Peterhead v Cove January 2nd 2022.

Robbed by officials.  Referee bottles sending off Neill for a second booking.  Gives a could on a challenge on the keeper in the first half when the ball was still on the ground and yet allows Rory to skittle Long for their goal.  To compound this, disallows a Peterhead goal for a similar challenge on Cove's keeper.  

Absolutely raging as this is the second game v Cove where we have lost as a result of shite officiating.

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

Robbed by officials.  Referee bottles sending off Neill for a second booking.  Gives a could on a challenge on the keeper in the first half when the ball was still on the ground and yet allows Rory to skittle Long for their goal.  To compound this, disallows a Peterhead goal for a similar challenge on Cove's keeper.  

Absolutely raging as this is the second game v Cove where we have lost as a result of shite officiating.

Neill could have easily gone as you said; very fortunate. His lack of pace makes him prone to miss timed or slightly reckless challenges.

We deserved no more than a point from today or our last visit. I would be equally frustrated.

Thought Ryan Duncan impressed on the right, especially first half. Cutting in onto his left foot he supplied a few chance balls. Rusty should have scored his header first half which would have altered the dynamic of the game.

26 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Neill could have easily gone as you said; very fortunate. His lack of pace makes him prone to miss timed or slightly reckless challenges.

We deserved no more than a point from today or our last visit. I would be equally frustrated.

Thought Ryan Duncan impressed on the right, especially first half. Cutting in onto his left foot he supplied a few chance balls. Rusty should have scored his header first half which would have altered the dynamic of the game.

Agree with your comments on Duncan, looks like a good decision to extend his loan until the end of the season.

34 minutes ago, blueone said:

Was told it was Scott Cusick.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-cusick/profil/spieler/567121

Apparently he's signed. Guess he was a trialist until his registration is complete.

Yeah name on the back of his shirt gave it away, but young lad did well.  

at least he stayed on the park, which was more than his boss did 

7 hours ago, doulikefish said:

It's never been a derby 

Due to Cove's location, to the south of Aberdeen, there really isn't much difference distance-wise between Peterhead and Montrose respectively. I think people more acquainted with the central belt often fail to grasp how distances between centres of population further north tend to be greater.

When I visit places further south, I have the opposite problem, coping with driving through what seems like endless suburbia before finally arriving at my destination.

On 24/12/2021 at 15:32, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good shout. Booked.

Just wondered if you enjoyed our hospitality on Sunday. Would have been happy with a draw which would have been fair. At the time thought Rory fouled the defender by putting his hands on him while making their way into the box which allowed him to get between the keeper & defender, dont think Rory touched the ball or the keeper but as we saw at the other end the officials were keen to protect the keeper. Have said all season the batch of officials in this league this season have in general been atrocious and we have tended to be on the wrong end of a few 

53 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Just wondered if you enjoyed our hospitality on Sunday. Would have been happy with a draw which would have been fair. At the time thought Rory fouled the defender by putting his hands on him while making their way into the box which allowed him to get between the keeper & defender, dont think Rory touched the ball or the keeper but as we saw at the other end the officials were keen to protect the keeper. Have said all season the batch of officials in this league this season have in general been atrocious and we have tended to be on the wrong end of a few 

In the end I had a change of plan and needed to cancel hospitality sadly. 

When I heard who we were missing, I thought a draw might be all we get and it would have been the fairest result. Ref had a few poor decisions and they landed in our favour. Normally keepers are protected as you say.

Good luck on Saturday at Firhill