WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

I love Kevin Owens. He's a fucking maniac. 

Logan Paul is unlikeable as f**k as a person but he's definitely someone in a wrestling context that I do want to see as he's entertaining in that field. A natural heel and he actually feels and carries himself like a wrestler rather than a celebrity interloper which I guess is as big a compliment as you can pay him.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, 21maxwell said:

Thought it was okay but god those peacock breaks made it drag out. 

The multiple tourism adverts dragged! I imagine that's part of the deal. At least they were inoffensive unlike the horrible Saudi propaganda segments.

They are starting to take the piss a bit with all the completely unnecessary footage they have in every single show, particularly when it's ones you're ultimately paying for.  And particularly hilarious that they're placed there instead of ads, made out like it's some kind of bonus like it's fucking EasyJet speedy boarding or something, and then basically advertise WWE rather than other products.  Some of them are interesting, but that's the first time you see them.  I was quite interested to see Bobby Lashley's journey to the WWE, but only once, not the 10-20 times that video got played.  And now on top of that, seemingly as part of the deal, we get to learn why you absolutely should come to "insert place here".  I do wonder if they went mental and played a big show at Hampden what these videos would look like though.  The Barras? The St Enoch centre?  Four corners?

Probably one of the weakest WWE-on-a-jolly shows that one.  Even some of the Saudi ones held a bit more for a viewer.  Elimination Chamber matches don't really ever live up to the hype of how they sound, and probably haven't since they decided to be spoilsports and made the thing actually safe for the wrestlers involved (the b*****ds).  I don't think there was anything particularly bad, but just a very middling show.  I liked the commitment to hating Logan Paul.  I liked that Rhea Ripley decided not to do the "this is just so lovely" tearful homecoming and opted instead for "coked up and off to the darts".  I liked Kevin Owens in general, from his stealing a koala to just being generally mental in the chamber match.  

One thing that did stand out early on though is what a good job NXT is doing if they're producing people like Stratton.  The chamber match started, and Naomi and Lynch looked pretty awkward, stiff and ultimately slow.  And that's two very experienced people, one of which at least you'd probably put at the top of the bracket.  Stratton came in and easily matched them, but actually looked like she was moving at some pace.  She's one of many in the new look NXT that seem to be getting thrown in at the deep end and thriving.  I'm sure I saw that some of the more high profile names have a ridiculously low number of actual televised matches, and a lot of them are holding their own against veterans.  Great job they're doing with them.

10 hours ago, forameus said:

They are starting to take the piss a bit with all the completely unnecessary footage they have in every single show, particularly when it's ones you're ultimately paying for.  And particularly hilarious that they're placed there instead of ads, made out like it's some kind of bonus like it's fucking EasyJet speedy boarding or something, and then basically advertise WWE rather than other products.  Some of them are interesting, but that's the first time you see them.  I was quite interested to see Bobby Lashley's journey to the WWE, but only once, not the 10-20 times that video got played.  And now on top of that, seemingly as part of the deal, we get to learn why you absolutely should come to "insert place here".  I do wonder if they went mental and played a big show at Hampden what these videos would look like though.  The Barras? The St Enoch centre?  Four corners?

Probably one of the weakest WWE-on-a-jolly shows that one.  Even some of the Saudi ones held a bit more for a viewer.  Elimination Chamber matches don't really ever live up to the hype of how they sound, and probably haven't since they decided to be spoilsports and made the thing actually safe for the wrestlers involved (the b*****ds).  I don't think there was anything particularly bad, but just a very middling show.  I liked the commitment to hating Logan Paul.  I liked that Rhea Ripley decided not to do the "this is just so lovely" tearful homecoming and opted instead for "coked up and off to the darts".  I liked Kevin Owens in general, from his stealing a koala to just being generally mental in the chamber match.  

One thing that did stand out early on though is what a good job NXT is doing if they're producing people like Stratton.  The chamber match started, and Naomi and Lynch looked pretty awkward, stiff and ultimately slow.  And that's two very experienced people, one of which at least you'd probably put at the top of the bracket.  Stratton came in and easily matched them, but actually looked like she was moving at some pace.  She's one of many in the new look NXT that seem to be getting thrown in at the deep end and thriving.  I'm sure I saw that some of the more high profile names have a ridiculously low number of actual televised matches, and a lot of them are holding their own against veterans.  Great job they're doing with them.

I honestly think we'll get Bron v Trick in the main event of Mania some point in the next 10 years or so. 

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I honestly think we'll get Bron v Trick in the main event of Mania some point in the next 10 years or so. 

Bron has to be the fastest heavyweight I've ever seen. Can only imagine that getting hit by him would be like getting hit by a car.

I know his uncle called himself the genetic freak but Bron truly is just a natural once in a generation athlete.

Edited by djchapsticks

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Mania week, will be watching a few of my favourite matches when i get the chance.

I do much the same to get in the mood, might start with Bret vs Owen seeing as it’s the 30th anniversary.

Talking of Wrestlemania and anniversaries, mind when WWE* didn't actually know what the word 'anniversary meant but tried to use it anyway?

*Almost certainly Vince McMahon.