekend - on top of our other woes.