Pars vs Arbroath, 26th December

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Extend the season? 

Don't think they can due to how short the gap is between the end of this and start of the new one, especially with the World Cup next year.

I suppose an extra midweek game four times, spread throughout the rest of the season, would be feasible, but only if there are no other games called off. Preferable to no fans at games certainly.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The majority have done everything they’ve asked for by getting vaccinated and wearing masks and this is how we are being treated. I’m totally scunnered by it all 

Carrying the can for the absolute moon-howlers refusing to get vaccinated. Extremely unfair. 

Who’s taking one for the team? No restrictions for life events, so if someone gets married on the pitch at half time, we can all go to the game!

Alternatively, we could have one of those divorce parties the club advertised before… anybody willing to take one for the team?

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Who’s taking one for the team? No restrictions for life events, so if someone gets married on the pitch at half time, we can all go to the game!

Alternatively, we could have one of those divorce parties the club advertised before… anybody willing to take one for the team?

Il bring cheese and wine 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Carrying the can for the absolute moon-howlers refusing to get vaccinated. Extremely unfair. 

Give it a rest man. There are 37 people in the entire country in an ICU bed after a positive test, a country of 5.5 million people. Vaccines do not stop it spreading. Healthy young people who have already had Covid having vaccines they do not need would make zero difference to any of this. This is down to politicians and politicians only. 

Give it a rest man. There are 37 people in the entire country in an ICU bed after a positive test, a country of 5.5 million people. Vaccines do not stop it spreading. Healthy young people who have already had Covid having vaccines they do not need would make zero difference to any of this. This is down to politicians and politicians only. 

Please let’s not have this debate here.

12 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Please let’s not have this debate here.

Trust me it’s the last thing I want but it’s scary to see a view like moon howlers widely accepted by a lot of people 

If you feel like you’ve been conned then fair enough but you can’t blame it on people who have not taken a vaccine that they do not need. People who wouldn’t end up anywhere near a hospital after catching it. At this stage I do not know a single person who has not had it and that was in the summer when it was more severe than this new omicron variant.

Bad flu for some, mild for the majority and a lot of people didn’t even know they had it. 95% of the UK are supposed to have antibodies (ONS) from prior infection and vaccines with the vast majority of the vulnerable population vaccinated.

The only people to blame are politicians. That’s just a fact. Totally unacceptable to be putting restrictions in place again with 37 people in the entire country in ICU after testing positive. It’s unacceptable anyway, it’s not down to the public to protect the NHS. They’re there to look after us, either they need proper funding or a total overhaul or both. How much money has been wasted throughout this that could’ve done that? 2 years down the line now.

Stop blaming ordinary folk who are capable of making their own decisions and just want to be left alone to live their lives 

4 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

F**k sturgeon

Politics should be left out of the fitba forums - there’s a specific section for that. However, I’m as pissed off and scunnered as anyone with the latest restrictions and do think it’s a bit OTT but to act as if she is some killjoy, tyrannical dictator is guff. I suggest you do a bit of research on other countries and the level of restrictions they have at the moment or have had throughout the pandemic and you will find that we’ve had it pretty good compared to many, many places. E.g. Australia and New Zealand have shut down huge areas or even the entire country after a single solitary case. Look at France and the Netherlands at the moment.

But aye, blame sturgeon who is gauging what is happening globally and taking advice from medical and scientific experts.

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Politics should be left out of the fitba forums - there’s a specific section for that. However, I’m as pissed off and scunnered as anyone with the latest restrictions and do think it’s a bit OTT but to act as if she is some killjoy, tyrannical dictator is guff. I suggest you do a bit of research on other countries and the level of restrictions they have at the moment or have had throughout the pandemic and you will find that we’ve had it pretty good compared to many, many places. E.g. Australia and New Zealand have shut down huge areas or even the entire country after a single solitary case. Look at France and the Netherlands at the moment.

But aye, blame sturgeon who is gauging what is happening globally and taking advice from medical and scientific experts.

I’m pretty sure people are aware of all that. Sturgeon is the one who directly affects us though. And oh yes who could forget.... the science... which makes absolutely zero sense to anyone with half a brain it’s almost like these people advising her quite like their jobs. The science that makes you walk into a restaurant with a mask on, walk 5 feet to sit down, then be absolutely fine to take your mask off afterwards. That science.

Consistently wrong in every model they ever produce and politicians consistently just playing politics with it. It’s an absolute farce and it’s a farce more people aren’t outraged over it all too

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m pretty sure people are aware of all that. Sturgeon is the one who directly affects us though. And oh yes who could forget.... the science... which makes absolutely zero sense to anyone with half a brain it’s almost like these people advising her quite like their jobs. The science that makes you walk into a restaurant with a mask on, walk 5 feet to sit down, then be absolutely fine to take your mask off afterwards. That science.

Consistently wrong in every model they ever produce and politicians consistently just playing politics with it. It’s an absolute farce and it’s a farce more people aren’t outraged over it all too

I agree with some of that to an extent and do think the world has gone a bit mental with this latest raft of measures but I do still firmly believe that doctors and scientist know a wee bit more about it than some fitba fans on P&B.

So how about saying “f*ck scientists, doctors and all politicians” as opposed to blaming one individual who is on a hiding to nothing

Edited by Tattie36

Just now, Tattie36 said:

I agree with some of that to an extent and do think the world has gone a bit mental with this latest raft of measures but I do still firmly believe that doctors and scientist know a wee bit more about it than some fitba fans on P&B.

So how about saying “f*ck scientists, doctors and all politicians” as opposed to blaming one individual who is on a hiding to nothing

I know it might feel like it but it’s not an overall general consensus there’s plenty of the ‘experts’ who completely disagree with it all too and there are places in the world that have lived their lives normally throughout. There’s not just one accepted viewpoint, even though it feels like it with how much shite is forced upon us all every single day. The fact politicians still think they can control people’s behaviours and the spread of a respiratory virus after all this time blows my mind. They must have some kind of god complex going on, utterly delusional. 

Can this shite please f**k off to another thread? There are plenty of them to debate the politics around the pandemic.

There's still a game happening. Let's use this thread to discuss that instead please.