WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Drew is gonna win the title in front of virtually no Scottish folk except his family & friends who'll have comps isn't he.

No doubt enough rich folk will pay it & come from across the world to Scotland for the weekend but there will be very little actual local Scottish folk at this looking at those prices.

I always wonder how people quote WWE making say a £1million off a 12,000 seater (no maths went into those figures, just plucked at random) and now I understand why. 

In the US, during the PPV era, they were charging about $80 per PPV so no surprise to think we'll accept those sort of in the flesh ticket prices.

Imagine Mania came to the UK. :lol:

5 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Drew is gonna win the title in front of virtually no Scottish folk except his family & friends who'll have comps isn't he.

No doubt enough rich folk will pay it & come from across the world to Scotland for the weekend but there will be very little actual local Scottish folk at this looking at those prices.

Scotland isn't a backwater full of skint folks. Plenty of folk will have saved up for tickets and I imagine quite a few will just fire it on a credit card and pay it off over a while.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Scotland isn't a backwater full of skint folks. Plenty of folk will have saved up for tickets and I imagine quite a few will just fire it on a credit card and pay it off over a while.

I didn't say Scotland was.

And it's not but taking into circumstances of Smackdown being same night as Germany Vs Scotland in Euros opener & currently only combo tickets being available clocking in at a cheapest price of £400 for the THIRD tier of seats you can understand a lot of folk who live up here baulking at paying that or indeed much, much more than that to be closer to the ring.

You only need to look at the other replies on this thread to see that.

Edited by cdhafc1874

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

For a show that was only announced this month might be more burning through savings or firing it on the credit card.

I think I paid about £50-£60 for Raw when it was in Glasgow and that was in the gods.

Those prices are utterly ludicrous. I did suspect as much when they announced their gate for Mania was up something like 70% on last year given there wasn't anything like 70% more fans over the two nights.

Historically, there's also absolutely nothing been shown from WWE as of yet that suggests the foreign PPVs are anything other than just glorified house shows.

You'll maybe get a tag title change or something but if Drew wins the title, it would certainly mark a massive change in direction as to how these overseas PPVs normally pan out.

Maybe they'll change things with Backlash, but I doubt it. Puerto Rico is probably the one that sticks out, but if you strip away Bad Bunny and the incredible crowd, you've probably got a fairly middling show.  If they manage to maneuver Drew into contention and have him win a title there, that is going to get a similar reaction, and I expect the crowd will be a hot one, they usually are in the UK, but I just can't see them putting on this incredible show.  I put down my money for All In without a second thought, because after last year I'm pretty sure AEW are going to put on probably the best show they could.  I don't trust WWE to do the same, for more money.

52 minutes ago, juansebastianvernon said:

Any word on if they are doing Saturday only tickets? I thought they might go out with the general sale, but it doesnt appear so

I suspect there’ll be a small handful of whatever hasn’t been sold as a combo at some point. Not holding out hope of getting one. 

Can’t imagine paying over a grand to see some pishy Grayson Waller talk show segment and a bunch of tag matches whilst Scotland are playing in the euros, I’m sure the ppv on the Saturday will be great fun though but not worth the prices I’m seeing.

I paid £200 for second level seats at All in last year which I thought was fairly pricey but worth it for a one off, there was also the option of buying tickets for around £30 in the nose bleeds for people with families or on a tighter budget.

I remember paying decent money for a house show Raw about 10-15 year ago. Kane was champion at the time and he fought Drew McIntyre for the title. Drew lost and cut a promo saying he'd win it for Scotland one day so it'd be nice to see him achieve his dream.

Anyways, the point of this post was that I'd paid decent money to be ringside but because it's all level, I couldn't see a fucking thing as I was about 6 or 7 rows back. 

Decided to just go into the 'cheap seats' as there were plenty free, and got a cracking fucking view that could have only been bettered by being in the front row.

As I was optimising my seat choice, I noticed that WWE had placed several restricted view seats directly behind a pillar with zero leg room. I should have taken a picture as it was embarrassingly positioned and touching the pillar.

To sum up, it's no surprise to see WWE rip the absolute pish.

20 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

To sum up, it's no surprise to see WWE rip the absolute pish.

Not in any way defending WWE without knowing for sure, but is it definitely them ripping the pish? Or, as per Taylor Swift and numerous other concerts, is it actually Ticketmaster’s bullshit demand algorithm that’s to blame for scandalous ticket prices yet again? 🤔

Edited by 8MileBU

Don't worry lads.  For anyone who never got a chance to buy, or those that were swithering, there's still a fair few tickets available for the Glasgow show.  And you're even up in the cheap seats!  

Of course, cheap is relative, as one will set you back £500.

They're taking the fucking piss.