Jacob Brown

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As was mentioned in another thread Jacob Brown was expected to move to Luton Town. The deal is complete and it's official. It's a good move for him and will be watching with interest. I like him as a player, but I suppose a lot of Scotland fans have still to see what he's all about.

It still doesn’t feel real. I’ve known about the interest for a long time and since I’ve known about it, I’ve been so excited. So for it to be finally done, I’m over the moon. It’s every kid’s dream to play in the Premier League and I’ve not done it yet. I need to work hard and earn my chance, but if I do get that chance.

I’m so grateful and looking forward to it. The journey the club has gone on and where it has come from, you can see how much it means to the players, the staff and the fans to be going into the Premier League. To be a part of that now, I’m buzzing for it, and I’m just going to work my hardest and give my all for the fans.

Jacob Brown

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2023/august/jacob-brown-signs

Edited by 2426255

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously, it was a great move for Jacob to get the move to Luton. I just felt it was better for Jacob at this time to settle into his new club and a new environment. Let him settle in. Lawrence is scoring a lot of goals, Kevin managed to get a goal at the weekend which is good, Che’s scored three this year. I saw one of his games. Fergie scored yesterday. So we’ve got players who are scoring goals. Jacob can count himself a little bit unlucky because he’s had that big move, but it also tells you how difficult it is for me now to make a selection, which is great.

Steve Clarke

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23752069.scotland-manager-steve-clarke-monitoring-premier-league-wonderkid/

• 1 month later...

I thought he had a good 30 minutes. The ball always stuck when we played into him and he was quite sharp on the ball. I wouldn't have any concerns if we saw him get more game time in our upcoming games and I'm hopeful a few people have a better idea of what he can bring. He's not going to be a game changer, but he is a good option to have.

I think Jacob Brown was originally one for the mid-term, being 23 years old when he got his first call-up in Nov-21. I see his position within the Scotland squad as similar to Lewis Ferguson and other younger players as largely a support role until such time that they blossom or an opportunity presents itself and they can grasp it.

Brown's move to the English Premier League and performance last night are pointers to our fanbase that he might be beginning to blossom. It's only one game and the game was definitily dead from a French perspective 5 minutes after he came on if not before then so that must be factored in. I think he will be a part of things running up to the Euro's and will get chances and it will be up to him to take them.

I don't think it matters whether he gets chances against Georgia and Norway specifically, but across the remaining games ahead of the Euros I'm sure he will get chances.

Edited by 2426255

• 1 month later...

Just watched on MOTD. Interestingly, his chance, and finish, were very similar to the one he missed for Scotland midweek.

He really didn't stake a claim Vs Norway, but let's not write the guy off based on that performance alone. As mentioned already, every single fwd in our pool has had at least one toothless performance.

He probably needs to earn a other start now, but that's the way it should be.

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Just watched on MOTD. Interestingly, his chance, and finish, were very similar to the one he missed for Scotland midweek.

He really didn't stake a claim Vs Norway, but let's not write the guy off based on that performance alone. As mentioned already, every single fwd in our pool has had at least one toothless performance.

He probably needs to earn a other start now, but that's the way it should be.

Firstly, agree he didnt do enough to stake a starting spot, nor a place in the Euro squad. 

But....

He made a few good runs im behind that werent either spotted or chosen. We havent really had a striker who does that with this squad, so maybe more a case of player familiarity then him being awful.

3 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Played off the left for Luton and made some good runs into the box. I just don't think he's a lone striker 

I think he’s the kind of striker who would do a job with 10 men.  I think he’ll be on the plane.