God Save The Queen

Lex

Fantastic BBC documentary on Monday night ‘The Unseen Queen’, would recommend catching up on iplayer for anyone who’s not seen it*.
Great to see all this footage being preserved and restored. She’s the kind of figure historians of the future will study and debate 500 years from now, the way they do today with Elizabeth l.
*would not recommend for seething republicans, would not be good for your blood pressure.

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

Fantastic BBC documentary on Monday night ‘The Unseen Queen’, would recommend catching up on iplayer for anyone who’s not seen it*.
Great to see all this footage being preserved and restored. She’s the kind of figure historians of the future will study and debate 500 years from now, the way they do today with Elizabeth l.
*would not recommend for seething republicans, would not be good for your blood pressure.

Sounds class!

I'll be sure to give it a watch.

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Genuine question, what do the Lizzie fan club think she has achieved? With her enormously privileged position, resources and record breaking reign. 

Yes she's been around for a long time, witnessed a whole series of seismic events but what has she, you know, done? 

She’s given Prince Andrew 12 mil to get him out of a sticky situation, if you’ll excuse the choice of words there. 

ETA - Wonder if her club’s fans think that was a better 12m spent than Flo? 

Edited by carpetmonster

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Genuine question, what do the Lizzie fan club think she has achieved? With her enormously privileged position, resources and record breaking reign. 

Yes she's been around for a long time, witnessed a whole series of seismic events but what has she, you know, done? 

She’s done nothing.

Thats not the point.

The institution which she represents has rolled on over all the years, as you say, witnessed seismic events and there has been no great clamour to remove it. That’s the secret- being apolitical.

When I was young I would refuse to stand in the cinema at the end to sing ‘God Save The Queen’ but, nothing wrong with that,  young folks are a bit lefty. However, as years passed I began to see that the monarchy was definitely something worth keeping and, in the main, a stabilising influence and a force for good.

7 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Quite a lot IMO.

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

Nah, you're alright. 

(FYI, not all those who would prefer not to have a monarchy are "seething" 😁. ) 

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

WhatsApp group??

That's new, please tell me more.

I'm sure previously banned Stormzy was obsessed with the idea of WhatsApp groups, instead of just coming to the obvious conclusion that more than one poster thought he was an abject fucking loser. 

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm sure previously banned Stormzy was obsessed with the idea of WhatsApp groups, instead of just coming to the obvious conclusion that more than one poster thought he was an abject fucking loser. 

Pretty sure you've posted lies about that banned poster and been corrected previously from others. 

4 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Pretty sure you've posted lies about that banned poster and been corrected previously from others. 

I don't think describing him as an abject fucking loser is even slightly a lie tbh. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

I don't think describing him as an abject fucking loser is even slightly a lie tbh. 

Maybe not, the WhatsApp thing sounds a bit fanciful though. 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Aye, but ‘others’ as in ‘posters that are actually other people’? 

Oh aye, posters that aren't DAF/Steiner/Johnny Martin that are Nationalists. DOTL was saying someone got banned for homophobia and then was quickly corrected. I don't think he's got the best memory or is purposefully throwing nasty shit for the sake of it. 

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Maybe not, the WhatsApp thing sounds a bit fanciful though. 

Oh aye, posters that aren't DAF/Steiner/Johnny Martin that are Nationalists. DOTL was saying someone got banned for homophobia and then was quickly corrected. I don't think he's got the best memory or is purposefully throwing nasty shit for the sake of it. 

In all honesty it's hard to keep track of which yoon troll get's banned for which particular piece of bigotry. Still, carry on greeting about it. i'm sure someone, at some point will give a shite 😂

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

In all honesty it's hard to keep track of which yoon troll get's banned for which particular piece of bigotry. Still, carry on greeting about it. i'm sure someone, at some point will give a shite 😂

This is definitely projection my guy.