WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Elimination Chamber is to determine Rollins' challenger at Mania. Drew and Orton have qualified.

Has to be Drew surely. Guy has been awesome recently and, given Rollins' injury issues, Drew will win.

Styles will cost LA Knight in his qualification match to set up a Mania match between those two.

Pretty sure Orton will face Solo at Mania. No idea what Zayn will do though.

Unless they go with Orton vs Seth, bit then it would be babyface vs babyface. If they do they could have Drew vs Zayn but I feel that would be a bit of a waste of Drew, which sounds like an insult to Zayn but isn't. Sami has been an unfortunate victim of having no real solid plan/story at the moment.

Shame HHH can't wrestle now as him vs Rock at Mania would be immense.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Elimination Chamber is to determine Rollins' challenger at Mania. Drew and Orton have qualified.

Has to be Drew surely. Guy has been awesome recently and, given Rollins' injury issues, Drew will win.

Styles will cost LA Knight in his qualification match to set up a Mania match between those two.

Pretty sure Orton will face Solo at Mania. No idea what Zayn will do though.

Unless they go with Orton vs Seth, bit then it would be babyface vs babyface. If they do they could have Drew vs Zayn but I feel that would be a bit of a waste of Drew, which sounds like an insult to Zayn but isn't. Sami has been an unfortunate victim of having no real solid plan/story at the moment.

Shame HHH can't wrestle now as him vs Rock at Mania would be immense.

The chat is Sami Drew Seth triple threat.

I finally got a chance to go back and watch some of the press conference, and fucking hell the Rock is a revelation returning to that kind of role.  I know why he doesn't want to play the bad guy in any of his movies, but....I just don't get why he doesn't want to play the bad guy in any of his movies.  He pisses charisma, and with his absolutely-totally-not-juiced physique, he's genuinely frightening.  I've never got the impression of him being particularly intimidating in his previous roles.  He's too attitude-era-japes with his promos, and no amount of him talking in the 3rd person and threatening a booting to someone really sold it.  But when he slowly walked over to Cody and spoke slowly, quietly and calmly, I could absolutely see it.

It's a fool's game doing it given it'll probably be different on Monday again, but at this stage I could see Rock basically being the Bloodline enforcer in the lead up, and maybe into WM.  Then they either keep him on that side, or just have him face turn back and clear the decks for Cody to win clean.  But at this stage, who the f**k knows what they've got in mind.  I don't think even they do.

I've just watched the whole twenty odd minute segment. I've always held the opinion nobody could match Stone Cold but that was phenomenal cinema by The Rock. He's clearly in his element and enjoying what he's doing. The 'what' segment just prior to the bloodline tree was excellent.

I never watch or really dip into the wrestling anymore but always make sure I do when either Rock or Austin are about. Seeing him return and look completely compelled by the role is gripping. Personally I think they're 100% on Cody but they'll ebb and flow with the numbers and interactions online with how it will be delivered. Serious money will be made from this and they'll go all in drama wise to keep the whole Vince thing as far back from the brand as possible by doing so.

I'd read Roman has been considering chucking it and going the same route as Dwayne - perfect time to do that too.

Whatever happens, sometimes you just have to sit in the moment and revel in the chaos.

The downside is, I just don't see Cody carrying the brand. He just doesn't have that 'prestige' in his delivery.

Someone mentioned it on a podcast, but say they manage to nail the main event, Rock's proper heeling it up and it looks like, once again, Reigns is about to retain with help...then the glass breaks.  Can you fucking imagine?

Was thinking earlier, 2024 wrestling is just fucking wild, isn't it?   Ten years ago there was the infamous Royal Rumble where everything seemed to be going off the rails.  Just prior to WM30, so Batista won the Rumble to a chorus of boos, and Punk immediately abandoned ship.  Some of the parallels from that show and what's happened since are mental.  On the pre-show, of the RR, Cody lost the tag titles to the New Age Outlaws.  Ten years later, Cody left WWE, helped start up a whole new fucking company which has formed genuine competition, left again, and has come back to be probably the biggest deal in wrestling.  Goldust is STILL going in that company, as is Billy Gunn.  Punk spent a while away, had a spell in the company too, fought with pretty much everyone, threatened his boss, and ended up back in WWE 10 years later.  Out of the 30 in that Rumble match, just about half as many as are still in the WWE are now in AEW, almost as many as are retired.  and in that ten years, we've seen the likes of Edge and Christian return for great runs, Stone Cold having a final match, Daniel Bryan Danielson was fine, completely fucked, retired, left, and is now riding out his career across the world, Vince McMahon has essentially torched a legacy.  A company other than WWE has played Wembley Fucking Stadium and near enough filled it.  

Mad shit.

They're shaping up to have a fair blockbuster of a WM at this rate.  

Probably confirmed

Rock/Reigns vs Rollins/Rhodes (Night 1)
Reigns vs Rhodes (Night 2)
Rollins vs ? (Night 2)
Bayley vs Iyo Sky

Potential

Lynch v Ripley
Gunther vs ? (seemed to be Jey Uso, but they're chucking that on RAW next week apparently)
Jey Uso vs Jimmy Uso (heavily rumoured previously)
LA Knight vs Styles
Logan Paul vs ? (probably KO I'd imagine to blow off the feud)
Something tag title related
Belair vs Cargill (can't see Belair not doing something)

Just going by all of those, you're pushing about the number of matches we had last year (8 on night , 7 on night 2, although 1 on each night was Miz getting a booting for a couple of minutes).  HHH seems to like the smaller cards to give the matches room to breathe, so can't imagine they'd go too many more than this (probably chuck some onto Wrestlemania Smackdown or whatever they call it).  Chuck in a few stipulations to matches, and this is shaping up to be rather good.

Only issue with The Rock thing is that in one promo he's already making Roman look like the weaker player. He's just not got the charisma of his older cousin.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

10am start time for us tomorrow. Will probably watch it live.

We’re at home tomorrow so don’t need to leave till 2:30 so may do the same. If not I’ll avoid social media all day and watch it in bed after Arsenal v Newcastle.

Edited by FifeArab

6 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Morning PPV's, I could get used to this!

Aye it's no bad like! Got a couple of square sausages under the grill for breakfast and got the Chamber on. Decent start to the day!