God Save The Queen

Lex

This may be the start of a long overdue correction in British life.  By that I mean the unquestioning adoration of the monarchy and how it is reported, especially by the BBC, to a general public which for a sizeable and growing number has steadily moved away to a position of polite but firm indifference to the Royal Family. 

Similarly, the continuing deference to religion in a nation which in meaningful engagement has all but given up on the Christian faith, yet still we have undemocratic anomalies like bishops being enshrined as members of the unelected House of Lords, but in general failing miserably to hold politicians to account on tenets of their faith like soaring poverty and the treatment of asylum seekers.

And last, but by no means least, the baleful political influence of the right-wing media, especially newspapers, completely at odds with their plummeting circulation figures.

I said it may be the start, but it probably won't as long as Sturgeon and Starmer genuflect before narrow middle-class English and Scottish opinion on events such as this.

7 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I have managed to avoid ever really listening to Nicholas Witchell, a deeply odd guy. Currently just showing off by listing obscure members of the Royal family who could be arriving

Sky news instead. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

^^^ toonser found.

Butteries are the softer ones, rowies are the harder (one might say 'staler') ones.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Witchell talking about how the fleet of limos from the airport will be passing through towns with quaint names. Patronising c**t.

Westhill, Garlogie, Echt, Midmar, Tarland, the Ballater bypass

Will sevconians now have to learn how to spell GSTK ?

Edited by tarapoa