WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

This Rumble has been one of the most meh Rumble's ever.

Zero highlights. Terrible crowd and no fun returns or surprises. 

This will never be going down as a classic.

Just now, FifeArab said:

utter bowfing stuff tonight. Hopefully this means Cody beats Roman.

He is now. He’d be as well asking for his release if they made him lose again 

Just catching up now but I don't know if it's just they mic the crowds badly but they just seem so dead at everything.

Don't think it helps that they pump in crowd noise on the TV shows quite often as well.

Just caught up on last night.

I enjoyed the women’s rumble more than the men’s, had the right level of surprises and good performances.

Jade Cargill is every bit the star she’s meant to be, brilliant debut. Glad they went with Bayley as the winner, though.

The men’s match was just a bit dull, that mcafee spot was an utter waste. Good finish, right enough. It’s Cody’s time (again).

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Just caught up on last night.

I enjoyed the women’s rumble more than the men’s, had the right level of surprises and good performances.

Jade Cargill is every bit the star she’s meant to be, brilliant debut. Glad they went with Bayley as the winner, though.

The men’s match was just a bit dull, that mcafee spot was an utter waste. Good finish, right enough. It’s Cody’s time (again).

Wonder if the Mcafee spot was Brock’s number? 

Thought Punk would have won the Men’s rumble but he’ll win at EC in the chamber. 

There was a point in the men's rumble where Graves suddenly wondered out loud how Jey Uso had managed to last so long in there. I can't have been the only one thinking "It's because he's been sitting in the corner doing f**k all for the last half hour".

The women's rumble was definitely better than the men's, but R-Truth was the highlight of both.

I know it's been said plenty of times before, but so many WWE wrestlers have rubbish entrance music these days.

In a rumble, you used to know who was coming out within half a second of their music hitting. Balor used to have a great theme, his new one is crap.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder if the Mcafee spot was Brock’s number? 

Thought Punk would have won the Men’s rumble but he’ll win at EC in the chamber. 

Apparently all of Brock's stuff was given to Bron.

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I know it's been said plenty of times before, but so many WWE wrestlers have rubbish entrance music these days.

In a rumble, you used to know who was coming out within half a second of their music hitting. Balor used to have a great theme, his new one is crap.

Nakamura was the only decent one and even that only lasted 20 secs.   Shite entrance music and for a rumble far too short.

Wifies rumble was well better. 

Yeah, that was a disappointing show all round.  Women's Rumble probably edges it for the best, but even that wasn't exactly mind-blowing.  One thing I will give them credit for now though, that's the first women's Rumble they've had where they haven't had to delve down into the depths to try and make up 30 entrants.  Comfortably filled out the field with decent talent and had a fair few left over.  Definitely needed that one more big surprise towards the tail-end to really elevate, but they all did a good job, and Bailey winning is absolutely the right decision.  

Four-way match was...there, I guess.  Everyone gets their shit in and Reigns comes out on top.  Shock.  The complete lack of any further intrigue beyond that just continues to highlight how his run is being so badly handled.  That was one of the cleaner wins in memory (although to be honest, maybe there was interference and I've forgotten about it already because it was all so tedious) but for all their talk of how dominant he is, every single match is the same.  They really need to write themselves an ending very soon.

US Title match...again, it's fine.  I can't fucking stand Logan Paul.  He's clearly very, very good at this, but that's not going to change the fact that he's an odious little c**t.  At least they're presenting him as such.  Quite liked the booking of the ending so credit to them for that.  Assume it's now a repeat at WM (or probably EC) with some kind of stipulation.

Men's Rumble was probably the most disappointing.  Not bad by any means, but that's almost worse for them.  2015 is probably one of the worst of all time, but it's watchable because of it.  This one is just background noise, and I'm struggling to really remember anything really good coming out of it.  Apart from R Truth, who, as someone else said, was the best part of two Rumble matches and the pre-show, and deserves at least an hour set aside for him  on every show. Was quite surprised Rhodes won, although I think it is the right decision, and an exciting closing sequence.  But it doesn't make up for the rest of it being so boring.