Killie v Morton - Not that any of us can be arsed.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

A genuinely tragic post, but nevertheless - I asked you which Kilmarnock players were better than those starting for clubs around them and you responded with those twelve players. 

I know nothing about football, and yet you are telling me that Shaw and Hendry are better than Nouble. 

What’s genuinely tragic is misreading the original post in your froth to slag Kilmarnock then doubling-down on the bit you invented…

The fact you know nothing about football is kinda irrelevant in this context if your reading comprehension is 2/10, but I’ll answer: would Dick Campbell sign Shaw or Hendry if available? A simple yes or no will do.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I know you’re allergic to ‘sand dancers’… but come to actual f**k.

Imagine Imrie persuaded Killie to swap Mackenzie for Muirhead… he’d get a fuckin statue.

I'm not saying Mackenzie is as bad as Muirhead - Mackenzie was the Premier League equivalent of the sane absolute jobber forward though. 

When Mackenzie is trundling along at Queen of the South and Muirhead is at Clyde a division below, they will have both found their level. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

What’s genuinely tragic is misreading the original post in your froth to slag Kilmarnock then doubling-down on the bit you invented…

The fact you know nothing about football is kinda irrelevant in this context if your reading comprehension is 2/10, but I’ll answer: would Dick Campbell sign Shaw or Hendry if available? A simple yes or no will do.

I haven’t slagged Kilmarnock once, but okay. You might be amazed by this,  but not everything on a football forum has to be viewed through the prism of a rivalry. 

Would Dick Campbell even contemplate starting either over Nouble? f**k no. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I haven’t slagged Kilmarnock once, but okay. You might be amazed by this,  but not everything on a football forum has to be viewed through the prism of a rivalry. 

Would Dick Campbell even contemplate starting either over Nouble? f**k no. 

Acknowledge you’re arguing with something that wasn’t said, then answer the question.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

I'm not saying Mackenzie is as bad as Muirhead - Mackenzie was the Premier League equivalent of the sane absolute jobber forward though. 

When Mackenzie is trundling along at Queen of the South and Muirhead is at Clyde a division below, they will have both found their level. 

So we’d take him, along with the other eleven I named? Ok.

21 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

No, it explains two things: 1. You know very little about football; 2. You can’t read…

What part of ‘would immediately get a gig with’ translates to ‘walk into their starting line-up’?

The last bit is what you wanted me to have said… but it’s not what I said. So I’ve not changed anything, because I had no reason to do so, because what I said in the first place is patently the truth.

Thank you indeed for playing.

If your entire 'point' all along was that Kilmarnock's Galacticos might get into Arbroath's, then it's nowhere near as clever or relevant as you think it is. 

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

So we’d take him, along with the other eleven I named? Ok.

We're bottom of the fucking league champ and so not a relevant comparison. Would Partick, Inverness or Raith be falling over themselves to sign Kilmarnock's ballboy? Absolutely not. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

If your entire 'point' all along was that Kilmarnock's Galacticos might get into Arbroath's, then it's nowhere near as clever or relevant as you think it is. 

This. If the take is that Kilmarnock’s twelve best players would get into the squad of every other side in the league, (whether that is sitting on the bench or otherwise) then it really is an absolutely pointless observation. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, my point was that Kilmarnock have a dozen players that all the other teams would take… pretty clear, really.

It’s also pretty clear that’s an index of how badly Kilmarnock have done, not an attempt to big them up; as I said, if they appoint a half-way decent manager, they’ll walk it.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

We're bottom of the fucking league champ and so not a relevant comparison. Would Partick, Inverness or Raith be falling over themselves to sign Kilmarnock's ballboy? Absolutely not. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

They’d all take him in a minute, along with the other eleven. These are facts.

Thanks for at least trying to play.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

They’d all take him in a minute, along with the other eleven. These are facts.

They're not facts, they are simply your foolish opinions. Which don't stand up to the factual evidence of Kilmarnock being a piss-poor second tier outfit, once people look beyond delusional assessments of their squad on paper only. 

Swing and a miss then. 

IMG_20211224_233305.jpg.f4552b3e4535feb93da107814c8cd874.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

McKenzie has played in midfield for most of his career, he's maybe played a dozen games as a forward. His finishing isn't great, but aside from that he is very obviously a top flight quality player.

Hodson, Fraser Murray and Armstrong are certainly not, all three are poor players.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

McKenzie has played in midfield for most of his career, he's maybe played a dozen games as a forward. His finishing isn't great, but aside from that he is very obviously a top flight quality player.

If he is "very obviously a top flight quality player", then why is he playing for a very obviously mediocre second tier team now? 

What other end product does he offer to make him 'top flight quality', given his truly abysmal goals return as a forward?

What contribution did he make against a distinctly less than top flight quality Dundee to stop Kilmarnock getting sworded in the play-offs? 

As recent attacking players at Kilmarnock go, I'd much rather have Greg Kiltie than the chief ballboy tbh. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, virginton said:

They're not facts, they are simply your foolish opinions. Which don't stand up to the factual evidence of Kilmarnock being a piss-poor second tier outfit, once people look beyond delusional assessments of their squad on paper only. 

Swing and a miss then. 

IMG_20211224_233305.jpg.f4552b3e4535feb93da107814c8cd874.jpg

....except, of course, that that isn't necessarily fact at all; it's merely YOUR foolish opinion as opposed to that of various others. You really should know this, it's hardly rocket science.

NEXT......

4 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I know you’re allergic to ‘sand dancers’… but come to actual f**k.

Imagine Imrie persuaded Killie to swap Mackenzie for Muirhead… he’d get a fuckin statue.

Still wouldn't be as good as when Duffy persuaded Dunfermline to swap Forbes for Barrowman