Jacob Brown

A few quotes I found interesting.

We have good quality. Jacob was good. He worked hard in a lone shift against two big physical guys. I thought he did okay. I am disappointed that Jacob didn’t score a goal off the cross from the right, but we recovered it well and showed a good tenacity to get into that corner. 

Steve Clarke

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/scotland-boss-gives-his-assessment-of-luton-forwards-full-international-debut-during-norway-draw-4419039

I thought it went well. We wanted to get a win, but I think we performed better in the second half. For me personally, I thought I put myself about, had a big chance in the second half which we then scored straight after - but a good experience to get my first start and a good feeling. 

If you think about it too much [having to take your chance] you probably put more pressure on yourself than you need to. Whether you come on or start you still want to try and score but for me it's just about working hard. I got a chance to start today and hopefully get some more in the future.

Jacob Brown

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/brown-first-start-ignoring-pressure-154231381.html

I thought I did well when I came on against France, I had a couple of chances, I am just trying to train well and get the opportunity to show what I can do. Hopefully, that will keep coming.

Jacob Brown

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/hatters-attacker-brown-targets-a-place-in-scotlands-euro-2024-finals-squad-4415867

I was close (to scoring) against France which would have been amazing. As a striker you want to show what you can do and get the goals and assists. If I’m selected (against Norway) hopefully I can do that. My job is to get goals and that’s what I want to do, but you need to bring more than just that. If you’re not scoring you need to be helping in other ways and I feel like I definitely do that, but to get my first goal would be a nice bonus. 

Jacob Brown

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/lutons-jacob-brown-targeting-first-scotland-goal-but-insists-he-can-help-team-in-other-ways-4415090

Edited by 2426255

15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Scotland haven't had a red card since Steve Clarke took over.

We haven't exactly been shy about harassing opponents and putting the tackles in either. The Boss has clearly got them treading a good line on how far to push and when to ease off to avoid problems. We've played a couple of teams recently who did not understand where that line was (Armenia spring to mind). Is this list correct? 21 red cards since WWII is pretty impressive considering some of the...erm...challenging players we've had over the years.

As for Brown, he reminds me of a couple of strikers we've had at the Recs - fast, plenty of running, but doesn't see a lot of the ball and is usually dispossessed when he gets it. Clarke obviously sees promise there, so he gets the benefit of the doubt; I was very much in the "Grant Hanley is a useless carthorse" camp years ago, and look how he turned out.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

We haven't exactly been shy about harassing opponents and putting the tackles in either. The Boss has clearly got them treading a good line on how far to push and when to ease off to avoid problems. We've played a couple of teams recently who did not understand where that line was (Armenia spring to mind). Is this list correct? 21 red cards since WWII is pretty impressive considering some of the...erm...challenging players we've had over the years.

S**n*ss

On 02/12/2023 at 22:11, Jambomo said:

He scored again for Luton today.

Coming into form at a good time. Wonder how much he'll be driven by trying to get in the euros squad.

He offered next to nothing against Norway but he showed a couple flashes against France. 

If he's got another 5/6 goals by the tournament would that be enough to get him in? Confidence can make a big difference in a player.